Stadium Development

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I simply can’t see how these can get built, especially now they are independent of the club. Siting these flats at the corner of Shoreham/John street will inconvenience the club and just won’t happen.
Mccabe has probably decided this is a white elephant and really just held on as a foot in the door to upset the Prince! Not worked has it !
probably t

he Prince has kept his council and waited till Mccabe decided its a pointless exercise hanging in there.
Health and safety would be all over any new build involving residence (flats).
Trying to sell for the best price possible is what it looks like.Digging up previouse planning permission is probably due to lazy journalism.
As I have said before the Prince is nobodies fool must have a good team of legal men behind him including the chairman who's name I can't spell or pronounce properly.

Mccabe has probably decided this is a white elephant and really just held on as a foot in the door to upset the Prince! Not worked has it !
probably t

he Prince has kept his council and waited till Mccabe decided its a pointless exercise hanging in there.
Health and safety would be all over any new build involving residence (flats).
Trying to sell for the best price possible is what it looks like.Digging up previouse planning permission is probably due to lazy journalism.
As I have said before the Prince is nobodies fool must have a good team of legal men behind him including the chairman who's name I can't spell or pronounce properly.
Let’s be honest, these pockets of land can only be realistically bought by one buyer…So United can play the long game.

1962 FA Cup 6th round v Burnley, thought attendance for that was 57,000, wall collapsed on Kop.
Was there that day.
I was a few yards away from the barrier that gave way (one person tragically died). Pictures in the Green 'Un that night. Caused by everyone, my Dad and me included, leaning forward when a Doc Pace header was blocked on the line. Fluke goal for Burnley won it, when an Alex Elder cross hit Ray Pointer on the back of the head and went in. Strong memories still. 57k biggest crowd I've ever been in at the Lane.

I was a few yards away from the barrier that gave way (one person tragically died). Pictures in the Green 'Un that night. Caused by everyone, my Dad and me included, leaning forward when a Doc Pace header was blocked on the line. Fluke goal for Burnley won it, when an Alex Elder cross hit Ray Pointer on the back of the head and went in. Strong memories still. 57k biggest crowd I've ever been in at the Lane.
Match reports from HodgysBrokenThumb in below link

I’m also of the opinion that stadium design has moved on in 15 years so we should just completely scrap those plans and look at other alternatives.

I always think exactly this whenever the old plans are revived on here.

Design, materials, costs, regulatory requirements, possibilities for every aspect of the build, will surely have moved on significantly since, erm, Kev’s bid to host the World Cup.

The old plans have been re-approved several times, but this is surely about retaining permissions in the abstract? In the unlikely scenario that the club was to press ahead with a significant rebuild, even in the near future, I’d expect the actual plans submitted to look very different.

I never really liked the proposed South Stand development in the old plans—neither the pitch-facing side nor the exterior. It always looked a bit boxy and crude to me. I think it looks really dated now. And the obvious cons of the Kop proposal are surely more problematic now, if anything, with the passage of time.

Nice to read your recollections. I assume you weren’t at the Wednesday match in 1960, when the temporary stand attached to the Cricket Pavilion got the attendance up to almost 60000? Another hard luck story, but at least there weren’t the problems with the barriers that day, despite a lot of crowd swaying. The things the youngsters of today never get to experience😂

Nice to read your recollections. I assume you weren’t at the Wednesday match in 1960, when the temporary stand attached to the Cricket Pavilion got the attendance up to almost 60000? Another hard luck story, but at least there weren’t the problems with the barriers that day, despite a lot of crowd swaying. The things the youngsters of today never get to experience😂
First game was in '59 when I was 6, at home to Rotherham in the old 2nd division (think it was a 3-1win). Don't recollect the derby game with Wednesday in 60 though. First derby game I can remember was a 2-2draw. My all time hero Doc Pace and a Graham Shaw pen for us, a Bronco Layne free kick and Colin Dobson (?) for them. Those were the days 😏.

I simply can’t see how these can get built, especially now they are independent of the club. Siting these flats at the corner of Shoreham/John street will inconvenience the club and just won’t happen.

Apparently the planning permission has expired now, but it presumably was passed originally. If our kop expansion was also passed during the same time frame that would sound like a recipe for disaster if both went ahead.

I've seen some surprising planning decisions in recent years in my area (which comes under Bradford council) to squeeze new dwellings into surprising places when it's in favour of them meeting housing targets, would inconvenience to the club be enough for it to be turned down? Might depend on how many pigs there are on the planning committee.

Last edited:
Think there over 60k registered on the customer list at sufc ,but leave attendances to the midweek FC .
I'm registered with about ten different clubs when I wanted a ticket for games when I was working in different parts of the country a few years ago

So to summarise, McCabe was a god.

For keeping ticket prices to a minimum. Thereby increasing the fanbase (subject to forum lies, damn lies and statistics)

Taking us to the PL twice.

Investing in the academy, producing more PL players than any other club outside the PL.

Yet at the same time he is a full weight bellend.

For selling our best players to fund all this.

HRH is also a god.

For keeping ticket prices low.

Taking us to PL once.

Yet at the same time he is a full weight bellend.

For selling Illi and Berge.

For not selling the club for the £ 5 he bought us for.

So both owners are rubbish for not 'investing' enough of their money into 'our' club.

Yet we wonder why there is no queue of potential new owners when all we do is criticise those who 'invest' millions into 'our' club.

Us Blades should be used to it they have always sold our best players since I started going to Bramall Lane in 1966. even before then.not always for their valuation.way below in some cases.

As we all knew.

No1 baby!

Similar said at the end of last year:

SHEFFIELD United’s football stadium is the best in the Premier League, a poll found.

The Blades’ 32,000-seat Bramall Lane came top of the table based on the cost of a pint, quality of food, atmosphere ratings and Google Reviews.

SHEFFIELD United’s football stadium is the best in the Premier League, a poll found.

The Blades’ 32,000-seat Bramall Lane came top of the table based on the cost of a pint, quality of food, atmosphere ratings and Google Reviews.

“Quality of food”.

1708442113808.jpeg

At least we are good at something this season 😂, must be a sympathy vote that.

First game was in '59 when I was 6, at home to Rotherham in the old 2nd division (think it was a 3-1win). Don't recollect the derby game with Wednesday in 60 though. First derby game I can remember was a 2-2draw. My all time hero Doc Pace and a Graham Shaw pen for us, a Bronco Layne free kick and Colin Dobson (?) for them. Those were the days 😏.
Below are extracts from my post about that Rotherham game (November 1960). Hope they bring back a few memories.
24F01922-FB28-4DC2-A89A-1BC9914957FE.jpegFA7FDE74-F1E5-4916-A3F3-09F1DB127FA8.jpegA15B5C95-9448-45DE-97D2-5F4408142335.jpeg27FE9E87-F122-4EB8-B89D-985817F09F8B.jpegF77C5255-0BC5-406F-A521-486D7B1660D5.jpegCE72051D-6D40-4711-B672-A092FF668A8B.jpeg

Erm - really?

As people have said before, where do they get these figures from

It charges £3 for a beer and scored 3.4 for its grub, 3.9 for atmosphere and 4.6 in online reviews, all out of five.

Back
Top Bottom