Smash and grab at Goodison (BladesPod) - Everton review

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Beans

Reaction score
Evening all,

Roygbiv and I go through a thoroughly enjoyable away win for t'Blades the other day, including:

• a very (VARy?) strange first goal - 17:18
  • that link-up between Lundstram and the Moose - 34:10
  • John Egan and our immense defence - 45:00

Then, a look ahead to Sunderland in the cup (57:45) and the Liverpool game (1:02:47). Finally, I'm very pleased to be joined by Lizzi from The Anfield Wrap to get an opposition's perspective ahead of the game (I'm afraid I was too polite to correct her from calling us "Sheffield", so I hope you will extend the same courtesy... :D )

Cheers as always for listening!

Apple Podcasts: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/bladespod/id1309198119?mt=2

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/6wLq5qaiQ123cLHHMnTixJ

Evening all,

Roygbiv and I go through a thoroughly enjoyable away win for t'Blades the other day, including:

Then, a look ahead to Sunderland in the cup (57:45) and the Liverpool game (1:02:47). Finally, I'm very pleased to be joined by Lizzi from The Anfield Wrap to get an opposition's perspective ahead of the game (I'm afraid I was too polite to correct her from calling us "Sheffield", so I hope you will extend the same courtesy... :D )

Listening already
Looking forward to this one

Bit late this and I didn’t want to start a new thread and this one was the first I found about Saturday. I was there on Sat but had had a few. Not the only one I think: Just watching highlights now. Still on first half but just realised Baldock’s fucking mental! 😂

Really enjoy these podcasts. Keep 'em coming. 🤩
Just wonder if there is room to have 5 mins on the xg and other stats as I really got into those when you had Jay (blades analytics?) on last season. Early xg stats for the first 6 suggest we are not in a false position so it bodes well for the rest of the season...

Evening all,

Smash and Grab. That's how the Everton locals visit car parks in the area

Cheers lads,i downloaded it...got me upto Boro on the way up to North East with work...Agree on VAR,I'm getting annoyed even when it doesn't involve United...that Spurs goal for instance.

After the view from and DB , look 👀 forward to this
The thing that stood out for me was since our last defeat away ,
“ Dem Pigs 🐷 “ have had 3 managers

Notification came up just as I was leaving the house. Perfect. Cheers as ever.

I’m sure this has been asked a few times, but where do you guys usually get your advanced metrics from? Whoscored is decent, but would be keen to find more. They’re really useful when “discussing” with people on Facebook, particularly after a loss!

Notification came up just as I was leaving the house. Perfect. Cheers as ever.

I’m sure this has been asked a few times, but where do you guys usually get your advanced metrics from? Whoscored is decent, but would be keen to find more. They’re really useful when “discussing” with people on Facebook, particularly after a loss!

I use StatsZone for the "countable" stuff (eg shots in box, passes, blocks, tackles etc) - it pulls data from Opta. For advanced metrics, Understat is useful (and free!) and lets you look not only at individual games but also individual players across the whole Premier League (John Lundstram is still in the top 10 players in the Premier League for expected assists).

Bit late this and I didn’t want to start a new thread and this one was the first I found about Saturday. I was there on Sat but had had a few. Not the only one I think: Just watching highlights now. Still on first half but just realised Baldock’s fucking mental! 😂
I love that Baldock bloke. He’s like that loony mate that cracks you up every time.
And him and Enda are superb matching bookends to the best team we’ve had for decades.

I really enjoyed the pods with Jay, as he gave statistical insights I'd never known before and was greatly saddened when he left. Having said that, I've really grown to love the Beans/ROY dream team and love the way you work off one another. These really are good discussions for the sensible Blade factions and very enjoyable to listen to.

The new addition of some PL blogees also work well. Whilst the young lass from Liverpool had an accent that grated, her contribution was informative and worthwhile. It was good you didn't bother correcting the repeated 'Sheffield's, but simply retorted with 'United'. You could almost hear here cogs whirring as she tried to work out why 'Sheffield' would talk about the Newton Heath lot.

Another great one; well done chaps!

Cheers fellas!!

Had to turn off a couple of mins after the guest appearance. Do appreciate you getting a voice from the opposition, and appreciate her giving her time, but Jesus I can’t listen to scousers. Goes through me.

Just finished listening, there were some good points again and you've both swung back to optimism from the doom and gloom the week before.

I do think that your predictions for the Liverpool game are extremely optimistic though and I can see them getting an early goal or 2 and then it being damage limitation all game. I think with the sluggish starts we've made they will have made note and will come out all guns blazing. If we give Liverpool the first 20 mins like we have in pretty much every other game this season it might be out of sight before we start playing.

Back
Top Bottom