Souza off!?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

no need to worry about souza no way will he be here next season didnt rate him when everybody on here were raving about him a couple of months ago give me ollie arblaster any day over this journeyman get rid
Who's going to buy him from us? He'll either come good in the Championship and show his true level, or we'll be stuck with him as no one else will buy him based on this seasons performances.

He'll be yet another expensive waste of money that we've squandered.

Hecky said he spent more time talking to Souza last summer than his wife. That tells me all I need to know about Hecky's eye for a player. As much as he was shafted over Ndiaye and Berge, Souza was in his plans to bolster those two and not a panic buy replacement.

Who's going to buy him from us? He'll either come good in the Championship and show his true level, or we'll be stuck with him as no one else will buy him based on this seasons performances.

Hecky said he spent more time talking to Souza last summer than his wife. That tells me all I need to know about Hecky's eye for a player. As much as he was shafted over Ndiaye and Berge, Souza was in his plans to bolster those two and not a panic buy replacement.

Or it could just be that Souza is a very good negotiator?

Can well see we start off with good intentions and then he ends up going on loan somewhere in the last week of the window.

YHIHF!

I think we have to either take a loss on him or deal with him. He isn’t worth the reported £10m and now he’s been seen that he’s a good few levels away from the Premier League.

I think the championship will be too high paced for him. Hes a big lad makes tackles and headers but he is at fault for so many of our goals. In the championship we wouldn’t be punished as regular for sure.

It’s a decision to make about how much of a loss are we willing to take

Won't lose any sleep over whether he goes or not tbh

No we could not
his fee to wolves involved a player going the other way, his wages were higher and he was not prepared to be tied to a relegation clause, other than that you are nearly right

Whoops - not sure why I wrote less money. What I meant to say is we should have targeted Doyle instead of Souza. The money spent on Souza (12m) should have been used to on Doyle (12-15m) and the wages would have been similar in the EPL. I doubt that Souza has a relegation clause in his contract.

Whoops - not sure why I wrote less money. What I meant to say is we should have targeted Doyle instead of Souza. The money spent on Souza (12m) should have been used to on Doyle (12-15m) and the wages would have been similar in the EPL. I doubt that Souza has a relegation clause in his contract.
Apparently Doyles fee wasn't going to be massive to us either (regardless of the Wolves swap type deal). His wages will have been high but although he wouldnt sign a relegation clause, Souza won't play in tbe Championship anyway, so I don't see the difference.

can see him ending up back in spain he wont be playing for us in the championship and personally dont want him to as i said in my last post get rid

Hecky also wanted to keep Stevens and Sharp along with Fleck. Wouldn't surprise me if he wanted Ciaran Clark aswell! 🚑

He's a midfield colossus. A mature, responsible player with the intelligence and athleticism to play for a far better team than the one he's unreservedly found himself in here. Probably the heir to Fabinho. More Liverpool than Everton I'd say so if they want him they'll need to hurry up

He's a midfield colossus. A mature, responsible player with the intelligence and athleticism to play for a far better team than the one he's unreservedly found himself in here. Probably the heir to Fabinho. More Liverpool than Everton I'd say so if they want him they'll need to hurry up
Selfless in his pursuit to bring players around him up to his Brazilian national squad level.
Sometimes, I hear that he also requests to be dropped to give others a chance to play at his level

Think we should drop him and wrap him in cotton wool, these Brazilians are a rarety in today's market

Apparently Doyles fee wasn't going to be massive to us either (regardless of the Wolves swap type deal). His wages will have been high but although he wouldnt sign a relegation clause, Souza won't play in tbe Championship anyway, so I don't see the difference.
If they have a relegation clause their wages are significantly reduced, whether you sell them or not. If you can’t sell them, you’re stuck with the wages.

The going price is £1mil, that's how much we're willing to pay clubs to take him.

Back
Top Bottom