Simon Moore

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Does anyone think we won't get a keeper in? It was on his list after all before the injury.

I'm putting a hit out on the next person to make a joke about bringing Jagielka back to be our goalkeeper cover.

Moore went to the bench when subbed, would be more worrying if it was straight to the treatment room. Probably not a bad sign.

I suggest we spend some of the 6 million we will be receiving in sell on fees on a good keeper...
How can we possibly do that, when kev has already pledged that cash to the "polish don valley" fund!!!

He's signed for Al-Hilal
That's the Prince's Saudi club. He's not President at the moment but has been for 8 years. He surely still has some influence.

He needs to pull some strings .....

gif of George Long right now anybody?

We should obviously wait till we know the full extent of the injury, but this doesn't really alter what was an immediate need anyway to get another keeper in. I seriously doubt Wilder has been sitting on his hands once Long was out the door, and would be amazed if he hadn't already planned to have Eastwood replaced as Moore's understudy. There are probably decent loan options we can explore for starters.

I imagine like me, they were not expecting a serious injury to our number 1
Wow! You admit that then? Thank God you're not the manager!

Every team, regardless of whether it's professional football or junior league, needs two capable keepers. Not rocket science.

This could be disastrous for Moore.

If it's any more than a month we could be pressed into getting a higher calibre keeper than we otherwise might have, and that keeper could keep him out of the team all season.

It's the first problem of any kind he's had so the timing is a real sickener for him. If he ended up being a number 2 again after doing that for 3 years at Cardiff, that would be very unfortunate.

I've mentioned Connor Ripley a few times, I would've liked us to sign him before this injury to Moore but even more so now. Might cost a bit but we've got the sell on fees and he'd be a good investment.

But that said, Eastwood looked impressive tonight. A few genuinely good saves and he dealt with the ball in the air. He also kicks it out of his hands better than Moore does.

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.

Or fail to prepare = Prepare to fail.

The 7 P's

Proper planning and preparation prevents piss poor performance.

We've needed a solid number 2 (no poo jokes) for longer than this evening imo.

Moore was using a crutch for his right leg , he came on the pitch at the end , to congratulate Eastwood who did very well

Moore was using a crutch for his right leg , he came on the pitch at the end , to congratulate Eastwood who did very well

Very impressed with young Eastwood. Didn't put a foot wrong

Brooks looks to be something special despite only getting a bit part tonight

Thought Lavery did well when he came on

My concern (apart from losing Moore) is up top. Personally, I don't think we are strong enough. It all looks a bit huff and puff and I think in the Championship we'll be found wanting, Goals make prizes, I hope it's not our achilles heel

Still a way to go so hopefully our weaknesses will be addressed. Wilder seemed a bit concerned in SSN interview stating it's out of his hands now, but we need to get these signings over the line. Said bid is in for Lundstram and it's up to Oxford now

We should obviously wait till we know the full extent of the injury, but this doesn't really alter what was an immediate need anyway to get another keeper in. I seriously doubt Wilder has been sitting on his hands once Long was out the door, and would be amazed if he hadn't already planned to have Eastwood replaced as Moore's understudy. There are probably decent loan options we can explore for starters.

Agree about the loan options.

But imo it deffo alters what we need for the keeper we sign. A number 2 to be happy in the bench behind Moore is no longer good enough. If it's not good news We need a genuine championship quality keeper, we can't afford to take a risk.

This might force our hand to splash out more than we would have done otherwise

I know he ain't the answer (yet anyway) but I thought Jake Eastwood was outstanding tonight. Didn't put a foot wrong and made some excellent saves.
Seen more in Eastwood ,than I saw in Long ,Ramsdale or Willis to be honest. In fact you can put Simonsen, Bunn and Howard in that group too.

Back
Top Bottom