Slav’s interviews

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

As has been said many times before Watford and Fulham seemed to understand his English
I don’t buy this argument. He is at Sheffield U not Watford or Fulham who had better players than we do presently. Now he needs communication skills which he clearly doesn’t have. Finally, my Spanish is far better than his English but I wouldn’t for one minute consider it good enough to motivate Spanish footballers, even if I had the football coaching skills. Slav needs an interpreter just like the Leeds manager.

I don’t buy this argument. He is at Sheffield U not Watford or Fulham who had better players than we do presently. Now he needs communication skills which he clearly doesn’t have. Finally, my Spanish is far better than his English but I wouldn’t for one minute consider it good enough to motivate Spanish footballers, even if I had the football coaching skills. Slav needs an interpreter just like the Leeds manager.

“who had better players than we do presently“ answers your own question. MGW and Ndiaye have been positives on the whole and he was responsible for those additions.

Do better players understand him better? Don’t understand this

I listen to his interviews and try very hard to follow them, unfortunately without success.
If he speaks the same way to the players then I don't see how they can understand either.
It's hardly conducive to effective management.
Worked at Fulham and Watford. Maybe it's not the manager that's the problem.

You miss my point Gaini. Why is it marmalade in the first place and not jam? WT actual F is Marmalade and can Slav address this in the JTW?

As Highfield Blade noted marmalade is made from citrus fruit and often peel whereas jam is not. Marmalade and jam are as different as Wilder and Warnock.

As Highfield Blade noted marmalade is made from citrus fruit and often peel whereas jam is not. Marmalade and jam are as different as Wilder and Warnock.

Thanks for clearing up the marmalade/ jam thing. Lemon is citrus, so why is lemon curd not marmalade then?

Curious of HD8

Trying to listen to the guy and decipher what he’s saying sends you to sleep.

Dear me - they don’t leave you inspired. Chuffing hell the guy talks in riddles and is painful to listen to and try and understand.
May be time to get Warnock in to act as a conduit between the board fans and management.
Desperate times and a relegation battle on our hands.
Absolutely, boring monotone manager, could send a glass eye to sleep. Just imagine for one minute being in the dressing room and having to listen to him? Needs to go.

Who am I Delia Smith?! Might be to do with the eggs. 😉
Could you come on the pitch half cut during the break and say “let’s be having you?” Sure this would inspire the team and fans on to victory. This along with your knowledge of fruit based bread spreads could be just what we need during this difficult time.

I can no longer listen to the bloke it is so hard to decipher what he is saying. That also makes me wonder how the hell he communicates with the players he certainly can't do that in the heat of battle maybe he can get by in a classroom where they have time to work his meaning out but surely not from the pitch side.

Marmalade wether it being the Orange or Lime variety is made from the peel and the rest of the fruit just as traditional jams are made but fruit curds are distinctly different from jams. Curds are made by cooking down fruit juice with sugar rather than the whole fruit.

Sheffield xenophobia out again.

Truly remarkable Watford and Fulham had no issues with his accent and language.

Then again they come from a more identical minded part of the country not suspicious of foreigners.

Could you come on the pitch half cut during the break and say “let’s be having you?” Sure this would inspire the team and fans on to victory. This along with your knowledge of fruit based bread spreads could be just what we need during this difficult time.

Actually I was saying something of that order from the soggy away end. The words may have been a little more choice however. 😗

Marmalade wether it being the Orange or Lime variety is made from the peel and the rest of the fruit just as traditional jams are made but fruit curds are distinctly different from jams. Curds are made by cooking down fruit juice with sugar rather than the whole fruit.

Brian Deane is Delia Smith! 😀

Can’t quite figure out if the OP is on a wind up anyway given the idea of bringing Warnock in, but sorry, don’t agree. Think Slav has demonstrated enough with his managerial career to suggest he can communicate just fine.

This is about as clichéd as the complaint thrown at struggling managers that they aren’t waving their arms around enough on the sidelines.

Can’t quite figure out if the OP is on a wind up anyway given the idea of bringing Warnock in, but sorry, don’t agree. Think Slav has demonstrated enough with his managerial career to suggest he can communicate just fine.

This is about as clichéd as the complaint thrown at struggling managers that they aren’t waving their arms around enough on the sidelines.

I'm waiting for someone to suggest we should bring in a British manager or at least one from an English-speaking country. Not one of 'them foreigners'.

Take responsibility? I didn't realise he played all 11 positions plus the manager. The team quite bluntly, are absolute weapons grade serial losers. They all need to go, literally every single one of them minus a few.
So not literally every single one of them?

Dear me - they don’t leave you inspired. Chuffing hell the guy talks in riddles and is painful to listen to and try and understand.
May be time to get Warnock in to act as a conduit between the board fans and management.
Desperate times and a relegation battle on our hands.
It's not his interviews I'm worried about. I think he's getting something of a free pass to be honest. These players are not as bad as he's making them look.

Waste of time listening to interviews. Managers always say the same clichés.
They are there to organise the team not provide PR spin.

Perhaps the club should employ a media manager?

Back
Top Bottom