So, what's the situation regarding ...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

pommpey

THE FUTURE ... AS IT USED TO BE
Reaction score
... who is crocked and who is not for this weekend? I was expecting some sort of leaked statement or even a formal one from the club about this Satdi's game, the preparations, how it's all going, where N'Daiye is and who is recovered, how up for it we are and generally a 'welcome back to real football' vibe?

There's a fucking promotion campaign to pick up and we kinda need some reassurances that this return from an international break aint gonna be as disastrous and disappointing as the last one ...

Discuss ...

pommpey

Management will come up with the usual obfuscation and fabrication for the next match presser. It's a great opportunity to try and bamboozle the opposition. Situation normal. :)

Management will come up with the usual obfuscation and fabrication for the next match presser. It's a great opportunity to try and bamboozle the opposition. Situation normal. :)

The Shirecliffe sniper always has a new target.

I thought this forum had already established that t'old Hecky keeps his cards close to his chest when it comes to injury updates. I'd imagine a vague statement in the pre game press conference about how there's a few coming back.

The bits we have seen are the training clips on social media, showing Berge, Anel and Mcburnie all 'on the grass'

I thought this forum had already established that t'old Hecky keeps his cards close to his chest when it comes to injury updates. I'd imagine a vague statement in the pre game press conference about how there's a few coming back.

The bits we have seen are the training clips on social media, showing Berge, Anel and Mcburnie all 'on the grass'
Exactly this. While it is frustrating for us fans there is a reason.

Anyone any feedback on the behind closed doors friendly against Rotherham?
who played etc?

They really should organise some kind of conference, with the press for instance, before the game to address these sorts of questions.
Why ! I'm as interested as any Blade on who is ready to play ! If Hecki beleaves he gets a small advantage by keeping everyone guessing then that's alright by me.
Does it really matter to our fans who is in the team leading up to lick off.
When I take my seat close to kick off it is intriguing looking on the big screen to see who is starting .
As I said if Hecki beleaves in these mind games so be it!.

He has a great record so far.

... who is crocked and who is not for this weekend? I was expecting some sort of leaked statement or even a formal one from the club about this Satdi's game, the preparations, how it's all going, where N'Daiye is and who is recovered, how up for it we are and generally a 'welcome back to real football' vibe?

There's a fucking promotion campaign to pick up and we kinda need some reassurances that this return from an international break aint gonna be as disastrous and disappointing as the last one ...

Discuss ...

pommpey
According to that journalistic powerhouse that is The Star, Ndiaye may not be available for the Huddersfield game due to him seen limping on a video posted on Twitter! 🤨

In other news, the U21's beat Newcastle United 0-1 last night in a game which saw a couple of Blades first team fringe players involved.

Iliman to sit alongside Hecky and then immediately head off to Center Parks for the week!

Discuss ...

pommpey
I understand from an unreliable source that the shirts were put on a very hot wash during the WC and are now a gentle shade of pink ! Now we wouldn’t play in pink, would we ?

Why ! I'm as interested as any Blade on who is ready to play ! If Hecki beleaves he gets a small advantage by keeping everyone guessing then that's alright by me.
Does it really matter to our fans who is in the team leading up to lick off.
When I take my seat close to kick off it is intriguing looking on the big screen to see who is starting .
As I said if Hecki beleaves in these mind games so be it!.

He has a great record so far.
joke-dumb.gif

According to that journalistic powerhouse that is The Star, Ndiaye may not be available for the Huddersfield game due to him seen limping on a video posted on Twitter! 🤨

In other news, the U21's beat Newcastle United 0-1 last night in a game which saw a couple of Blades first team fringe players involved.
Whether Ndiaye is injured or not, I would have thought he will need a few days to readjust to a freezing Sheffield after several weeks in a very hot climate and the bright lights of Qatar. Maybe a bit of jet-lag, too. Plus, he deserves a few days off.

McBurnie.....some say that his injury is still an injury and he will not be available.............Cardiff fans still think he played against them.

1670319462937.png

N'Diaye I reckon might be on the bench for Sat. Depends on if the knock was anything more than it looks. Didn't look that bad.

I'm saying that the likes of Doyle, Fleck, Clark and Anel will be available.

Berge, Bogle, Lowe and McBurnie may or may not be available for Sat but won't be far off hopefully if they don't make it. Wouldn't be surprised if one or two of them are on the bench.

Within weeks they will all likely be available which is an improvement on having 11 players out injured, it should be reduced to about 4 players quite soon.
Of course

RND maybe few more weeks or into Jan?
Brewster is gonna be new year and I've no idea on Jebbison.

Whether Ndiaye is injured or not, I would have thought he will need a few days to readjust to a freezing Sheffield after several weeks in a very hot climate and the bright lights of Qatar. Maybe a bit of jet-lag, too. Plus, he deserves a few days off.
I reckon he will be back in Sheff today or tomorrow.
All depends on his knock, but if it's OK reckon he will be on bench come Sat.

Genuinely, there should be a press conference daily really, in these types of situations where things can change frequently

-Who is still injured
-Who will be back
-What do you think of the opposition
-Have you been watching the world cup
-How many chocolates are still on your tree
-Have you checked round the back near the wall because when I was a kid that’s where I always used to nick them from first so mum didn’t notice. There’ll be none left, I’m telling ya

Tomorrow or Thursday should be conference day.

From what we've seen my guess is 5 players maybe still missing.

O'Connell
Robinson
RND
Couilbaly
Brewster

I Personally don't pay any attention to the pre match press conference with what Hecky says. He doesn't want to give any team news away and I don't blame him. Why would we give the opposition any advantage of knowing who's fit and who's not? 2pm Saturday for team news will do for me!

I thought we were using the U-21s and behind door games to help get players match fit, but not seen anything to suggest we have?

McBurnie.....some say that his injury is still an injury and he will not be available.............Cardiff fans still think he played against them.

View attachment 148854
great hats. have one which I wore every day kayaking round a Greek island for a fortnight. It is a quite faded now but it saved my bonce from sun burn. Not a ginger but I can see why he needs to wear one.

showed the Blades Players training on youtube.
Sander Berge looked ok. don,t know about the other players who were injured.

Back
Top Bottom