Sir George šŸ‡¬šŸ‡·āš”ļø

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

And when glory supporters ask me why I support the Blades itā€™s for moments like this. Pure, raw emotion rather than plastic botox version
Oh, yeah
Got a fist of pure emotion
Got a head of shattered dreams
Gotta leave it, gotta leave it all behind now

And when glory supporters ask me why I support the Blades itā€™s for moments like this. Pure, raw emotion rather than plastic botox version
oh yeah that win at full time meant more to me than gloryhunting win at man city or arsenal

Match Sponsors man of the match, did a great interview with Kevin Gage!

If you have a team that requires an immediate injection of energy, passion and determination..... then he's the man for the job isn't he....

Full blooded from the off and probably could have had a couple of early yellows... But it's sheer passion, not malice!..... He wants to win everything! He leads by example and leaves everytbing out there.

Watching him play, you could quite easily believe him to have been brought up in S2... to have stood on the terraces with his old man as a nipper.....etc etc

He loves this club.... and we love him ā¤ļøā¤ļø

Give him the armband now......

SIR george..... a true leader!

Brilliant post ā¤ļø

Should be captain. Epitomises what it is to be a Blade. Blood and thunder when it's needed, but also a classy, quality player. By far the best we've got at the moment. Fucking LOVE furious George.

George plays the game exactly how I imagine us fans would if we were playing!

He makes such a difference to this team itā€™s absolutely crucial he stays fit if weā€™re going to have any chance of attempting to survive

If you have a team that requires an immediate injection of energy, passion and determination..... then he's the man for the job isn't he....

Full blooded from the off and probably could have had a couple of early yellows... But it's sheer passion, not malice!..... He wants to win everything! He leads by example and leaves everytbing out there.

Watching him play, you could quite easily believe him to have been brought up in S2... to have stood on the terraces with his old man as a nipper.....etc etc

He loves this club.... and we love him ā¤ļøā¤ļø

Give him the armband now......

SIR george..... a true leader!
Should be captain will miss him big times when he goes in the Summer

Greece just pulled level in the pen shoot out. 2 pens each to go

Injured for Greece, haven't seen how bad,could do without this

I imagine the likelihood is heā€™ll be off in the summer, weā€™re in April soon and heā€™ll only have three months left on his deal. If itā€™s not happened now etc

Greece missed, Georgia need to score to go through

First time Georgia have qualified for major finals

Have it on good authority the Blades won't be extending George's contract. One of the highest earners at the club and will be getting released
Thatā€™s a massive shame if true. Shouldā€™ve been made captain before Anel but hampered by injuries lately.

Cracking player and seemed to improve year on year

Yet another Blades legend that shit circumstances has robbed us from giving a proper send off.

Add to the list with McGoldrick, Stevens, O'Connell, Fleck, Sharp, Duffy & (probably) Basham & (possibly) Egan too.

Hopefully he lands a decent deal elsewhere, always came across as a top lad.
Level headed, well articulated, but with fire in his belly and a lot of ability (particularly defensively).
Always gave the best interviews of any of our players.

We have to move on though. He's missing way too many games and if he's unwilling to adjust his demands to that reality then it leaves us no option. GLTTL.

One huge testament to Baldock is that he would have no trouble fitting into any United team over the last 60 years, no matter what the style of play. I could see him slotting into the early 1970s team, certainly into the Bassett-era, the Kendall/Spackman team, Warnockā€™s teams. He would have also lifted any of the iffy teams (late 70s, mid 80s, Adkins). You canā€™t say that about many players.

Heā€™s a really good player, but the best thing about Baldock is that when he plays we tend to play better as a team.

The difference he made in the run in last year was huge.

As big a reason as any, why we were promoted. Gave us some backbone and set the standards.

Bogle, more talented with a ball at his feet, has sadly not learned anything from Baldock about the other side of the game. Still coasts through and goes missing when we're up against it.
He could have gone much further if he had a fraction of Baldock's heart.

Have it on good authority the Blades won't be extending George's contract. One of the highest earners at the club and will be getting released
Will be sad to see him go. I can still remember watching us play MK Dons in League One and thinking how solid their right back that day looked. Quick, fiesty and wouldnā€™t give the oppo an inch. I was delighted when we signed him after getting promoted. I still remember there being lots of discussion at the time around a perfect player for our RWB position being a combination of Baldock and Freeman. We then arguably later had the same thing just with Bogle instead of Freeman. But it says a lot about Baldock that with every step up we took, so did he. He may have never brought the goal threat or danger in the final third we really wanted, but itā€™s to his huge credit that he took every step up in league in his stride and never looked out of place and was always one of our most consistent better performers. Thatā€™s not to talk about his attitude and what he has brought to the squad, which ever since he joined has been absolutely first class. Will be really sad to see him go and will always hold him in very high regard.

A proper Sheffield United player - unassuming, fire in the belly, run through brick walls, hard bastard. Not technically outstanding but if he'd mastered crossing a football he'd have been everything you could ever really ask for in a wing back at our level.

Cost us peanuts yet a key part of an unbelievable era for the club and crucial to the Wilder system getting us a whisker away from Europe. Then even when it all went to shit and he found himself behind Bogle, he just did what he does - grafted like fuck, earned his place in the team, then dragged us forward in true Furious George fashion.

I was hoping he'd stick around for a while yet as he's more than good enough for the Championship and would continue to be a great leader... but it's hard to argue that the time feels right if he can earn a wedge elsewhere whilst approaching the twilight of his career with injuries mounting. He's not what he once was and we can't justify that wage in the Championship for the returns we seem to be getting minutes-wise.

Also, I wouldn't begrudge him the opportunity to play Champions League football in Greece. He took us to the brink of European football and deserves a crack at it.

Like most of 'that' squad, I love the bloke to bits to be honest. End of another era.

Yet another Blades legend that shit circumstances has robbed us from giving a proper send off.

Add to the list with McGoldrick, Stevens, O'Connell, Fleck, Sharp, Duffy & (probably) Basham & (possibly) Egan too.

Hopefully he lands a decent deal elsewhere, always came across as a top lad.
Level headed, well articulated, but with fire in his belly and a lot of ability (particularly defensively).
Always gave the best interviews of any of our players.

We have to move on though. He's missing way too many games and if he's unwilling to adjust his demands to that reality then it leaves us no option. GLTTL.

I hope the club sort a testimonial for Bash and arrange for all of these players to play or attend so at least then they could have some sort of send off. The contract situation with Billy should've been ironed out as soon as promotion was confirmed, giving the Preston game the perfect opportunity as a send off for him, Stevens and JOC but unfortunately all we got was a half goodbye on the balcony of the town hall.

Back
Top Bottom