Match Thread Sheffield United v. Newcastle United - 12th January 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
NEWC
NEWC
NEWC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1610398443673.png v. 1610398451062.png
EPL Week 18 - Tuesday 12th January 2021 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-newcastle-united.526/

Officials:

Referee:
Andy Madley
Assistant Referee: Eddie Smart
Assistant Referee: Derek Eaton
Fourth Official: Lee Mason
Video Assistant Referee: Robert Jones
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Mark Scholes

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

1610471392134.png

Last edited:

Ramsdale has been told to sweep, therefore he will rush out and he will retreat waiting for the defence to defend! Christ cut the players some slack everyone!!
I think he's looked ok and I think he makes good decisions when to sweep too. He does usually drop the ball at least once a game but didn't today and whatever that was going on with his eye I wish they'd sorted it as I was expecting somebody to hit a long range shot and him to miss it. But first clean sheet so onwards!

This victory - secured thanks to Billy Sharp's 73rd-minute penalty - has given them belated hope of pulling off what would rank as the greatest escape act

We at last looked like last years team .We looked great going forward even if we have trouble scoring but we look shit dropping back inviting them on to us.Keep going forward lads and we have a chance . Great for our stopper getting a clean sheet.should do him a lot of good.Bogle looks like a bargain .love how he takes on players,at this rate Boldock might have a problem.Osbourn is a right grafter and crosses a good ball.Great for Billy to get his 100 goal for us.At last something has gone right for us . I LOVE VAR HA HA

For the first time this season I went for a dump during the match (In my defence I was very nervous). After two minutes of parking my backside on the throne, Billy pops in the winner.
Now I'm not wanting to take any credit but you know what this means for the rest of the season. 🤣

That was more like us, and that's the way we have to approach and play every game from now on.

Just need a bit of confidence upfront, we're still missing too many chances, but if we set out to win games and defend from the front line we'll start to defend better and stick a chance or two away as well.

It was always going to be panic stations after we'd scored considering what was at stake, but it would have been a travesty if Newcastle had equalised.

For the first time this season I went for a dump during the match (In my defence I was very nervous). After two minutes of parking my backside on the throne, Billy pops in the winner.
Now I'm not wanting to take any credit but you know what this means for the rest of the season. 🤣

What's your address and your favourite curry?

Because Newcastle are shite haven’t seen a team so dire n negative
What about when Fat Bruce brought the pigs to the lane? Set up exactly the same. As well as we played, he rolled over and died against the team with the worst form in a Europe.
He’s made a very good living (as many have) out of being a fucking bang average manager at best, with the occasional good season.
Fat whining cunt moaning about a penalty (that was by the way) and a foul by Billy (which also was a red by the way)
But he set up to bore his way to a draw. Has he watched us this season? If I were a Newcastle fan, I would be seething. Dozy, one dimensional, fat whining, living off his playing career, odious cunt.

very glad we took what we learnt from the fa cup game. returning to that high tempo high pressure game with the work rate back. in hindsight Everton & Palace were slow & that just wont play to our strengths. but we know that win was coming. when you look back shouldve beaten villa with the penalty, fulham, WBA & Brighton we have 1 issue still as proven with majority of game as that we need a striker to put away the mountains of chances we create & its great reward for loyalty because people were calling for big Sam but he's just proven the grass isnt always greener. 1pt & out of the fa cup

Newcastle fans cant say anything about VAR, more than happy to gloat 12 months ago. when 21 players stopped for offside & shelvey (i mistakenly earlier said carroll) put it in the net for laugh, expecting a telling off & yet it was given. so they got take rough with the smooth. 19/20 was smooth 20/21 is the rough. not that deserved anything. like Norwich & West Ham found out. as a recent famous song says "
all I think about is karma & then the world moves on, but one thing's for sure. Maybe I got mine, but you'll always get yours"

We showed heart, played high tempo football and that payed off. Obviously Newcastle is not very good, but if we are able to play like this against other teams as well, we should be getting a lot of points since we're hard to beat if we play our own game.

What about when Fat Bruce brought the pigs to the lane? Set up exactly the same. As well as we played, he rolled over and died against the team with the worst form in a Europe.
He’s made a very good living (as many have) out of being a fucking bang average manager at best, with the occasional good season.
Fat whining cunt moaning about a penalty (that was by the way) and a foul by Billy (which also was a red by the way)
But he set up to bore his way to a draw. Has he watched us this season? If I were a Newcastle fan, I would be seething. Dozy, one dimensional, fat whining, living off his playing career, odious cunt.
I have a feeling you are not his biggest fan.

FANS REACT VIDEO:

Sections include:
  • First half
  • Second half
  • Ratings
  • Positives and negatives x2...my fault
  • Where do we go from here....sort of.

Back
Top Bottom