So, what's the situation regarding ...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I Personally don't pay any attention to the pre match press conference with what Hecky says. He doesn't want to give any team news away and I don't blame him. Why would we give the opposition any advantage of knowing who's fit and who's not? 2pm Saturday for team news will do for me!
Tell em nowt.

Heckys presser coach.

Illiman, Anel, Berge and Burnie on the bench. Khadra and Billy to start upfront. Doyle back with Macatee starting. Just watch.

Only heard rumours on the forwards front… McBurnie is a week or so away, Illy fitness test, Brewster out until New year, Jebbo Feb / March time. Sharp starts on Saturday.

I'm waiting for Fallowfield to tell us what's going on.

Please God no !! It's been great over the past few weeks to not read any of the self-important nonsense that he serves up on here.

So I guess it'll be Thursday this week when he publishes his latest instalment of "Fallowfield's Team to "tease/throttle/torment/twat" the Terriers"

I cant wait !! ;)

Please God no !! It's been great over the past few weeks to not read any of the self-important nonsense that he serves up on here.

So I guess it'll be Thursday this week when he publishes his latest instalment of "Fallowfield's Team to "tease/throttle/torment/twat" the Terriers"

I cant wait !! ;)
I'm going with "terrorise the terriers"

I thought this forum had already established that t'old Hecky keeps his cards close to his chest when it comes to injury updates. I'd imagine a vague statement in the pre game press conference about how there's a few coming back.

The bits we have seen are the training clips on social media, showing Berge, Anel and Mcburnie all 'on the grass'

Vlad Putin should tell the Ukranians where and when he's going to attack, it's only fair.

The same happened back with Wilder, people demanding to know the team sheet days in advance.

Whether Ndiaye is injured or not, I would have thought he will need a few days to readjust to a freezing Sheffield after several weeks in a very hot climate and the bright lights of Qatar. Maybe a bit of jet-lag, too. Plus, he deserves a few days off.
Finely tuned athlete plays a few minutes in perfect conditions yet needs bitty,nappy changing and days off after returning days before required on luxury jet. Further proof the human race has totally lost the plot.

Finely tuned athlete plays a few minutes in perfect conditions yet needs bitty,nappy changing and days off after returning days before required on luxury jet. Further proof the human race has totally lost the plot.
My point exactly.

Were the WC not on, he'd have played four more full length matches by now.

Gerrim in t'side Hecks.

pommpey

McBurnie had his hernia op I believe. Are they fairly routine and quick to recover from? I know he’s been back training but can he go back in yet?

I am worried about the drop in temperature for the weekend. Hope the medics have got plenty of horse linament to rub on those recovering from any sign of muscle injury.. Used to work a treat when I played Sheffield Sunday League many years ago. That and a sponge of freezing cold water.

My point exactly.

Were the WC not on, he'd have played four more full length matches by now.

Gerrim in t'side Hecks.

pommpey
The question is not whether he's physically fit - of course he is. The real question is whether he will be mentally ready for Saturday.
He's a young kid who has played in the world's greatest football tournament, and has been watched by millions of people worldwide. He's rubbed shoulders with some of the worlds greatest players - and he's been away from home for several weeks. He's bound to have been affected by it all - whether for the good or bad, we'll soon find out.

The question is not whether he's physically fit - of course he is. The real question is whether he will be mentally ready for Saturday.
He's a young kid who has played in the world's greatest football tournament, and has been watched by millions of people worldwide. He's rubbed shoulders with some of the worlds greatest players - and he's been away from home for several weeks. He's bound to have been affected by it all - whether for the good or bad, we'll soon find out.

We need him. Currently we are pretty toothless without him going at the opposition.

No excuses. He's a professional

pommpey

I think Illiman can be spared for Saturday. He deserves it.

I am worried about the drop in temperature for the weekend. Hope the medics have got plenty of horse linament to rub on those recovering from any sign of muscle injury.. Used to work a treat when I played Sheffield Sunday League many years ago. That and a sponge of freezing cold water.

Concord Park, sponge frozen solid, dog shit in the six yard box. Character building....

Only heard rumours on the forwards front… McBurnie is a week or so away, Illy fitness test, Brewster out until New year, Jebbo Feb / March time. Sharp starts on Saturday.
Wot abart Lowe, Bogle JLT, RND ?

Fac me, in my younger days, I did 7x12’s in London for 4 weeks at a time, away from family and friends, not exactly living in luxury and also not exactly keeping myself fit and healthy. But if the gaffer asked me to come back home to do a shift back in Sheffield, I was back doing my job there come 08:00 Monday morning.

I've seen nothing to suggest that any of the long-term absentees got any minutes over the break. I thought we were using behind doors games and U-21s, so assume none are fit to start a game. Given what we know, the starting XI for Huddersfield will have to look something like this:

---------------------------Wes
------------Anel----------Egan---------Clark
---Baldock------------------------------------Stevens
-------------McAtee-----Norwood----Osborn
-------------------Sharp-----------Khadra

I presume Ndiaye won't be ready to start. His body is acclimatised to 30 degree heat. I'm no expert, but I assume he'll need some time to acclimatise back otherwise he'd risk an injury? And he might be injured anyway.

The only other fit senior players I'm aware of are: Basham and Davies.

There's an U-21 game on Friday, so I assume we'll know more then, but I'd assume Brooks and Sachdev will be on the bench.

Which makes the injury roll, by my count:

RND (out until February/March)
Bogle (on the grass but presumably we'll need to build up his minutes in the U-21s slowly)
Robinson
Berge
Fleck
Arblaster
Coulibaly
Jebbo
McBurnie
Ndiaye ?
Brewster

We now look ok defensively but the rest is a mess.

You have to wonder why this wasn't done earlier.
The article doesn't actually mention when the operation took place. I wouldn't be shocked if it is clickbait to make it look like it just happened when in reality it happened straight after that the injury. A 10 week recovery for hamstring surgery seems quick, so I suspect the surgery happened a while ago.

...of course knowing us I also wouldn't be totally shocked if the surgery has just happened either

I presume Ndiaye won't be ready to start. His body is acclimatised to 30 degree heat. I'm no expert, but I assume he'll need some time to acclimatise back otherwise he'd risk an injury? And he might be injured anyway.
I'm no doctor but how have teams coped with playing away in the Champions League in Russia in the winter? Surely if the change in temperature was such an issue then they'd struggle and all be injured?

I'd hope that Iliman is back tomorrow, light training Friday, hat trick Saturday. I bet our social media team will be in the airport with the 'Welcome Home' banners, unless they've got more sense than to publicise that he's back.

I'm no doctor but how have teams coped with playing away in the Champions League in Russia in the winter? Surely if the change in temperature was such an issue then they'd struggle and all be injured?

I'd hope that Iliman is back tomorrow, light training Friday, hat trick Saturday. I bet our social media team will be in the airport with the 'Welcome Home' banners, unless they've got more sense than to publicise that he's back.
Wait, Ndiaye has been in Qatar??? 😯😯😯😳

Back
Top Bottom