Match Thread Sheffield United v. Newcastle United - 5th Dec 19

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
NEWC
NEWC
NEWC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin

1575371190634.png v. 1575371198592.png
EPL Week 15 - Thursday 5th December 2019 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-newcastle-united.479/

Officials:

Referee:
Stuart Attwell
Assistant Referee: Richard West
Assistant Referee: Derek Eaton
Fourth Official: Jarred Gillett
Video Assistant Referee: Andre Marriner
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Scott Ledger

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Amazon Prime can be viewed via a free trial, please see http://www.amazon.co.uk/tryprimefree?tag=s24com05-21 for details.

Screenshot 2019-12-03 at 11.09.10.png

Fucking hell, what a shambles.

No-one was even trying, even Newcastle players stopped. Linesman can fuck off, keep the flag down so we keep playing ffs
They are told, if in any doubt, to flag and leave it to VAR to sort - we stopped playing.

I've turned it off. Schoolboy from Henderson. It's alright playing to the whistle but now it can be reviewed by VAR you've gotta play past the whistle. Toothless and shite

I'd walk off. Absolute disgrace.

Hendo was pointing to the flag and not trying, you say play to the whistle yeah, but it's not like he's assumed he was off and not bothered, everyone looked at the linesman. Keep your flag down and go to VAR do be sure and put it up.

So would I. Its gonna take something drastic to happen for them to change VAR. Let us be that fucking team because as soon as VAR is changed we can get the game we love back. Football is fucked right now.

They are told, if in any doubt, to flag and leave it to VAR to sort - we stopped playing.
If they’re in doubt, they should be told to leave their flag down because it just causes confusion. Just get rid of linesmen all together if their decisions are meaningless...simplify it

The interesting scenario was Sunday when they did that Penalty Check after everyone had stopped playing

What Bruce has done is suss out our wide supply channels and doubled up on both flanks. We haven’t got in behind all night which is worrying if others take note.

The linesman flags offside, our players stop as they believe the offside is correct then we're mugged by bullshit VAR. If Shelvey hadn't have shot they wouldn't have even bothered reviewing and he only shot to take the piss. Even he thought he was offside.

Football is dead. Well done Premier League. You've surpassed yourselves for ruining the game tonight. 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Not how it works nowadays. The players will have been drilled in this. They need to play to the whistle.
What’s the point in flagging at all then...if everything is going to the eye in the sky, what’s the benefit of the linesmen being present and indicating decisions that are ultimately meaningless??????

He did blow. Because the flag was up
If that's the case then I didn't hear it. If the whistle was blown before the ball was put in the net then you cannot possibly give a goal.

Still lost it because we haven't taken our chances and can't break down a team who park the bus.

You'll always lose games, just didn't turn up to this, but that VAR goal was a reyt state and no-one will convince me otherwise.

Go off at the nearest touchline. Another rule that doesn't seem to ever be applied.

For the 2nd time. They are only supposed to flag whilst play is ongoing if a defo offside. He did flag. Therefore it shouldnt have gone to var cos our players stopped.

For the 2nd time. They are only supposed to flag whilst play is ongoing if a defo offside. He did flag. Therefore it shouldnt have gone to var cos our players stopped.

Just a massive can of worms.

It'll get cleared up by the PL and the PGMOL but it's fucked up bareback tonight.

I think tonight's defeat stems from resting mcgoldrick and mousset, just the side that's on a roll and change it around when we have to

Back
Top Bottom