Stadium Development

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The corner of John Street and Shoreham street being taken away Is a major problem, it cuts down the Kop entry points to two and more importantly we lose the main exit point .. no way is SAG going to approve the current capacity of the Kop remaining as it is unless we find some way of producing a new major exit, as in the original bolt on extension plan... and that costs money we don’t have,
I haven't seen the plans for the developments, but I assumed that the new buildings were on land not currently used. Presumably, blocking access to the ground would be something we could object to. In any case we have the whole of Shoreham St to build other exits to, or easy access to John St or Cherry St.

For developers there’s loads of more lucrative plots available in Sheffield, flats and student pods (in better locations) aren’t selling fast as the market is saturated with them, these plans were originally done out of pettiness and spite. Can’t see anyone bothering with these awkward plots.
Kevin actually reminded me of Larry David opening up a spite store, with this action.

When the estate agents are carrying out the viewings maybe a banner on the kop (in view of the appartments) ....

'We can see you in the bath' may put off potential purchasers.

(With acknowledgement to Luton Town FC)

Back in early 2020 the Club provided the attached statement that confirmed KM had renaged on an agreement to sell the Kop land sites referencing unreasonable demands as to the value of the property options (the assets Stadium, hotel etc). At the time I posted it was to be hoped the Kop Land sites would be included in arbitration to draw a line under the dispute. They weren't and 4 years later they are still a point of contention.

I'd say its fair to argue after all this time KM has little intention of selling the land to the Club whilst PA is in situ. unless his financial situation is so precarious he has no alternative. The very fact he engineered their exclusion from the original partnership agreement suggests he always intended to keep a little piece of BDTBL for himself possibly in the hope he would one day come charging over the hill on a white horse to save the Club.

SUFC back in 2020 stated the building of any high rise dwellings would be vigorously contested as it would cause ground access issues so there is the potential for further disputes to occur which we can ill afford.

KM genuinely may be in financial difficulty and has no option but to sell. Part of me feels this is just another annual look at me exercise in a desperate attempt to remain relevant.

For developers there’s loads of more lucrative plots available in Sheffield, flats and student pods (in better locations) aren’t selling fast as the market is saturated with them, these plans were originally done out of pettiness and spite. Can’t see anyone bothering with these awkward plots.

Yeah my assumption was always that it was a second rate development that McCabe saw as an opportunity just because he was already sat on the football club.

Purely my non expert opinion based on the plans…

Back in early 2020 the Club provided the attached statement that confirmed KM had renaged on an agreement to sell the Kop land sites referencing unreasonable demands as to the value of the property options (the assets Stadium, hotel etc). At the time I posted it was to be hoped the Kop Land sites would be included in arbitration to draw a line under the dispute. They weren't and 4 years later they are still a point of contention.

I'd say its fair to argue after all this time KM has little intention of selling the land to the Club whilst PA is in situ. unless his financial situation is so precarious he has no alternative. The very fact he engineered their exclusion from the original partnership agreement suggests he always intended to keep a little piece of BDTBL for himself possibly in the hope he would one day come charging over the hill on a white horse to save the Club.

SUFC back in 2020 stated the building of any high rise dwellings would be vigorously contested as it would cause ground access issues so there is the potential for further disputes to occur which we can ill afford.

KM genuinely may be in financial difficulty and has no option but to sell. Part of me feels this is just another annual look at me exercise in a desperate attempt to remain relevant.
I don’t think KM nor any of his companies now own the land.

I don’t think KM nor any of his companies now own the land.
The liquidators were appointed by Cutlers Holdings Ltd as part of the company wind up. Jeremy Tutton is listed as Director and is also Chief Financial Officer for Scarborough Group KM's main company. The liquidators will take over control of the sale and pay off any creditors as a consequence. Technically the liquidators currently retain possession of the land as an asset until a sale occurs but we are not party to any specific asset arrangement that may have been agreed with KM.

As Liquidators now control the asset there may be an opportunity for the Club to negotiate a reasonable price outside of any involvement with KM.

If money was no object I'd raise it to the ground and start again.

Turn the stadium 90 degrees and move it further down the car park and then nobody is affected by a lack of natural light.
Then have a multi storey car park under the stadium at a fiver a vehicle.
Uniformed build on three tiers
Then from each corner of the stadium I'd have a giant hologrammatic laser type of thing so that when all four points are conjoined it makes a giant hologrammatic club badge hundreds of metres up in the sky so that it can be seen from miles around.

I haven't seen the plans for the developments, but I assumed that the new buildings were on land not currently used. Presumably, blocking access to the ground would be something we could object to. In any case we have the whole of Shoreham St to build other exits to, or easy access to John St or Cherry St.

Nope the housing plans are to use the current area where the kop entrance and exit is on John Street seen bottom right below…

IMG_8029.jpeg

the new entrance exits would be onto Shoreham street at the back of an expanded Kop.. Which we currently cannot afford to build.. we would have a serious problem here

Turn the stadium 90 degrees and move it further down the car park and then nobody is affected by a lack of natural light.
Then from each corner of the stadium I'd have a giant hologrammatic laser type of thing so that when all four points are conjoined it makes a giant hologrammatic club badge hundreds of metres up in the sky so that it can be seen from miles around.

It’s Sheffield silly bollocks…..

He's done this to make the land value much higher, now theorectically the land can be built on and developed he'll want even more money. Absolutely the least Bladey thing he could do was split the 10 acres that have always belonged to the club, spiteful twat!

Nope the housing plans are to use the current area where the kop entrance and exit is on John Street seen bottom right below…

View attachment 179290

the new entrance exits would be onto Shoreham street at the back of an expanded Kop.. Which we currently cannot afford to build.. we would have a serious problem here
I'm no architect, but how much would it cost to build a few staircases from the back of the kop to Shoreham St?

Shoes off int' underground multi story?

There’s no way those plots get planning permission now they’re not in the clubs hands, the fist set of plans had the club shop underneath, so part of the united footprint, no developer is going to buy the land knowing that the club and quite a lot of fans/residents would object due to the future development of the ground, best thing mcabe could do would be to sell the plots to us.

Unless we manage to stay in the premier league for a few seasons we wont see anything regards ground development under the prince.

We need financial stability rather not do ground upgrades than risk the club. But it's way down the list.

We have to hope these developments don't happen or don't really effect us.

Worst come to worst cant we just commission McCabe to go and build us the new kop development so it can all happen?

Unless we manage to stay in the premier league for a few seasons we wont see anything regards ground development under the prince.

We need financial stability rather not do ground upgrades than risk the club. But it's way down the list.

We have to hope these developments don't happen or don't really effect us.

Worst come to worst cant we just commission McCabe to go and build us the new kop development so it can all happen?
We've really got a lot to look forward to haven't we.
We can't have good players because they put the club at risk
We can't have stadium redevelopment because that puts the club at risk
We can't have category A standard academy because that puts the club at risk
We can't have world class scouting systems because that puts the club at risk

The only thing putting the club at risk is doing the same things they have done for a 100 years before the football supporter became a more discerning customer.

The club is dying, it's not immediately obvious because the stadium is relatively full being in the Premier League. But every Premier League club could increase their stadium capacity and there would be new fans to fill it, they would be found from somewhere, and yes, I include Bournemouth and Luton in that too.

I very much doubt Sheffield United could add 10,000 seats and sell them. Go back to the 60's and 70's and the club could have sold out no matter what size the stadium was if there was massive importance in that particular game. This is because as well as those fans that attended regularly there was an enormous underbelly of fans across the city and the area that called themselves Sheffield United fans.

The club has thoroughly pissed off so many of it's fans of yesteryear that multiple generations of Sheffield people who would normally be United fans were never introduced to the club, and as such the massive underbelly of support no longer exists. It gets lower with each generation. We are technically down to our last 30,000 or so souls. In other words dying.

Last edited:
Ring ring ring ring

Hello

Is that Mr Financial advisor?

It is I.

I want a mortgage

How much is the house you want?

A million quid.

And what deposit do you have?

Nowt

Do you have a property to sell?

No, l live wi mi Nan

Oh, you’re working though

Yes TK Maxx

And how much do you earn

I’m on a zero hours contract at minimum wage. Always get 8 hours a week though.

Question :

Does the advisor tell him :

You can’t afford it because you don’t have sufficient income as things stand, so you really need to reevaluate your financial position and cut your cloth accordingly. That’s my professional advice.

Or

Well you’ve no deposit, no money to repay any mortgage your immediate circumstances need to change so really you need to sort yourself out. The thing you’ve got going for you though, is ambition. So my advice is to spend it anyway. Let someone else, probably an insolvency practitioner, worry about it. Now let me start looking for that loan for you. Bye.

Ring ring

Hello

It’s Mr Financial advisor

Have you got me a mortgage?

(Laughing) no, l like to spout bollocks in a hypocritical and unprofessional sort of way. You Sheffield waster.

The only thing putting the club at risk is doing the same things they have done for a 100 years before the football supporter became a more discerning customer.

The club is dying, it's not immediately obvious because the stadium is relatively full being in the Premier League. But every Premier League club could increase their stadium capacity and there would be new fans to fill it, they would be found from somewhere, and yes, I include Bournemouth and Luton in that too.

I very much doubt Sheffield United could add 10,000 seats and sell them. Go back to the 60's and 70's and the club could have sold out no matter what size the stadium was if there was massive importance in that particular game. This is because as well as those fans that attended regularly there was an enormous underbelly of fans across the city and the area that called themselves Sheffield United fans.

The club has thoroughly pissed off so many of it's fans of yesteryear that multiple generations of Sheffield people who would normally be United fans were never introduced to the club, and as such the massive underbelly of support no longer exists. It gets lower with each generation. We are technically down to our last 30,000 or so souls. In other words dying.
If you look at the 60 Years Ago thread, you will see that average crowds were much lower then, when the ground capacity was 57000. And that season (1963-64) we were top of the top division for several weeks in the late autumn. Big Cup games attracted big crowds ( the Cup has now lost a lot of its appeal), matches v Wednesday had big crowds (Wednesday have lost a lot of their appeal😂), and the occasional match v Spurs or Man Utd drew big crowds. It costs a lot more to go to matches now, but I think we have stronger support now than we had then. Season tickets are an important factor.

Really?
I’m 34 and I’ve never seen us as well supported, on match day and around the city.

When I started going to matches mid to late 90’s we were scraping 17,000 in successful seasons with good footballing sides.

The club is dying, it's not immediately obvious because the stadium is relatively full being in the Premier League..

Whoa back there… in the last 20 years we have had more people regularly through the turnstiles than at any other point in my Blades life, I started going In 1982.

SInce the 2002 - 03. Tripple, assault season we have regularly averaged 20k + even in the League one days, at the start of that Tripple assault season the home crowd for the first game of the season against Portsmouth was just over 13k .. in the last twenty years we appear to me to have gained an extra 10 - 15 k plus fans, the totally opposite of us being down too our last 30k

The crowds we have averaged between 2003 and 2024 are dwarfing many of those we got during Dave Basset’s glory years of 4 years of consecutive top flight football, and most of that time in tiers 2 and 3, hardly Premier League glory hunters.

The fan base shows every evidence it is expanding not declining

Whoa back there… in the last 20 years we have had more people regularly through the turnstiles than at any other point in my Blades life, I started going In 1982.

SInce the 2002 - 03. Tripple, assault season we have regularly averaged 20k + even in the League one days, at the start of that Tripple assault season the home crowd for the first game of the season against Portsmouth was just over 13k .. in the last twenty years we appear to me to have gained an extra 10 - 15 k plus fans, the totally opposite of us being down too our last 30k

The crowds we have averaged between 2003 and 2024 are dwarfing many of those we got during Dave Basset’s glory years of 4 years of consecutive top flight football, and most of that time in tiers 2 and 3, hardly Premier League glory hunters.

As daft as it sounds, because we've been in the PL and them lot over at S6 have fluttered with bottom CH and League One, we have took a lot of fans that would have been Wednesday fans, simply because PL.

Average attendances are higher.
But if someone overnight redeveloped Bramall Lane and increased it's capacity to 49,000 as it was up to the Hillsborough disaster we wouldn't fill it even if the tickets were free.

We could back then, not as an average over a season, but for a one off game we could drag in those sort of attendances and bigger, suggesting that the overall fanbase was there even if they didn't always go to games.

Now we can't get that many because those fans looking on from the outside don't exist. And if they do, where were they at Wembley ? Even Luton sold 40,000

You could use the same statistics by saying Liverpool's attendances over much of the last 10 years prior to stadium redevelopment are not as high as they were in the 1970's and 80's, so therefore they are shrinking as a club.

Average attendances are higher.
But if someone overnight redeveloped Bramall Lane and increased it's capacity to 49,000 as it was up to the Hillsborough disaster we wouldn't fill it even if the tickets were free.

We could back then, not as an average over a season, but for a one off game we could drag in those sort of attendances and bigger, suggesting that the overall fanbase was there even if they didn't always go to games.

Now we can't get that many because those fans looking on from the outside don't exist

You could use the same statistics by saying Liverpool's attendances over much of the last 10 years prior to stadium redevelopment are not as high as they were in the 1970's and 80's, so therefore they are shrinking as a club.

We could not get 49k in the 1980s no chance, not even for a Sheffield derby.. first game back in the top flight in 1990. vs Liverpool? 22k..

And Man U and Livperool did not sell out their grounds very often in the 1980s… also Wednesday on the top flight in the 1980s struggled to get 20k

these plans were originally done out of pettiness and spite. Can’t see anyone bothering with these awkward plots.

Though with permission for housing it boosts the value, and maybe forces HRH's hand.

Back
Top Bottom