Stadium Development

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Below are extracts from my post about that Rotherham game (November 1960). Hope they bring back a few memories.
View attachment 179664View attachment 179665View attachment 179666View attachment 179667View attachment 179668View attachment 179669
Thanks for that Hodgy. Memory playing tricks on me šŸ˜•, thought it was '59 not' 60 šŸ¤”, so I was 7 šŸ˜€. Of course Keith Kettleborough a Rotherham player back then. Another favourite of mine later on at the Lane. Can't remember the goals, but Rocket Ron Simpson certainly had a cannonball of a shot on him, comparable to Woody. Seem to remember Cliff Mason playing left back quite a few times back then. Loved how Doc Pace never came back to defend corners, always seemed to stay up on the halfway line, if memory serves me right. Thanks once again.

Thanks for that Hodgy. Memory playing tricks on me šŸ˜•, thought it was '59 not' 60 šŸ¤”, so I was 7 šŸ˜€. Of course Keith Kettleborough a Rotherham player back then. Another favourite of mine later on at the Lane. Can't remember the goals, but Rocket Ron Simpson certainly had a cannonball of a shot on him, comparable to Woody. Seem to remember Cliff Mason playing left back quite a few times back then. Loved how Doc Pace never came back to defend corners, always seemed to stay up on the halfway line, if memory serves me right. Thanks once again.
Why do we pull every player back to defend corner kicks? Makes no sense to me 1, if we leave a player on the halfway line the other team have to leave two defenders back to watch him. 2, It gives us an out ball rather than just booting it anywhere and can stop the ball coming straight back into our penalty area.

My patented ā€œishā€ range is going down nicely, then coming back up again. Some of the greatest businessmen that ever lived had teething troubles when launching a new product.

My range includes meat-ish, chicken-ish, pork-ish, and fish-ish. And to appeal to the yoghurt knitters, sorry I mean valued customers, veg-ish.

I donā€™t like the phrase market leader, but I do lead the marketā€¦ā€¦

My patented ā€œishā€ range is going down nicely, then coming back up again. Some of the greatest businessmen that ever lived had teething troubles when launching a new product.

My range includes meat-ish, chicken-ish, pork-ish, and fish-ish. And to appeal to the yoghurt knitters, sorry I mean valued customers, veg-ish.

I donā€™t like the phrase market leader, but I do lead the marketā€¦ā€¦

Most of your market usually wears a leadā€¦..

Back
Top Bottom