Slav updates

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Millhousesblade1889

Reaction score
- Wants to keep Ramsdale out of his hands but didn’t come here to sell our best players

- Ramsdale still number 1 despite the saga

- Ronaldo Viera signing after weekend

- no further along with Davies signing

- need fresh blood for team & fans. Used all his midfielders vs B’ham (forgetting he didn’t use Freeman)

- need to create more chances

- still building fitness

- Jebbison could stay happy with how he’s progressing

- Deciding whether Enda needs surgery.

Slav quote on Ramsdale:

Probably yes. He's a very good goalkeeper. We are happy working with him, he is going to be expensive and we have no intention of selling him. I am thinking he will be the next game in my starting XI and that's it. I hope he will stay with me for this season but that is not always under my control.
Listen, I didn't come here to sell my best players. If something happens then one Championship team like Sheffield United can't say no, I must accept this. If you asked me if I'd be happy, no I don't need the money, I need the player.
I explained my position, I am not the guy who can stop him but I am thinking about him as my first choice. He knows I won't push for him to go. If everything is in my hands, he will stay with us. It's not a question of wanting him, this is part of the Sheffield United business too.
He wants to improve with us and with another club.

Given that arsenal wanted ramsdale it does make me wonder why no one is trying hard to get nick pope. Proven prem keeper who might want to win tropies/titles etc. Surely some teams must be interested

Glad the club isn't caving in

£20 million is peanuts considering what we initially paid, plus the outstanding money that we were owed for Brookes probably being part of the deal. Plus Bournemouth will probably have a sell on.

£20 million, means only one loser....us.

No offence meant with it. I completely agree it’s not his first language. I just prefer to read his interviews, I’m sure he’s more fluent when speaking to the players
Just imagine yourself on the end of that glare as he says "you have a problem with my English?" Make sure you take a spare pair of trousers with you.

Given that arsenal wanted ramsdale it does make me wonder why no one is trying hard to get nick pope. Proven prem keeper who might want to win tropies/titles etc. Surely some teams must be interested
Pope is injured isn’t he? Or just come back from injury. His record in the Prem as number 1 for Burnley for a few seasons plus England no. 2 would probably make him a lot more expensive than Ramsdale

Interesting post. Yet so incredibly boring.

Maybe he is under the illusion that professional footballers are highly motivated individuals who understand basic football, maybe he thinks they are individuals that don't need bollockings every two minutes to make them do simple tasks that should come naturally to a professional footballer.

Maybe there's a reason why Warnock, Bassett and Wilder are the only decent managers we've had for the last 40 years.

The screaming, shouting, constant motivational skills and arse kicking to make poor players do a basic job, maybe, is as good as it gets for us because we'll never have an intelligent footballer on the books

he’s no chris wilder in front of the media i can tell you that
Wilder did become a bit of a media charm, with his Sheffield esque style of interviews.

Thing I like about Slav's interviews is that when he's asked a question, he's listening quite carefully (probably because English isn't his first language)
But it looks as though he's moments away from pure rage and decking the interviewer! Makes me laugh in a good way!

As long as we start winning he can talk like a Dalek for me , but yes he really is a hard listen , perhaps hes been back stabbed by the press in the past and doesn't like then much , seems like a chore to him !

Last edited:

He's quite injury-prone isn't he? Plus PL club and England no.1. Looking at £40-50 million probably. Plus then they already have a first choice keeper.

I suspect you'd be looking at £40 for Pickford, £30 for Johnstone

But the other England keepers are near the finished product.

If Arsenal were after a number 1 they should bid £30 million for Hendo.

Back
Top Bottom