Slav Sold a Dummy

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

11 July 2020 this garbage team beat Chelsea 3 0 , August 2021 we get 4 nilled by a garbage baggie team. So the players are still there but the system has been countered and is in tatters. Wholesale changes are not needed just a different motivation is needed to return the guys to the standards they were used to. The turd is gone, the Slav is just starting but hasnt't done the preparation work to change the team. Time is what he needed but he hasn't given any evidence that he can turn this around and live up to his reputation yet.

It's not that hard to understand for me, he comes in, sees a squad who are broken in spirit but have performed very well for 2.8 of the last 4 seasons and agrees that if he can keep the "talent" then loans should do to freshen it up.

Loans take a long time, as you're not in control, we're looking to sign good players from decent clubs who want them to sign new deals before going out, that takes even longer.

I don't think he'll have been promised permanent signings unless we sell, he'll have been promised loans, which might still be within an internal timescale he agreed to, he wanted 5 and we would've had 2 by now without Vieira's issue.

Now we've sold Ramsdale it seems, so maybe a permanent might be an option, we'll see.

He probably wasn't expecting the players to absolutely clam up whenever they get on the pitch though, and likely thought he could manage until the window closes and everyone is in and get a couple of points, maybe a win at home with the crowd behind them. It seems like the players aren't up to it though without major changes so everyone is panicking now.

Hopefully Slav can see a path through it though.
He did say weeks ago that he was signing mainly loan players so I would presume he knew that was the likely recruitment route.

I feel for the guy, wouldn’t be surprised if he walks if the Board don’t show the cash
We don’t know what he was told and what he had found out when he came in.
Maybe he has been given a three year plan with no one expecting a relegation battle !

What so much of this thread explains is that speculation is what fuels the grapevine. Unless someone was a fly on the wall when Sav was appointed we'll never know what or wasn't promised. Must admit, I'd be surprised if assurances about budgets weren't discussed, but as he appears to be on about £2mil a season, maybe that softens any sense of revised budgets.........for how long a situation like this can continue, well time will tell.

No forwards. No hope.

Trying to get back to the Premiership with a spent strike force Team.
Corrected it for you.

I keep hearing what you say above about loans…

And then I watched EFL on Quest and listened to Not the Top 20. Everyone else in the EFL seems to have been able to sort loans out already.

Quite frankly it smacks of incompetence on our part.

Think its a bit harsh. We are one of the worst PL Teams in history after that last season. We got relegated. Its 4 matches in and we have 1 point and 2nd from bottom. Hardly an enticing prospect for anyone wanting to a) be sold to, or b) being loaned to by a team looking to improve their players.

Fear will be they send them to us on loan and get them back worse than what they sent them.

Slav's "I want 4 or 5 players" might not come as a result of no one wants to come to SUFC rather than negotiation incompetence.

Clubs are probably saying yes we will loan you players for 80%-100% of the wages where as previously to a club in good standing it might be 60%. (just as an example its probably not realistic but you get what I am saying it can be a risk to send us players on loan so they up the loan agreement costs same way they are probably to get our players for a song).

I wonder what Slav was told about funding for players, because I’d be frustrated as hell with the lack of transfers and fresh blood into this team, I’ve had nothing but praise for HRH so far but I do wonder what the hell is going on with the lack of fresh blood into the first team, it’s been as clear as day that we need a new midfield for about 18 months but still no movement and looking at a relegation battle firmly in the face…if I was Slav I’d be wanting answers, and all The 24m Ramsdale cash.

Also wheres Bettis, seems any info/statements about the clubs position has dried up from the club.
When we signed Slav, someone at the club told me "he will have signed only if his player requests are approved & met".
Take of that what you will??

What I don't understand about the current situation is around our finances.

Transfers are normally spread out over 3 seasons but in that video the Prince stated that unusually we had paid most of the money at the front end. The parachute payments are there to cover the higher wage bill and also those kind of structured transfers.

So, whilst we clearly need to trim the squad as well as bringing people in, I'm unsure why, especially with the sale of Ramsdale, why we have no money to spend. Or seemingly making ridiculous demands for loaning young players out (which benefits the club by developing the player to make him worth more).

Makes no sense to me.

When we signed Slav, someone at the club told me "he will have signed only if his player requests are approved & met".
Take of that what you will??
Next week we'll probably be looking for another manager then!

In his interview post Derby match he is asked and bluntly says. Yes 4 to 5 new players. Sounds like he is getting pissed off with it all.

Sort it out Abdullah!!

Your regular reminder. That Jokanovic holds NO cards whatsoever. Under the new Brexit Work Permit regulations. Jokanovic had to take a job in England, any job in England, by November 2021. Or he would no longer qualify for a Work Permit. And he'd be out in the non-England wilderness for ever more. Now he has that job in England, any job in England, he has to swallow any old shit. Because if he walks. He will no longer qualify for a Work Permit and he'll have to go back to the wilderness. Walking would be disastrous for his career if he has ambitions of working in England in the long term. (roughly)

Your regular reminder. That Jokanovic holds NO cards whatsoever. Under the new Brexit Work Permit regulations. Jokanovic had to take a job in England, any job in England, by November 2021. Or he would no longer qualify for a Work Permit. And he'd be out in the non-England wilderness for ever more. Now he has that job in England, any job in England, he has to swallow any old shit. Because if he walks. He will no longer qualify for a Work Permit and he'll have to go back to the wilderness. Walking would be disastrous for his career if he has ambitions of working in England in the long term. (roughly)
Is this true? Why would he not qualify as a skilled worker sponsored by United

Is this true? Why would he not qualify as a skilled worker sponsored by United
Well the simple answer to that is if he's walked from Utd, he clearly wouldn't be a skilled worker sponsored by Utd, as he wouldn't be working for Utd. Am I missing your point?

Well the simple answer to that is if he's walked from Utd, he clearly wouldn't be a skilled worker sponsored by Utd, as he wouldn't be working for Utd. Am I missing your point?
Sure ,thought your point was he would have nowhere to go if he walked. If another British club wanted to employ him ,they would sponser him for a visa?

Last edited:
Sure ,thought your point was he would have nowhere to go if he walked. If another British club wanted to employ him ,they would sponser him for a visa
Yes. But to get the Governing Body Endorsement required at any other Club he would need either 36 cumulative months employment in a designated Top League or 24 consecutive months employment in a designated Top League in the last five years. Once he gets to November 2021 he's in real trouble. He would have nowhere to go (in the UK) if he walked.

Stayi
Unfortunately, staying may finish his career

Back
Top Bottom