Some big noises coming out of the lane

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Sounds like your laying down the gauntlet to Andy67 as the king of "in the know".
You're predicting good news with incomings, where as Andy is still confident in his prediction of bad news regards outgoings.

Your also using the same techniques of drip feeding cryptic bits of info, obviously enjoying the attention ha ha.

It’s not cryptic I’m just relaying what I’ve heard

Plenty going on down at the lane just wait and see 🔜✅

Thanks Keith

You’re the worst Radio Sheffield Co-commentator and that includes Kevin gage and Carl asaba
Well i guess even the best kept secrets come out eventually. it's inevitable.
I am the real KE, and you can pick any bun of your choice off the wagon for free next time i'm on the bakery run.

It’s not cryptic I’m just relaying what I’ve heard

Plenty going on down at the lane just wait and see 🔜✅
Heard this, heard that, heard the other. Where and who are you hearing it from? Without a source it's all just pissing in the wind. People will be incredulous. If you can't substantiate your claims, keep schtum or face the ridicule that will, 100% be coming your way.

Not a single whisper coming out of that place.

So were the only noises someone shouting “Look at me!!!” ?

Sounds like your laying down the gauntlet to Andy67 as the king of "in the know".
You're predicting good news with incomings, where as Andy is still confident in his prediction of bad news regards outgoings.

Your also using the same techniques of drip feeding cryptic bits of info, obviously enjoying the attention ha ha.

Bit unfair on Andy67 lumping him in with the forum idiot. Andy calls people a cunt, Fallowfield is……. Ooh someone at the door……

It's weird....I have no "in the know" knowledge like Andy 67 but all his recent predictions have ended up wrong
and all my predictions seem to be turning out correct.

How did I know what was going to happen?
Simple logic. I thought if I was committing £50 million to buying Sheff Utd, a club on the verge of promotion then what would I do.

1: I'd have slight concern that we were under an embargo but clarify with the EFL exactly what it meant and how it effects us.
I'd pay the embargo money myself as it's soon to be my club but I'd pay it as late as possible, a day before the deadline.
I'd do this because I'd want clubs we might be doing transfer deals with to think we don't have much money.

I'd be seeking clarification on the money owed to clear the embargo and probably give them a legal document
that the EFL can deduct any money required from the deposit I'd left with them to buy the club.
So the EFL effectively already have the money to clear the debt, it's for them to move it from one account to another account.

2: I'd have no concerns about the negative publicity because it would all be in hand.
Also it's a good tactic to create some panic on the ground, then appear like a knight in shining armour to rescue you from that nasty previous owner.

3: I'd do anything to ensure promotion this season, it's non negotiable.
I'd see N'Diaye as our best player and refuse to sell him unless it's something daft like £50 million.
I'd see reports that Berge hasn't been at his best this season and if we can bring in better midfielders I'd sell Berge but only for £20 to £25 million. If no bids that price then he stays, we're not desperate to sell anyone. However I'd get Bettis to line up potential incomings just in case we receive an offer we can't refuse.

4: I'd then be in contact with the EFL about how this embargo effects loan deals and I'd be looking for at least a loan replacement for Khadra.

All the above is basic common sense.
You don't buy a club and allow that club to sell off their best players scuppering their chances of promotion and a £120 million a season windfall.
Also you don't not pay off a debt if there's a risk that you not allowed to trade for 2 transfer windows.

What Andy67 was predicting only made sense if the new owner was a naive idiot, some one with more money than sense.
Basically someone like Chancer down at S6.

Some good thoughts there and a lot of it makes sense. Just a couple of comments/spanners:

- Normally all liabilities would sit with the incumbent owner rather than the incoming owner up to deal close - not sure why the new owner would be obligated to pay the outstanding amount in order to clear the liability unless the company was in distress and funds were needed to avoid it becoming insolvent. The amount would then be deducted from the consideration payable at deal close (which may or may not be the case)
- The plan to delay payment until as late as possible negates the possibility of any incomings, particularly a replacement for Khadra (to your points 3. and 4.. As a result, the club will need to be luckier with injuries that they've been to-date this season if that's not going to have an impact. Ndiaye will need to remain an ever-present, McB will need to regain fitness and form and Jebbison and Osula will need to contribute.

The truth is none of us (including those on here and elsewhere that seemingly have had a grudge to bear with PA since CW left the club) have an accurate understanding of the club's finances and we're all piecing things together based on guesswork.

At least with the JTW now shut, the squad will remain in tact through to the end of the season and hopefully the change of ownership will play-out smoothly allowing us to concentrate on supporting the club to hopefully get over the line. Getting a result on Saturday will be a massive step towards doing so after everything that's gone on over the last few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom