Spurs Fan In Peace.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I dont think anyone is taking you lightly but over two legs we still expect to win. As i said before, i would be more worried if it was a one off game!

I am old enough to have seen us lose some shockers so i for one am not counting my chickens just yet!

I am still glad you "expect" to win because that is what gives us our chance.

I see it like this - we will play just like we did at QPR on Sunday - defend in numbers and slightly deep - 5 in midfield and 1 up front. We will break with pace and will probably get 2 or 3 chances all game.

As both teams know there is in effect 4 halves to this game, Spurs won't be too bothered about going for it early, but if we get to the end of the first half at 0-0 which for a lower league team playing at the bigger team is perfectly do-able. The 2nd half is then vital to Spurs to take a lead to BDTBL but I reckon you as a team could panic with the thought of not actually taking any sort of lead to our place. QPR did that on Sunday and started lumping balls all over the place.

If Spurs then think Utd would come more at Spurs in the 2nd leg ,then that is wrong - be prepared for exactly more of the same.

We have a great chance over 2 legs, but the first game is so vital for Spurs and to be fair ,you have that much talent could indeed kill the tie off.

It is certainly going to be interesting - you won't have played anyone like us, which is why Premier league and Championship teams struggle against us in the cups.

All the best.

UTB

Growing up and living where I do I have a lot of friends who are Spurs fans and they have always been a real mystery to me. They have always tried to convince me that they would far rather lose every game and play fantastic football winning nothing than grind out boring 1-0 wins each week and win trophies. They always cry poverty and that all the other teams around them spend far more money though I think in reality each transfer window they tend to be amonst the biggest spenders in the league. I really enjoyed going into school the morning after we won 6-0 back in 93.

Same here. I always got grief when United lost to Arsenal or Spurs at school. The morning after the 6-0 all I got was "We're focused on the weekend" as they had a Cup semi. So did we, of course.

Same here. I always got grief when United lost to Arsenal or Spurs at school. The morning after the 6-0 all I got was "We're focused on the weekend" as they had a Cup semi. So did we, of course.

On a point of pedantry, it was the quarter final. We beat Spurs on 2/3/93 and the QF at Blackburn was on 6/3/93.

You lil minx.

On another interesting point of pedantry, we played Arsenal in the same division in the league 14 times between Sept 73 and Dec 06 and failed to win any of them, yet won two games against them in the cup when we were in a lower division in the same period.

..... and that's because we are are a bunch of Fucking Cup Tarts ;)

you could be correct,but it HAS to be done. I am 58, had absolutely ZERO cup experience up until the SF with the S6 mob from when I started in '67 and I am thankful, that we as a club, have had some memorable cup games, and on a regular basis ever since.

The Villa game last season was on a different planet and I make no secret of that fact we are off to Spurs and to Preston - Villa made that much of an impression.

I might also add that our first away game this season was Burton in the pre-season - if you had seen what we saw that day, you probably wouldn't want to go to any others..................but hey we were over it by the coming of the next game - it is called "born a blade, live a blade, die a blade"

Yours faithfully

Cup Tarts rule ok.

UTB

Spurs played in the quarter final at Man City on the following Sunday and won 4-1.

As both teams know there is in effect 4 halves to this game, Spurs won't be too bothered about going for it early, but if we get to the end of the first half at 0-0 which for a lower league team playing at the bigger team is perfectly do-able. The 2nd half is then vital to Spurs to take a lead to BDTBL but I reckon you as a team could panic with the thought of not actually taking any sort of lead to our place. QPR did that on Sunday and started lumping balls all over the place.

If Spurs then think Utd would come more at Spurs in the 2nd leg ,then that is wrong - be prepared for exactly more of the same.

That's pretty much how I see it too. We will defend like buggery for 135 minutes, looking to counter. We'll not worry much about going for it until the fourth quarter, as it were. And as long as we get through the first 45 minutes without conceding - which as you say, is do-able due to the fact that they won't be in a hurry either, knowing it's 2 legs - I reckon we have a chance. Get to half time level and we'll be in great shape to come away from WHL level or with a single goal deficit - if that's the state of play after 90 mins, I fancy us at the Lane.

COYRAWW!

It is certainly going to be interesting - you won't have played anyone like us, which is why Premier league and Championship teams struggle against us in the cups

UTB

I think they may well have played a few clubs that play like us in the Europa League so I dont really expect that to be an advantage for us and us beating QPR on Sunday will make sure they dont take us lightly
It will be interesting to see what kind of a team they put out as they have an FA Cup replay to contend with
Will they go for a weakened team in the home leg knowing that if it doesnt work out they will be able to put a very strong team out in the 2nd leg

I hope for a parked bus of 10 for the away tie, hopefully for a 0-0 or a 1-0, then back at the lane try and snatch something, As Arsenal are my second team I would love to see us win this, but can't see it myself.

I hope for a parked bus of 10 for the away tie, hopefully for a 0-0 or a 1-0, then back at the lane try and snatch something, As Arsenal are my second team I would love to see us win this, but can't see it myself.

I have just had to wash my eyes out with Domestos after reading that,

Spurs 2500 at Burnley on Mon, West Ham 500 at Everton yest.

Sorry if posted elsewhere. What is parking like at or near tube stations for a getaway up A1 or M11 please anyone?

Sorry if posted elsewhere. What is parking like at or near tube stations for a getaway up A1 or M11 please anyone?

Turkey Street overgound is only a stones throw from Junction 25 of the M25. The M11 is junction 27. You can usually park outside the station.
Trains from Turkey St to WHL run every 30 mins -usually (not always) at 15 & 45 mins past the hour & the returm from WHL are at 36 & 06 mins.

Arsenal " second team" they are the pits love to see them struggle.

My second team is Our U21s

If you want a Tube station i suggest Newbury Park on the central line. Six stops to Stratford & then overground to Northumberland Park at 17 & 47 mins past the hour. Post game though is just 21.53 & 22.53. So it would be NP to Liverpool St on the overground & then central line back out to Newbury Park,

Arsenal " second team" they are the pits love to see them struggle.

My second team is Our U21s

Seeing as I lived in Islington for a while, one tends to like the Arsenal, I probably shouldn't have used the term 'second team' but they are a team I like to see do well.

Will they go for a weakened team in the home leg knowing that if it doesnt work out they will be able to put a very strong team out in the 2nd leg
What if they put out a weakened team in the first leg and come a cropper like QPR (and a long line of others from the last 12 months)? Just imagine having a lead to defend at the Lane with Murphy, JCR, Reedy and McNulty ready to counter at every opportunity.

I think they need to avoid having to attack too much at the Lane - sorry maybe for our friendly visitors I should be saying BDTBL - so should really be looking to make the tie safe from the first leg. If they want to show up and play us off the park from the off then they can, but somehow I don't think they will.

Blades fan in peace. :D

I'll be getting my usual ticket in the SS for the second leg but I've got a Spurs-supporting mate (lives in Sheffield, not a nutter) who'd like to go. He's no chance of sitting next to or near me, but when I get my ticket, would there be any problems getting one for him in, say the Westfield Corner (will it be open or shut for segregation?)

Blades fan in peace. :D

I'll be getting my usual ticket in the SS for the second leg but I've got a Spurs-supporting mate (lives in Sheffield, not a nutter) who'd like to go. He's no chance of sitting next to or near me, but when I get my ticket, would there be any problems getting one for him in, say the Westfield Corner (will it be open or shut for segregation?)

Tell him to buy a seat in SSB4, he will be in good company ;)

You should be easy to spot then..... ;)

We needed a bigger allocation really. I have ended up sitting with home support in Italy, Germany & all sorts of places. Luckily i have never come unstuck but i wouldn't do it at WHU or Millwall.

We needed a bigger allocation really. have ended up sitting with home support in Italy, Germany & all sorts of places. Luckily i have never come unstuck but i wouldn't do it at WHU or Millwall.

I think you will be OK. Bramall Lane is not as unfriendly as it used to be for away fans and from your post it appears as though your seat is towards the Kop end of the SS and not the away end. If it was then you may well have encountered individuals who may be less tolerant.................anyway...........enjoy the trip .....but not the result.

Back
Top Bottom