Somebody mentioned a "Guevara" Wilder...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Speaking of giant flags (and this would be a great one), what happened to the ones that came out for quite a few home games season before last, just before kick off?

Did they burst into flames one day?

Is it going to be on a pole and waved ala Anfield?

Or as a banner propped up by two poles. Decisions, decisions...

I'd suggest that something like that would be better off relatively large, so a flag might not be suitable.

Or as a banner propped up by two poles. Decisions, decisions...

I'd suggest that something like that would be better off relatively large, so a flag might not be suitable.

'Propped up by two Poles....'

Who's going to do it after Brexit?

I'd just love it if we can produce this flag quicker than our neighbors can produce their first team shirt.

can someone please make this into a flag;

tinchyndubz.jpg

I would gladly donate a few quid to any crowdfunding page to get this at the Lane haha

I don't want to stick my nose in since I can do sweet FA to contribute but I still think thos image is a better one to use.View attachment 32154

The best image to use would be one like that where he's facing the camera.

Ideally one where he's also celebrating/punching the badge - there should be enough of those to choose from!

As TomJonesBlade said, we can have a few different designs and then bring it to a poll.

I'd be happy to chip in for it. A lot of us would be. There'll be no problem from that point of view.

I think that Guevara style dark red background is a great idea.

The best image to use would be one like that where he's facing the camera.

Ideally one where he's also celebrating/punching the badge - there should be enough of those to choose from!

As TomJonesBlade said, we can have a few different designs and then bring it to a poll.

I'd be happy to chip in for it. A lot of us would be. There'll be no problem from that point of view.

I think that Guevara style dark red background is a great idea.
20171011_202608.jpg 20171011_202309.jpg I put these on a different thread.

Now I don’t want to put a dampener on this but we seem to be veering off OP topic a bit. Also the photos of Lord W. are excellent but probably more inline for wall displays or window graphics. Photographers are generally a very protective bunch and if specific permission hasn’t been requested for publication they can get a bit shirty. Remember it’s their living.
Ekke and B14Nko I’m guessing probably have a design background and their original designs are great, I really like the comic layout idea.
Che Guevara image is copyright free I think, but don’t quote me on it, but if you corrupt an image enough or hand draw bits you can generally get away with it.
The badge on his beret is just a splodge really.
Sorry for harping on a bit but don’t want to see anyone fall foul of Copyright etc.

Now I don’t want to put a dampener on this but we seem to be veering off OP topic a bit. Also the photos of Lord W. are excellent but probably more inline for wall displays or window graphics. Photographers are generally a very protective bunch and if specific permission hasn’t been requested for publication they can get a bit shirty. Remember it’s their living.
Ekke and B14Nko I’m guessing probably have a design background and their original designs are great, I really like the comic layout idea.
Che Guevara image is copyright free I think, but don’t quote me on it, but if you corrupt an image enough or hand draw bits you can generally get away with it.
Sorry for harping on a bit but don’t want to see anyone fall foul of Copyright etc.

Are we sure the Guevara image doesn’t look massively cringe?

Emailed John Garrett to try and find out what the safety requirements are for banner/flag materials.

He's out of office but when I get a reply and identify a reliable manufacturer, I'll start a crowdfunding initiative and we'll get it going.

I'll likely be seeing him this weekend, so will check its not changed since I was last made aware.

I'll likely be seeing him this weekend, so will check its not changed since I was last made aware.

Much appreciated, Foxy. Send us a message on here if he doesn't get back to me first. Wasn't entirely sure if he was the right person to email in the first place if it's a H&S matter.

My initial email, for anyone interested...

Good morning John,

as we enter this exciting period in our history there is significant interest amongst fans in getting a flag, or a number of flags, manufactured for display on matchdays on the Kop. Many believe this would be a fitting tribute to this special group of players and coaching staff.

I'm happy to take it upon myself to begin the process of getting something made, but I believe there are certain safety requirements to be met when it comes to banners and flags being displayed at Bramall Lane. If a process were to set into motion, it'd be my wish to keep a line of communication open with the club to make sure nothing is being paid for or made which can't be displayed for whatever reason.

Would it be possible to advise me on which materials are acceptable for them to be made from, or to direct me to somebody within the club who could outline the safety standards that need to be met?

Also, should anybody at the club know of any UK manufacturers which are known to have been used in the past for this, I'd be grateful to be pointed in their direction.

Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Tom

Are we sure the Guevara image doesn’t look massively cringe?
You could be right,
I just went with the OP’s idea. It seemed that a Wilder/Guevara mix was appropriate as he’s turned the club completely around full circle i.e. revolution.
Drawing daft stuff like this just breaks up the day. It made me smile.
UTB

You could be right,
I just went with the OP’s idea. It seemed that a Wilder/Guevara mix was appropriate as he’s turned the club completely around full circle i.e. revolution.
Drawing daft stuff like this just breaks up the day. It made me smile.
UTB

Fair enough Igor. Keep the ideas coming anyway.

Good point.

I do some design stuff for t-shirts in my free time, fell foul of some stuff like this even on original drawings if they were about a thing that has a copyright, example, drew a Game of Thrones thing, actual drawing of just an actor, not in his GoT costume or anything, I didn't even use an image from GoT as reference, but I put it up on Redbubble and HBO were up my trumpet in less than an hour.

Maybe if we find a design that we like, we can find the original source of the image and factor the cost of the licence in if it's not ridiculous.

Ideally though, one of us will be a freelance photographer and donate their image to the cause.

Back
Top Bottom