Sorry Sander but I don’t mind if you leave

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Sheff de party

Reaction score
I’m just fed up of watching Berge I’m afraid. Yes he’s a very talented lad and no, it’s not all his fault.

But I’m sick to death of watching the most talented player we own drift through games playing sideways passes. He is capable of such incredible quality but he just will not, or cannot, do it regularly.

It may sound harsh but when you’re one of our top earners and best players, the standards have to be higher. He just doesn’t look interested. Please just cash in on a bad experiment in the summer, I’m fed up of watching him take for granted a skill set that the fans, and many of his teammates, would kill for.

And don’t give me any of this hogwash about needing to “play with better players”. Look at the difference in enthusiasm and trying to make things happen between him and Gibbs-White.

Berge is dreaming if he thinks he will play for a top team in this country. He cannot head or tackle either.

Last edited:

Hold on, when I say hes played shit, I'm usually ganged up on and told how wrong I am!
He was wank today, but he wasnt the only one

I’m just fed up of watching Berge I’m afraid. Yes he’s a very talented lad and no, it’s not all his fault.

But I’m sick to death of watching the most talented player we own drift through games playing sideways passes. He is capable of such incredible quality but he just will not, or cannot, do it regularly.

It may sound harsh but when you’re one of our top earners and best players, the standards have to be higher. He just doesn’t look interested. Please just cash in on a bad experiment in the summer, I’m fed up of watching him take for granted a skill set that the fans, and many of his teammates, would kill for.

And don’t give me any of this hogwash about needing to “play with better players”. Look at the difference in enthusiasm and trying to make things happen between him and Gibbs-White.

Berge is dreaming if he thinks he will play for a top team in this country.
He'd be better off playing abroad, hopefully we can get some decent money for him and not lose too much.
He's been a poor signing.

Berge is dreaming if he thinks he will play for a top team in this country.
Put about 1% effort in defensively. Baldock was woeful but he gave him zero cover. He's really slow on and off the ball as well. Both athletically and speed of thought. There's a talented player in there but not one likely to put the effort in unless he's playing for Man City.

Remember when he was out for ages with a serious injury? Funny how he’s not come back from that and immediately become Ronaldo isn’t it.
That was ages ago. Why are we still making excuses for him? He’s meant to be a Prem standard player playing in the league below.

He has the ability to be taking games by the scruff of the neck.

He keeps the ball terrifically well and tends to make the right pass at the right time. Often simple , sideways or behind. I suspect this is where fans frustrations start.

That said, I do wish some of our fans would understand the importance of ball retention.

UTB

That was ages ago. Why are we still making excuses for him? He’s meant to be a Prem standard player playing in the league below.

It wasn’t ages ago and he’s played pretty much every game since, for Norway too.

We’re not a one player team, and need to stop looking at players like Berge and MGW to single handed win us games. We need more from our other players and they’re simply not up to a consistent standard.

He has the ability to be taking games by the scruff of the neck.

He keeps the ball terrifically well and tends to make the right pass at the right time. Often simple , sideways or behind. I suspect this is where fans frustrations start.

That said, I do wish some of our fans would understand the importance of ball retention.

UTB
Not sure where you get the statement 'He has the ability to be taking games by the scruff of the neck'.

WE have seen glimpses of quality but in not one match has he done this. WE all keep hoping he will but he doesn't.

Today the whole midfield was anonymous, Stoke were terrible and yet in the 2nd half were the better team.

If we get anywhere near 20 mill for him and buy 3 midfielders for 7 mill each that would be best thing we can hope for next year- but if scouts are watching him they'll be saying

Holds the ball well
Goes missing for large parts
Takes easy options
Doesn't drive forward enough
Can't head to save his life
Doesn't grab games by the scruff

Exactly like the poster- I've wanted and wanted to see him come good but naghh he's not earned his money or anywhere near..

Hes got.one of those "languid playing styles' that may work in a higher standard but just isnt suited to the Championship.

We f'd up big time asking Arsenal too much for him. We would have got more than we paid for him if we had been realistic. Now we will be lucky to get much more than 10m. The other scenario is he will just run his contract down which will be even worse

Not sure where you get the statement 'He has the ability to be taking games by the scruff of the neck'.

WE have seen glimpses of quality but in not one match has he done this. WE all keep hoping he will but he doesn't.

Today the whole midfield was anonymous, Stoke were terrible and yet in the 2nd half were the better team.

If we get anywhere near 20 mill for him and buy 3 midfielders for 7 mill each that would be best thing we can hope for next year- but if scouts are watching him they'll be saying

Holds the ball well
Goes missing for large parts
Takes easy options
Doesn't drive forward enough
Can't head to save his life
Doesn't grab games by the scruff

Exactly like the poster- I've wanted and wanted to see him come good but naghh he's not earned his money or anywhere near..
Might have something to do with the position on the pitch we play him in vs where he has been impactful for both Genk and his country.

He’s not a RCM. Why on earth successive managers shoe horn him in there when he should, quite rightly, have disposed the hugely overrated Norwood is beyond me.

I do take on board the specific points you make and by en large, don’t disagree. He should be more effective for us.

UTB

I was fuming at the end of the match, when you are there and see him not chase back and support the team, do easy back pass after back pass, again and again, not once did he turn and run like he can. When he is like today he is a waste of a shirt.

Might have something to do with the position on the pitch we play him in vs where he has been impactful for both Genk and his country.

He’s not a RCM. Why on earth successive managers shoe horn him in there when he should, quite rightly, have disposed the hugely overrated Norwood is beyond me.

I do take on board the specific points you make and by en large, don’t disagree. He should be more effective for us.

UTB
As he's proved many times in centre mid, he's a f***ing liability there ... easy one, get shut he is wank

He receives the ball in a decent position and then plays it to an Inferior player ( ie defender ) sometimes in a worse position than him.
Very rarely does he move into space to receive the ball or play decent forward passes, but when he does they are in the right direction at the right pace, proving that he has the ability but unfortunately not the commitment.
He should be one of the best midfielders in this division but does not have the drive or commitment to succeed.
He is so annoying as he has the ability but ???

Imagine thinking Sander was the biggest problem. Fuck me theres some idiots on here.
Nobody is suggesting he's the worst player he's far from that. He's good at holding onto the ball, his weight of pass is great, when he glides past players it's a joy. But it's the Championship week in week out he should be smashing it but just doesn't - regardless of the position he plays we want to see more.

The midfield today was awful, if I was him I'd be embarrassed by that performance, 2 yard passes, easy option back passes, he should man up demand the ball, drive forward, pick up the tempo, grab the games and push the team, we feel he's got it let's see it?

Imagine thinking Sander was the biggest problem. Fuck me theres some idiots on here.
He’s not at all, but there’s no point in him being here. Harming his career profession & we can’t afford him so I also don’t mind if he leaves

Exactly
It's a Sheffield thing not to want, need, see or recognise quality

Coming here has stalled his progress by at least three years,

He obviously didn't know like most British players of quality know not to come here and that the club would play you in a role you can't play and hammer every ounce of quality out of you

I'm expecting McBurnie to smash 20 goals in for his next club as well, then talk about his Sheffield United nightmare and the prehistoric method of playing we have

Exactly
It's a Sheffield thing not to want, need, see or recognise quality

Coming here has stalled his progress by at least three years,

He obviously didn't know like most British players of quality know not to come here and that the club would play you in a role you can't play and hammer every ounce of quality out of you

I'm expecting McBurnie to smash 20 goals in for his next club as well, then talk about his Sheffield United nightmare and the prehistoric method of playing we have
Maybe hes stalling our progress ? We were doing very nicely before he came.
Mistakes and loss of form can be understood , hiding and not caring is shit.

I was fuming at the end of the match, when you are there and see him not chase back and support the team, do easy back pass after back pass, again and again, not once did he turn and run like he can. When he is like today he is a waste of a shirt.

Now I wasn't there today, but remind me who we had in forward positions that he could make key passes to? It's all very well saying easy back pass, but that is better than just lumping a hopeful ball forward in the hope that our 847th choice striker gets on the end of it

Gibbs-White is a quality player and looks like a quality player. In practically every game he plays he's our best player, it stands out a mile. He's definitely our most creative one.

Berge has had some good games in the last couple of months and we don't really need another thread where there are those of us who think he doesn't show nearly enough are met on the other side by those who think he's a genius.

He had been playing better but I haven't changed my opinion. My other team is in the lower reaches of the Spanish League. If by some quirk of fate he signed for them - not that they'd be daft enough to pay what we'd want - I would be distinctly nonplussed. Unless he sharpened up considerably he'd be left standing there just as he is here - and the crowd wouldn't be anything like as kind about it either.

Maybe hes stalling our progress ? We were doing very nicely before he came.
Mistakes and loss of form can be understood , hiding and not caring is shit.

Maybe,
But it's funny how every player that is not a shouty, screamy type doesn't fit in here

He is a player who has his qualities going forward, he's never been a defender, he's never been a shouter or screamer, he isnt a leader.

He needs others to do that, and if nobody does it he's not going to play well.

If only he could have been part of a midfield with McCall and Brown

Maybe,
But it's funny how every player that is not a shouty, screamy type doesn't fit in here

He is a player who has his qualities going forward, he's never been a defender, he's never been a shouter or screamer, he isnt a leader.

He needs others to do that, and if nobody does it he's not going to play well.

If only he could have been part of a midfield with McCall and Brown
What a load of rubbish ,'shouty ,screamy' really ,is that best latest excuse to come out with for him.
Wow this guy gets away with absolute murder ,any other player puts the non effort in today that he showed they would get leathered for it ,but not our Sandra. For some reason some people defend him over the club and everyone else. That might be the problem ,instead of mollycoddling him , he needs to fucking man up a bit.

Back
Top Bottom