Souza off!?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Why does he have to go? He made a slightly off comment. He needs to be told be careful what he says to the press and to get back to work. Why always an over reaction? It's probably not translated well either.

Also, he's one of the better defensive midfielders in the prem. Why do such a large portion of our fan base never recognise the value of defensive midfielders? See Monty.
I agree, but if the fans on this thread are anything to go by, he’s upset the fan base with perhaps clumsy and misplaced comments. But generally, comments aren’t made unless a player is putting themself in the shop window

I’ve no issue with players wanting to stay in the premier league. If they believe they have the ability and no real affinity to the club, then let them gollow their path…

Like Ndiaye, like others in the past, they don’t always appreciate that they need to cut their teeth and develop before getting their big move.

I like Souza, I think he’s struggled because of the players around him, perhaps like Berge did as well. I think he will develop in the next couple of years and perhaps Newcastle or Wolves would be a decent move for him if they came in

I don’t think he’s been consistent enough to earn a decent move and I agree with his comments.

I don’t really see anyone paying his value plus profit. I presume we signed him on the basis of making money on him. £15m-£17m will probably be our valuation to sell.

For me he can go, the only issue is we won’t see that money in the squad.

What's he said?

Edit : ignore me, found the article.

Watching Coventry and Leicester in cup got to agree he ain’t that good but I would keep him

Players who can't move do not play central midfield in the PL, well with the exception of Souza and Norwood and that's why we are bottom conceding 5s and 6s nearly every week.

He might steel a living in a more sedate league like Spain but not in the PL

If we can get our money back, then he should be gone.

There's no room at the Lane for players that don't want to play for us.
Wait until you find out what we paid for him.

Absolutely no way he's worth half of it!

I thought it was 10m, better not have been more else he's up there challenging Brewster and McBurnie in the value stakes !
It was originally quoted as that but a club source said it was more like half

Intial fee somewhere in the region of €6m, total including add-ons around double that. There will be a sell-on clause as well.

If we get a ridiculous offer then he can go for me. We will have to re-shape for the Championship anyway.

£25m would be tops, he might even go for £20m.
OK, he's been pants lately. Dropping my asking price to £2.5m 🤣

I don’t really see anyone paying his value plus profit. I presume we signed him on the basis of making money on him. £15m-£17m will probably be our valuation to sell.

For me he can go, the only issue is we won’t see that money in the squad.
Profit? The man has been a total failure bar Luton away where he was good enough for the Brazil squad that day!

Also, he's one of the better defensive midfielders in the prem. Why do such a large portion of our fan base never recognise the value of defensive midfielders? See Monty.
He has some favourable stats. But the better defensive midfielders don't endlessly switch off, or give the ball alway regularly.

Profit? The man has been a total failure bar Luton away where he was good enough for the Brazil squad that day!
Yep, as I said I don't see it & that's probably the reason like what happened with Berge we'll see him in the championship next season. The annoying thing is this media moaning will continue & I cant imagine its ideal behind the scenes.

I reckon he falls into the Ampadu criteria currently. Clearly not a bad player but sometimes players can be put into a really bad situation and look poor.

Next year he will look a lot better if we have the ball more and play on the front foot.
I get the impression that he won't want to stay with us and he's most likely got a relegation clause written into his contract.

I reckon he falls into the Ampadu criteria currently. Clearly not a bad player but sometimes players can be put into a really bad situation and look poor.

Next year he will look a lot better if we have the ball more and play on the front foot.
yeah spot on ampadu is a very good championship player but a very average premier league player

Another like the majority of players, in a very privileged position and so full of there own importance that they develop delusions of grandeur, his best bet is to knuckle down and try to show what he can do, because IMHO he's shown nothing other than being out of his depth and having the turning speed of a tanker, he can go for me

I do genuinely believe that there in a player in Souza somewhere, but he frustrates the fuck out of me more and more each week. I also understand his comments re: our lack or quality and inability to pass to ball around properly and keep possession. I do feel however that his comments would have more validity if the was stand out and looking to get the ball down and play a bit.

I can see why he came to blows with Robbo as well because he's a lazy git at times. He tracks forward and leaves a massive void in behind him, he also fails to pick up players and allows the a free run into the box. I often wonder if he expects others to do the dirty work and he expects to be able to play how he wishes..... either thag or his head is turned like many before him and he doesn't give a flying one any more.

When he's been on it he has shown signs, however his recent form has led me to begin to dislike his a little.... You simply can not defend recent performances.

Hes a back up player at every other prem club than the bottom 5 teams, newly promoted teams may take a punt on him but it'll be more likely we loan him out for the season to save the wages as I can't see anybody paying money for any of our players, with possibly the exception of Hamer, who's done ok playing in a bad team.

I think a season in the championship would do him well, but he clearly thinks his international chances are being harmed with us now, which is crackers considering he's a Brazilian...

I wouldn't worry about drawing Brazil in a quarter final ever again if he's the standard In thier midfield..

Back
Top Bottom