So What shitty loan signing

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Kev Gee

Reaction score
will we end up with for Kmacs replacement?

surely weve cashed all our washed up ex blade chips in?

David Fox at Norwich would do a good job I think. I just very much doubt he'd drop down to this turgid dross!!

Not a loan signing, but somebody said that we use our size in the division to take lesser teams' better players from them. mattbianco1 mentioned Brandy as an example. I've seen Freeman mentioned, but how about we show some real ambition and take Jose Baxter from Oldham. He's an attacking midfielder, good on the ball and he scores a fair few. Also, was he in Everton's youth set-up whilst Weir was there?

This is the sort of player we should go for, not complete unknowns. We've got a squad full of average League 1 players so we must be nowhere near the salary cap.

Not a loan signing, but somebody said that we use our size in the division to take lesser teams' better players from them. mattbianco1 mentioned Brandy as an example. I've seen Freeman mentioned, but how about we show some real ambition and take Jose Baxter from Oldham. He's an attacking midfielder, good on the ball and he scores a fair few. Also, was he in Everton's youth set-up whilst Weir was there?

This is the sort of player we should go for, not complete unknowns. We've got a squad full of average League 1 players so we must be nowhere near the salary cap.

I'd take him!!

Lets see how Coady does today first and wait until k mac actually goes if indeed he does

The loan is an initial loan, its then no danger to us, and we won't waste a loan, if he's shite he goes back, if he's good, he'll stay.

Can we just do an entire squad swap with Leyton Orient? Or can't we afford the wages their lot are on? :rolleyes:

Totally agree, other than the salary cap bit. We're definitely stacked with average league 1 players, generally paid championship salaries, sadly.

UTB

Baxter would be a good shout.
But like most times, we missed getting him for nothing when he left the prem to get games.

Adam Forshaw ran the show yesterday - a player that joined Brentford initially on loan from Everton, then made permanent, and in the summer was given a 3-year extended deal. Precisely the sort of deal we should be looking at. Our past shitty loans record shouldn't be a reason not to loan people, it should be a reason for vastly improving our use of the loan market.

Odd that we were not in for Connor McAleny; another that supposedly was too good for us yesterday. Brentford get him from ...... Everton? As was Forshaw they signed on a free I believe.

You would have thought Weir may have had a head start on players like them?

Odd that we were not in for Connor McAleny; another that supposedly was too good for us yesterday. Brentford get him from ...... Everton? As was Forshaw they signed on a free I believe.

You would have thought Weir may have had a head start on players like them?

Forshaw joined them in 2012. But yes on a general point - though I suspect he'll have been told that unless people leave no more can come in sadly.

We were in for him at the beginning of last season (or linked at least). We might have had a shot then but we've no chance now!

I'm sure Bradford have turned down an offer reported to be £2m. Bradford mean business

Can you imagine the Blades turning down any offer of £2m for any of our players? Holy Shite, the club would snatch their hands off

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/...uld-have-been-a-posh-record-breaker-1-5330866

It was certainly a million plus.

As you say another chairman and club that is upwardly mobile and mean business. When the likes of Rotherham and Bradford are more forward thinking then it is worrying. It is ok saying being patient but not sure how the manager can build anything if we sell anyone who is any cop continually. At some point it has to stop. If it does not we are going down not up.

Just hope we do not bring in some 'known' senior/experienced player on a short-term loan to satisfy the fans. These players know they are not staying so tend to be hit and miss. I would rather DW takes his time and makes his own choice and not based on some public/fan raffle.

httit ://www.peterboroughtoday.co.u...uld-have-been-a-posh-record-breaker-1-5330866

It was certainly a million plus

As you say another chairman and club that is upwardly mobile and mean business. When the likes of Rotherham and Bradford are more forward thinking then it is worrying. It is ok saying being patient but not sure how the manager can build anything if we sell anyone who is any cop continually. At some point it has to stop. If it does not we are going down not up.
Exactly, and that scares the shit out of me.

Back
Top Bottom