Stephen Bettis speaks to local Media

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

In fairness, Staton did ask searching questions to Wilder in the pre Stoke conference. I think Radio Sheffield are as hacked off as anyone about the current regime, given their lack of transparency and access so I don't imagine he'll hold back on the difficult ones.

Difficult ones being 1) Are SUFC at risk of a points deduction. Answer = Can't talk much about that as ongoing process, but confident of no wrongdoing. 2) Lack of budget this window/CW saying goalposts moved. Answer = No parachute payments for the first time in X years, have to cut cloth accordingly, won't jeopordise long time finances of the club.
No point him really coming on, that just about sums up united👍
 



The questions I’d really like Bettis to answer are:

1. What makes him as an accountant suitable to be the club’s de facto Director of Football and does he think he’s currently operating way above his talents and ability at the moment? And…

2. Who’s idea was it to sack Alan Knill, was it Wilder’s idea, or was Wilder consulted about this before Knill was dismissed?

If someone is going to call in I’d appreciate it if these could be asked.
I expect the real answer to question two will be covered in an autobiography in a few years time and not before.

Until then, I think we’ll just get a politicians answer.
 
I expect the real answer to question two will be covered in an autobiography in a few years time and not before.

Until then, I think we’ll just get a politicians answer.
I'd like to think Wilder would be upfront if it's for him. Managers getting rid of their assistants after a while isn't that rare these days. If anything having a "duo" is.

That said it's hard to see the change has worked
 
He "wants to look to the future" which he said is much brighter. Thats all well and good but to a lot of us the current transfer strategy doesnt seem to have a "future"its all about signing experienced players on short term rentals or contracts. He needs to let us know what that "future" looks like, is it more of the same or can we look forward to some longer term team building?
The ‘future’ is Rosen passing us onto the next sucker in line, that’s why he’d rather us focus on that 😂
 
‘If it were clear cut we’d have been charged already’

12pt deduction.
Still a possibility.
 



Good god this is a car crash of an interview. Sounds like we have Mickey Pierce running the show. They’re gambling so much with our club solely to avoid paying money that they are
Contractually obliged to pay. 😡
Feel a bit for Bettis, hung out to dry by absolute roasters in the owners.
 



All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom