Match Thread Sheffield United v. Southampton - Saturday 6th March 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
SOUT
SOUT
SOUT
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1614976665546.png v. 1614976674553.png
EPL Week 27 - Saturday 6th March 2021 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-southampton.535

Officials:

Referee:
Paul Tierney
Assistant Referee: Ian Hussin
Assistant Referee: Sian Massey-Ellis
Fourth Official: Geoff Eltringham
Video Assistant Referee: David Coote
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Timothy Wood

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

Screenshot 2021-03-06 at 13.42.26.png

Yeah I thought it was a typical fleck performance without seeing any of his high end driving runs. Lunny should be done here not saying that maliciously just it’s best now for all parties. Enda it’s a shame because his purple patch was so good but he just looks tired and leggy maybe he’ll return to form after a proper break but I think as club we should be planning for the worst case scenario that this is what he is as a player now.
what i cant understand is how some of our fans and theres plenty on here who cant see that lundstram hasnt given a toss about this club from day one and that missed tackle against wolves but im also annoyed with chris wilder for playing him game after game just not good enough chris

Obviously, bar us you mean.
i would imagine yes. we are the worst side to play at the lane, yet we keep doing it. How did the pigs get on, i havent had chance to look yet. I know they were losing and down to 10....

what i cant understand is how some of our fans and theres plenty on here who cant see that lundstram hasnt given a toss about this club from day one and that missed tackle against wolves but im also annoyed with chris wilder for playing him game after game just not good enough chris
I don’t necessarily think he’s been uncommitted from day one because he’s had some games when he’s been at it but he’s certainly been unsettled all season. I understand wilder playing him if he thinks that he’s the best available option to get us points. But now points don’t matter and with every game that goes by Lundstram will devote more of his attention to the contract he might get in the summer it’s human nature.

lundstram and stevens shouldnt play another game for us move em on this summer weve got rnd lowe and osborn for lb now and we can bring another player in for i dont give a shit lundstram ps any chance of the real chris wilder coming back anytime soon the one who had balls 🤔🤔🤔

I don’t necessarily think he’s been uncommitted from day one because he’s had some games when he’s been at it but he’s certainly been unsettled all season. I understand wilder playing him if he thinks that he’s the best available option to get us points. But now points don’t matter and with every game that goes by Lundstram will devote more of his attention to the contract he might get in the summer it’s human nature.
cant agree with you on this one yogi he hasnt had a good game all season imo

cant agree with you on this one yogi he hasnt had a good game all season imo
I get it’s opinion based mines based on the belief that the 3 month purple patch last year was just that and that Lundstram’s actual ability is closer to what we saw in the champ so I don’t expect and awful lot from him. But there have been performances and today is the worst where it wasn’t lack of ability it was lack of effort.

If they want people to try hard I'll put some dubbing on my Woolworths football boots. Trying hard is the very least you expect, employers in any kind of business up and down the country will take that as read, but employees up and down the country will get the sack 9 times out of 10 if that's all they've got
I agree 100%, they need replacing because they aren't good enough, not because they aren't trying (with the odd exception).

Reactions: SLB
at least we wont be playing the wednesday 🤣🤣🤣
I was going to say the Steel City Derby will be back in 2 seasons, if The Pigs dont get promoted at the first attempt. Todays performance was League 1 standard. Their first win in 10. LOL. PMSL. If you are in distress (Liverpool, Fulham, Sotn) play United. You'll be alright after that....

I think one of CW,s big mistakes this season is not bringing RND back in Jan , enda has been sub standard all season and he has no faith in Osborn or lowe . That and his blind spot on lundsrum is frustrating to say the least ,and Chris I'm not a punter I'm a bladesman !

There is also a worrying trend today. Unnecessary and petulant fouling. It's a real sign of a weak mentality. That shit better be cut out soon or it will fester and impact next season. McBurnie's attitude near the end was not productive.

The players seems to have got to the, " If their not going to bother why should I" stage.
Next season no matter where we are has got to be about a hell of a lot of moving on, because if they try to stick a patch over what's happened this season, it'll be just the same again.
Of course the BIG problem is going to be the only ones others will want, are the one's we can't afford to lose ... :tumbleweed:

Just watched the 'highlights' on MOTD. Not sure if it's been mentioned anywhere and I am sure VAR would have checked it (wouldn't they?!) but Armstrong looked well offside in the build up to Adams' goal. I presume this is what Lundstram was appealing for.

i want to cut defence some slack, because we are currently on our 7th & 8th choice CB to partner ampadu. i thought we were decent in the 1st half. it was a even half. 1 tackling mistake separated the team. even Brewster aas setting in & have good run of form last 2 games. but need better decisions in final third. like all season. i love mcgoldrick my player of the year. but why did he try to chip the tallest GK in PL

its a shame that they dreadful 2nd half. all started with sloppy goal in opening mins of the 2nd half. will mask that & wilder comments overall spot on

Just watched the 'highlights' on MOTD. Not sure if it's been mentioned anywhere and I am sure VAR would have checked it (wouldn't they?!) but Armstrong looked well offside in the build up to Adams' goal. I presume this is what Lundstram was appealing for.
thought exactly the same wasnt checked of course and no mention on motd mind we deserved nothing today if we had lost 5 - 0 we couldnt have complained

Back
Top Bottom