Slav Sold a Dummy

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

JayGreen17

Reaction score
I wonder what Slav was told about funding for players, because I’d be frustrated as hell with the lack of transfers and fresh blood into this team, I’ve had nothing but praise for HRH so far but I do wonder what the hell is going on with the lack of fresh blood into the first team, it’s been as clear as day that we need a new midfield for about 18 months but still no movement and looking at a relegation battle firmly in the face…if I was Slav I’d be wanting answers, and all The 24m Ramsdale cash.

Also wheres Bettis, seems any info/statements about the clubs position has dried up from the club.

I wonder what Slav was told about funding for players, because I’d be frustrated as hell with the lack of transfers and fresh blood into this team, I’ve had nothing but praise for HRH so far but I do wonder what the hell is going on with the lack of fresh blood into the first team, it’s been as clear as day that we need a new midfield for about 18 months but still no movement and looking at a relegation battle firmly in the face…if I was Slav I’d be wanting answers, and all The 24m Ramsdale cash.

Also wheres Bettis, seems any info/statements about the clubs position has dried up from the club.
His horror show interview probably ended him from doing interviews again.

No forwards. No hope.

Trying to get back to the Premiership with a spent strike force. Never going to happen.
No funds forthcoming for quality attackers.

Boss will be gone by Christmas and Blessin will brought in for a long-term overhaul as opposed to this doomed bounce-back mission.

There's a pessimistic part of me that thinks SJ only took the job with us to avoid future visa issues regarding getting back into English football, as per Ball_Sup (Phil) 's musings.

I don't think he's that kind of dude, but once the rules are laid out in front of you, it's hard not to worry about it.

It's not that hard to understand for me, he comes in, sees a squad who are broken in spirit but have performed very well for 2.8 of the last 4 seasons and agrees that if he can keep the "talent" then loans should do to freshen it up.

Loans take a long time, as you're not in control, we're looking to sign good players from decent clubs who want them to sign new deals before going out, that takes even longer.

I don't think he'll have been promised permanent signings unless we sell, he'll have been promised loans, which might still be within an internal timescale he agreed to, he wanted 5 and we would've had 2 by now without Vieira's issue.

Now we've sold Ramsdale it seems, so maybe a permanent might be an option, we'll see.

He probably wasn't expecting the players to absolutely clam up whenever they get on the pitch though, and likely thought he could manage until the window closes and everyone is in and get a couple of points, maybe a win at home with the crowd behind them. It seems like the players aren't up to it though without major changes so everyone is panicking now.

Hopefully Slav can see a path through it though.

It's not that hard to understand for me, he comes in, sees a squad who are broken in spirit but have performed very well for 2.8 of the last 4 seasons and agrees that if he can keep the "talent" then loans should do to freshen it up.

Loans take a long time, as you're not in control, we're looking to sign good players from decent clubs who want them to sign new deals before going out, that takes even longer.

I don't think he'll have been promised permanent signings unless we sell, he'll have been promised loans, which might still be within an internal timescale he agreed to, he wanted 5 and we would've had 2 by now without Vieira's issue.

Now we've sold Ramsdale it seems, so maybe a permanent might be an option, we'll see.

He probably wasn't expecting the players to absolutely clam up whenever they get on the pitch though, and likely thought he could manage until the window closes and everyone is in and get a couple of points, maybe a win at home with the crowd behind them. It seems like the players aren't up to it though without major changes so everyone is panicking now.

Hopefully Slav can see a path through it though.
I keep hearing what you say above about loans…

And then I watched EFL on Quest and listened to Not the Top 20. Everyone else in the EFL seems to have been able to sort loans out already.

Quite frankly it smacks of incompetence on our part.

And then I watched EFL on Quest and listened to Not the Top 20. Everyone else in the EFL seems to have been able to sort loans out already.

Spot on. Zerchangel at forest on loan from Watford is a decent player. Birmingham as we saw have Chong....it takes us months to sort something out. What ever is going on we are not at the races.

Like every club that comes down we expected to have sold a couple by now.

It's not the Boards fault that nobody wants to buy the players Wilder signed!

Depends what was said/promised by the board when he was interviewed,but I wrote before he was appointed that he seems to be an impulse,gut feeling type of guy,so if he thinks he's been hamstrung,let down and people behind the scenes are not getting their act together,wouldn't be surprised if he walked at a very early stage.

No forwards. No hope.

Trying to get back to the Premiership with a spent strike force. Never going to happen.

Boss will be gone by Christmas and Blessin will brought in for a long-term overhaul as opposed to this doomed bounce-back mission.
Strikers are the least of our worries. We need a new midfield, new full backs and a new keeper as priorities over new forwards.

Like every club that comes down we expected to have sold a couple by now.

It's not the Boards fault that nobody wants to buy the players Wilder signed!

The man who recommended / chose the Wilder signings is still recommending / choosing the signings now. Is that the board's fault?

Does it not seem a little strange that Prince Abdullah went to town on Wilder's recruitment and then our only signing so far is someone from Wilder's list?

I also have a slight concern that Davies feels like a signing for Wilder's system. Ball-playing, left sided centre back who can bring the ball out but isn't the best in the air. Not convinced that's exactly what we need right now unless we are going back to 3-5-2.

I've been prepared to give the benefit of the doubt re time taken to bring people in, there are many moving parts, it's not easy but, as others have said, other clubs have/are doing it. We seem to take an eternity. It's crunch time now. Last night demonstrated the need for (about 9) new players, and quickly.

If we can't get new players over the line this should bring onto sharp focus what's going on behind the scenes. The running of the club ultimately sits with Bettis, he's CEO, he's paid to make this work, buck stops with him.

Critical time for all involved.

There's a pessimistic part of me that thinks SJ only took the job with us to avoid future visa issues regarding getting back into English football, as per Ball_Sup (Phil) 's musings.

I don't think he's that kind of dude, but once the rules are laid out in front of you, it's hard not to worry about it.

Not too far fetched. Many Europeans think this way and are looking for any and every trick in the book

We all have ... I know its early days but I'm not impressed

No forwards. No hope.

Slav takes about half a season to get warmed up regardless of the state of the playing staff. He then gets binned off at the first sign of trouble after promotion or even when the job of promotion is acheived. Nothing to say he can't precide over a longer period of transition assuming he's got the patience for it and we don't drop straight though the division first....

He'll never work in England again if he does'nt get a tune out of us so doubt it.

The worrying fact is who's going to take the useless twat off our hands!!

but it was only last week you said

”if Berge goes were fucked! Flecks finished, our mid is a big worry”

So do you rate Berge or not……or does it all depend on if we win or lose the last game?

Many of our fans make me laugh….it was only the other week Berge was a Rolls Royce…the best player in the Champiomship.
Our fans were slating the club just at the thought we might sell off our best players on the cheap.
Most said Berge was worth 35 mil and Ramsdale 30 million.

They can't help themselves

They do all transfer business like an Middle Eastern Market trader

"How much is that player"
"£10 million"

" TEN MILLION, FOR HIM, YOU'RE JOKING AREN'T YOU"

"No, we're not joking, if you don't think he's very good why do you want him"

"We thought he'd be cheap, I'll give you three"

"The price is ten"

"Oooooh No, three is what we think, we'll give you three, take it or leave it"

"We'll leave it thanks, the price is ten"

"You'll have an unhappy player on your books"

"Don't think so"

Another club comes in, our top secret negotiations are blown apart, the other club offers £8 million

"Oh go on then, six, and that's our final offer"

Selling club, "Miss Smith, Block that bunch of fucking retards telephone number will you"

He'll never work in England again if he does'nt get a tune out of us so doubt it.
So, he'll never work again in England.

We beat WBA when they were fighting to stay in the Premiership a few months ago. To disastrously implode against them in the Championship is the writing on the wall. I genuinely didn't see that coming and have set my upper expectation as staying in the division, the lower expectation is just too depressing to contemplate. We're currently on target for around 16 points this season.

So, he'll never work again in England.

We beat WBA when they were fighting to stay in the Premiership a few months ago. To disastrously implode against them in the Championship is the writing on the wall. I genuinely didn't see that coming and have set my upper expectation as staying in the division, the lower expectation is just too depressing to contemplate. We're currently on target for around 16 points this season.
We aren't about to lose on Saturday then go unbeaten for god knows how long and finish on 100 points so I won't compare this to Wilders bad start but the fact remains we are 3 games in. The first 2 performances only needed tweeking. He made a big mistake trying to get closer to the old 352 so lets knock all that shit on the head now too and let him get on with it his way

We aren't about to lose on Saturday then go unbeaten for god knows how long and finish on 100 points so I won't compare this to Wilders bad start but the fact remains we are 3 games in. The first 2 performances only needed tweeking. He made a big mistake trying to get closer to the old 352 so lets knock all that shit on the head now too and let him get on with it his way
Understand the sentiment. But if we're without a win in 6 or have 1 win in 9 games, what's the drill?

I already just sense this is not going to work. Slav has been tricked with the old open cheque book routine from the board.

"Here's a Czech book Slav"...

1629373855391.png

...he just misunderstood ;-)

but it was only last week you said

”if Berge goes were fucked! Flecks finished, our mid is a big worry”

So do you rate Berge or not……or does it all depend on if we win or lose the last game?

Many of our fans make me laugh….it was only the other week Berge was a Rolls Royce…the best player in the Champiomship.
Our fans were slating the club just at the thought we might sell off our best players on the cheap.
Most said Berge was worth 35 mil and Ramsdale 30 million.
No not Berge, Burke! My apologies for the misunderstanding I'm still traumatized after the Albion debacle!!

Tweaking if we want a mid table finish.

Back
Top Bottom