BladesPod - latest episodes

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Sorry to correct but Beans said it was the 2nd time (after Luton) we'd scored 3 in a Premier League game since 1994. The Luton game was the first time we'd scored 3 in a Premier League away game. We've scored 3 at home on numerous occasions since then, including West Ham 3-0 in 2007, Burnley 3-0 in 2019, Man Utd 3-3 in 2019, Spurs 3-1 in 2020 and Chelsea 3-0 in 2020.

Considering I was at all of those apart from the covid ones, that was quite a brainfart. Thanks for the correction!

Afternoon all, new pod is out - should say we decided not to do one last week given that it was an international break, we'd already done the "10 things we want to see before the end of the season" one and finding new ways to talk about how terrible we are seemed a bit unnecessary.

Anyway! Here's Roygbiv and me covering the entertaining if maddening 3-3 draw with Fulham in which we also discuss the possible future for McBurnie and Brereton Diaz. And of course, pesky VAR and peskier added on time.

Finally, apologies for some lower quality audio than normal in this one - had some internet issues. Cheers for listening, hope it's not too annoying.

Great pod title! How long do you spend coming up with the puns?

Considering I was at all of those apart from the covid ones, that was quite a brainfart. Thanks for the correction!
I'm sure you were just thinking about away games. Maybe put it down to lack of rest, especially if you've got a one year old!

Anyway, fantastic work as ever.

Hi all, new pod with Roygbiv is out - reflecting on an excellent performance and result and an enjoyable afternoon overall against an expensive Chelsea side. We turn the spotlight of discussion onto Oli Arblaster and Ben Osborn in particular, before having a conversation about the start Ivo Grbic has made to his Blades career...

Thanks for listening!

A fews years ago I might have given a jot…Now I don’t give a fuck what they do with the… “best league in the world.”

Hi all, new pod with Roygbiv is out - reflecting on an excellent performance and result and an enjoyable afternoon overall against an expensive Chelsea side. We turn the spotlight of discussion onto Oli Arblaster and Ben Osborn in particular, before having a conversation about the start Ivo Grbic has made to his Blades career...

Thanks for listening!

Great pod guys, as usual.
However I disagree with you both on keeping Grbic in for the rest of the season.
It's not fair on the rest of the team, staff and fans to keep him in. He's consistently costing us points, as his stats show.
We all want the team to keep competitive, pick up some more points and hopefully wins by the end of the season. With this guy we are effectively playing with an handicap, it's hard enough in the premier league without fielding a poor, confidence shot keeper.
Just give him some games in the U21s and review again next season. But please Chris get Wes back in and sign a new number 1 for next season.

Great pod guys, as usual.
However I disagree with you both on keeping Grbic in for the rest of the season.
It's not fair on the rest of the team, staff and fans to keep him in. He's consistently costing us points, as his stats show.
We all want the team to keep competitive, pick up some more points and hopefully wins by the end of the season. With this guy we are effectively playing with an handicap, it's hard enough in the premier league without fielding a poor, confidence shot keeper.
Just give him some games in the U21s and review again next season. But please Chris get Wes back in and sign a new number 1 for next season.
Agree 100 per cent with this.

The wishes expressed on the pod for us to beat 2020-21's points total and for Grbic to play the rest of the season are incompatible.

Enjoyable pod, btw. Thanks for the name check Beans.

Eyup S2,

New pod is out, Roygbiv and I didn't see the Brentford game so get your in-depth discussion around that game elsewhere - we did however get some feelings off our chest about the news that the Blades will start next season on -2 points after an EFL sanction over late payments. We do also preview what could be an entertaining game with Burnley this weekend.

Cheers for listening!

Great listen as ever.
I enjoyed the rant about the points deduction and to be honest I'd not given it that much thought apart from thinking how typically United it is, but now I'm absolutely fuming :D

Hello S2, new pod with Roygbiv is here as United get hammered at home yet again. Five games to go!!!!!!

Thanks for listening.

Thanks for listening?

You deserve our undying grattitude for being arsed to do it. Thanks for sticking with it, in what has been a complete shitshow of a season.

Back
Top Bottom