Sir George 🇬🇷⚔️

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Huge if true and would warrant a McGoldrick type send off.

Have it on good authority the Blades won't be extending George's contract. One of the highest earners at the club and will be getting released
Would say it’s the right call. Bogle is much more attacking than him and next season will be key. Also much younger.

We had them both in the championship but it’s not really smart financially. We had a dream team last time in championship. Now we may need the money elsewhere in the squad.

As much as George is a 100% committed player he has been as injury prone as McBurnie over the last few seasons, often missing large chunks at a time, but he doesn't get criticised for it due to his effort levels.

I'd rather give Baldock another year as he is a better defender than Bogle, who is a good winger but a woeful defender, even at Championship level. That would leave us with Curtis, who doesn't look ready for Championship level yet.

I have no problem with giving Bogle another year as a winger and play him higher up the pitch with Hamer and Arblaster, but forget it as a defender.

I can understand us needing to reduce the wage bill and George is 31 now, but we'd need to replace him long term and he would gain more in leaving to help him keep playing for Greece. So I guess sadly it's a no brainer that he has to leave.

My fave player. However on 38+ pw and prince doesn't want to pay/negotiate. Greek international. Not sure about Bogle. Personally don't think he will either. Not sure tho.

As much as George is a 100% committed player he has been as injury prone as McBurnie over the last few seasons, often missing large chunks at a time, but he doesn't get criticised for it due to his effort levels.

I'd rather give Baldock another year as he is a better defender than Bogle, who is a good winger but a woeful defender, even at Championship level. That would leave us with Curtis, who doesn't look ready for Championship level yet.

I have no problem with giving Bogle another year as a winger and play him higher up the pitch with Hamer and Arblaster, but forget it as a defender.

I can understand us needing to reduce the wage bill and George is 31 now, but we'd need to replace him long term and he would gain more in leaving to help him keep playing for Greece. So I guess sadly it's a no brainer that he has to leave.
Injury prone wise. Don't think it's been that bad apart from this season. Maybe I'm wrong.

Would say it’s the right call. Bogle is much more attacking than him and next season will be key. Also much younger.

We had them both in the championship but it’s not really smart financially. We had a dream team last time in championship. Now we may need the money elsewhere in the squad.
Hopefully we'll be moving to a back 4 next season, in which case we will need a more defensive RB.
Bogle can move into a more attacking role.

Gutted if true, but I hope he gets what he deserves at another club. Absolutely a proper blade and went on the journey with us. Still remember the shoulder drop and goal at Norwich and the thunderbolt against Swansea GLTTL.

Back
Top Bottom