sheffield united v liverpool good home record since 1992

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

blade too long

weve come home
Reaction score

We also beat them 1-0 in the League Cup in 1978 when they were reigning European Champions and played a full strength team whilst we were a division 2 team.

I’ve seen us play Liverpool about 6 times and we’ve only lost ONCE. We seem to be their bogie side when playing at the Lane.
Think it was the first match of the season in 1989-90 in Bassetts first putting us back in the top flight.

That dodgy point for Liverpool from the 2006 game (or should I say loss of 2 points due to a terrible refereeing decision in favour o”Steve”) cost us 12 yrs

Was it a dodgy decision though.

I remember the Match of the Day panel saying there doesn’t need to be contact to be a foul.
They said in the rule book intent to foul putting off a player is still classed as a foul.
I thought it was a dive due to there be no contact but the supposed experts in the studio looked at the replays and explained it was definitely a penalty.

I remember the Match of the Day panel saying there doesn’t need to be contact to be a foul.
They said in the rule book intent to foul putting off a player is still classed as a foul.
I thought it was a dive due to there be no contact but the supposed experts in the studio looked at the replays and explained it was definitely a penalty.
MOTD twats were backing their "boy" Steeeeeevie Geeeeeeee. He dived. Fact. He did it many times in his career.

He wasn't even in the area

Everton have won as many trophies in the last quarter of a century as we have home points against Liverpool. That form is amazing

We also beat them 1-0 in the League Cup in 1978 when they were reigning European Champions and played a full strength team whilst we were a division 2 team.

I’ve seen us play Liverpool about 6 times and we’ve only lost ONCE. We seem to be their bogie side when playing at the Lane.
Think it was the first match of the season in 1989-90 in Bassetts first putting us back in the top flight.
was that the one when they tried to kill simon tracy and pembo went in goal?

one of the very few highlights of the time

Match: League Cup, Second Round, at Bramall Lane, kick-off: 19:30.
Sheffield United – Liverpool 1-0 (1-0).
Attendance: 35,753.
Referee: Mr. D.W. Lloyd.
Sheffield United (4-4-2): Steve Conroy, John Cutbush, John Matthews, Andy Keeley, Paul Garner, Mick Speight, Alex Sabella, Simon Stainrod, Gary Hamson, Alan Woodward, Steve Finnieston.
Substitute: Colin Franks for Finnieston after 64 min.
Liverpool (4-4-2): Ray Clemence, Phil Neal, Phil Thompson, Emlyn Hughes, Alan Kennedy, Jimmy Case, Terry McDermott, Graeme Souness, Ray Kennedy, Steve Heighway, Kenny Dalglish.
Substitute: David Fairclough for Case after 70 min.
Bookings: Case, McDermott, Neal, Dalglish.
The goal: 1-0 Hamson (10 min.).

Sheffield United (4-4-2): Steve Conroy, John Cutbush, John Matthews, Andy Keeley, Paul Garner, Mick Speight, Alex Sabella, Simon Stainrod, Gary Hamson, Alan Woodward, Steve Finnieston.
Liverpool (4-4-2): Ray Clemence, Phil Neal, Phil Thompson, Emlyn Hughes, Alan Kennedy, Jimmy Case, Terry McDermott, Graeme Souness, Ray Kennedy, Steve Heighway, Kenny Dalglish.

Some legends there...

Not a bad Pool line up either.

Just look at that Liverpool team! Only thing wrong is that Hamson scored in the second half, not as early as the 10th minute.

Was a great game and night
Pity about next round and that plank in goal v dirties

Threw himself on the floor for a penalty at their place as well.
Made a career out of being a cheating twat...in the knowledge that he'd have the pro-scouse media beind him.

"Stevie Gee" my arse. Rank average player at his level, relying on his "legend" to make him into something he never was.

I'll hate him until the day I die. Hypocritical diving cunt.

What made the Gerrard penalty even worse what that in the interview afterwards, Mike Dean stated that Morgan had intended to foul him. Fuck me, he can't see a dive but can read peoples minds. WANKER

I don't think I've ever seen any footage of this game. Anyone know if any exists / would exist? (Were the goals on Sportsnight / ITV?)

TBF. The Liverpool fans I know all say that he dived on that day and they’re actually quite proud of him for doing it😡😡.
Richarlisson was doing the same thing today but thankfully the ref wasn’t having any of his play acting😀. UTB ⚔️⚔️⚔️

Some Blades links in that Liverpool side:

Steve Heighway grew up supporting the Blades, while Phil Thompson... played for us, shall we say.

Made a career out of being a cheating twat...in the knowledge that he'd have the pro-scouse media beind him.

"Stevie Gee" my arse. Rank average player at his level, relying on his "legend" to make him into something he never was.

I'll hate him until the day I die. Hypocritical diving cunt.

I always think peak Gerrard was the infamous slip game against Chelsea. What killed Liverpool that day was not Gerrard's mistake that led to Ba's goal. It was that Gerrard went full Stevie Me after the goal in an attempt to atone, as if it wasn't a game of football but he own personal redemptive arc. Hollywood balls, shots from 30 yards, anything he could think of so that he could be the hero after his mistake. It was an awful performance from a very selfish player.

I remember Didi Hamman writing in his autobiography that Paul Gascoigne would never have been lionised in Germany the way he was in England after the 1990 Semi Final. He went to pieces after his booking, only concerned with missing the final, but his team still needed him. Hamman compared that with Ballack who dragged Germany into the Final in 2002 even though he knew he'd miss it. Gerrard was like Gascoigne, making it all about himself when he could have helped Liverpool come back against Chelsea.

What made the Gerrard penalty even worse what that in the interview afterwards, Mike Dean stated that Morgan had intended to foul him. Fuck me, he can't see a dive but can read peoples minds. WANKER
Rob Styles, not Mike Dean, was the ref

Back
Top Bottom