Match Thread Sheffield United v. Everton - 2nd September 2023

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
EVER
EVER
EVER
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1693525124466.png vs. 1693525131654.png

Premier League Matchweek 4 - Saturday 2nd September 2023 - 12:30 - Bramall Lane
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-everton.660/

Officials:

Referee: Andy Madley
Assistants: Harry Lennard, Nick Hopton
Fourth Official: Jeremy Simpson
VAR: Simon Hooper
Assistant VAR: Akil Howson

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su
Threads: https://www.threads.net/@s24su
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/s24su/

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

VPNAd.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2023-09-01 at 00.38.10.png

Neither teams strikers can score for peanuts. Although Beto did score on his debut.

Heart says 1-0 to the mighty Blades
Head says 0-1 to Everton

A must win …

…..but Everton are better than the results they have had, they should have been out of sight against Wolves before falling to the sucker punch, and have since added the impressive looking Beto upfront.

hope for a win or draw but I reckon 0-2 Everton will be the result.

Wes

Baldock Anel Egan JLT Larouci

Norwood

Souza Hamer

Archer McBurnie

1-0 Blades ((McBurnie)

Referee Andy Madeley.

He very recently did a Champions League game in Hacken...........Traore's owd club

Last game he did of ours was quite a few moons ago in the FA Cup 21st Mar 2021..........lost 2-0.........no one was booked or sent off.....but beware in the last Prem game he booked 10 and sent one off.......Wolves v Brighton

1693582217512.jpeg
H

Feeling surprisingly confident we'll get all 3 points, think we have the element of surprise.
Still find it weird how the media have failed to report that we've basically forfeited our first 3 games
as the month of August as been treat like pre-season.

We're still not up to full fitness or full strength but we're now starting to get nearer our best line up.

Think we'll probably win 2-0, at worse will be 2-1 Blades win....McBurnie will score one.
Ticket sales going well, only bits left....attendance 31,410.

The media are so ill informed.

Been listening to Talk sport the last few days and every single person (pundit) gives us no chance because stats show we've hardly had a shot, never mind score.

Not one expert has realised that the club have basically forfeited the month of August....almost accepting 3 defeats before the season starts.
The experts in the media still don't seem to realise we put out out weakest teams in 6 years against Palace.
That side was close to a side we'd put out in the early rounds of the EFL Cup.

They think we played really well against Man City but don't realise we didn't have a strike force.

The media haven't picked up that we started the season with a much weaker team than the team in the Championship
They don't realise that we're still almost in pre-season and just now starting to find our feet.

McBurnie and Archer is a massive upgrade on Osula and Traore.
Also we started the season with zero creativity in midfield, so the addition of Hamer and McAtee totally transforms our midfield.

The only issue is that we're still in pre-season learning on the job.
So we could be down at the bottom allowing low confidence to affect confidence before we'd got our season going.

Well here we are, season starts after United decided to waive the month of August to sort the Squad.

I hope if we do go down it's not by 1 point or goal or something stupid or we will curse that palace throwing in the towel game.

Got to win this one really

Tough match (aren’t they all? ☹️)
Dyche will have them up for this one. DCL may be back (touch and go according to Dyche) and that Beto looks a unit

I’m going with:

Wes

Baldock Anel Egan JLT Thomas

Souza

Davies Hamer

Archer McBurnie

If Davies isn’t ready then Norwood in that position
Shame about Macca.
Wonder when Trusty gets a look in?

Its going to take time to gel,
Two poor teams, has a draw written all over it, but i think we'll lose 0-1 utb

Palace was a poor team but lost by one goal. Florist, we should have won and showed some good football. Man City, to get a sniff of a draw was nore than most could have hoped for. Everton....hopefully we get the best of the Florist game with the tenacity if the City game. Season opener...hope we are WELL up for it, I think we will be.

Pissed away the first month of the season. Players nowhere near fit enough and a change in transfer strategy 2 weeks prior to the season beginning due to player departures has put us on the back foot straight away.

Must win or at the very least, must not lose game tomorrow. If we lose I fear confidence will be hard to find, especially seeing the next 7/8 games following tomorrow. UTB

Really hard one to call tomorrow. It's a shame McAtee wasn't signed in time to play, but we have the start of a McB and Archer partnership to look forward to, and it should be set up for Davies to stick one back at the Everton fans who seemed to detest him.

Just keep it tight at the back, trust the lads in the middle, then see what we can create up top.

A nervy 2-1 Blades. Hamer and Anel with the goals. Davies with an assist.

---------------------------Wes----------------------------
-------------Anel--------Egan------JLT-----------------
Baldock----------------------------------------Thomas
--------------------------Souza---------------------------
----------------Hamer-----------Davies----------------
-----------------------------McBurnie-------------------
----------------------Archer------------------------------

Davies
Bash/Trusty
Bogle
Larouci
Norwood
Slimane
Brooks
Traore
Osula

Really hard one to call tomorrow. It's a shame McAtee wasn't signed in time to play, but we have the start of a McB and Archer partnership to look forward to, and it should be set up for Davies to stick one back at the Everton fans who seemed to detest him.

Just keep it tight at the back, trust the lads in the middle, then see what we can create up top.

A nervy 2-1 Blades. Hamer and Anel with the goals. Davies with an assist.

---------------------------Wes----------------------------
-------------Anel--------Egan------JLT-----------------
Baldock----------------------------------------Thomas
--------------------------Souza---------------------------
----------------Hamer-----------Davies----------------
-----------------------------McBurnie-------------------
----------------------Archer------------------------------

Davies
Bash/Trusty
Bogle
Larouci
Norwood
Slimane
Brooks
Traore
Osula
I think Davies is injured. He’s certainly not fit.

I think Davies is injured. He’s certainly not fit.

I thought it was lack of fitness rather than an injury..? We'll see I suppose, but I am sure he will be up for this if he can play, even if just for an hour.

1-1 this time. Next time we beat them handily after more injures have taken its toll on them. The new lads continue to show improvement . 🙂

Let's continue with the policy (it also worked well in 2019/20) of keeping it tight at the back.

We'll create chances if all the players we now have at our disposal gel.

In response to some comments

The media are very lazy and can’t be arsed with little old fashioned Sheff U , we’re not the story - we’re insignificant. So , just report the seemingly obvious and belittle and disrespect is ala Garth Crooks

Utd have recruited three really good additions- Archer , Macatee and Hamer . We have others who we can develop and may add to the squad capability . Which is promising .

We many who are untried and tested and we have not recruited effectively to replace Doyle’s drive , skill and energy so we revert to Norwood who has regressed since the second half of last season . We are also very weak at left wing back and undoubtedly up front and goalie cover . Our confidence and resilience will be fragile if we pick up any more injuries and / or don’t start to get off the mark with points .

Lots of its or buts and gaps remaining to compete sufficiently in a league of this class and strength .

The media are so ill informed.

Been listening to Talk sport the last few days and every single person (pundit) gives us no chance because stats show we've hardly had a shot, never mind score.

Not one expert has realised that the club have basically forfeited the month of August....almost accepting 3 defeats before the season starts.
The experts in the media still don't seem to realise we put out out weakest teams in 6 years against Palace.
That side was close to a side we'd put out in the early rounds of the EFL Cup.

They think we played really well against Man City but don't realise we didn't have a strike force.

The media haven't picked up that we started the season with a much weaker team than the team in the Championship
They don't realise that we're still almost in pre-season and just now starting to find our feet.

McBurnie and Archer is a massive upgrade on Osula and Traore.
Also we started the season with zero creativity in midfield, so the addition of Hamer and McAtee totally transforms our midfield.

The only issue is that we're still in pre-season learning on the job.
So we could be down at the bottom allowing low confidence to affect confidence before we'd got our season going.
I was listening to talksort all day and every pundit bar one had us to win or draw

Just got a feeling VAR is gunna be front and centre today.

Bring on the morning beers and 3 points. DEM BLADES!!

Beto completely fluffed a chance against Donny before he scored his goal, he's nothing to fear, not at this level anyway.
I do think they'll score though so we'll need 2.
They were hopeless against crosses last week so hopefully Egan and Anel can punish them at set pieces.
I think we'll do it.
2-1 Archer and Hamer.

We've registered less shots than anybody in the league hopefully this changes today it needs and has too, I think the lads will be well up for it I'm going 2-0 blades!!

Feeling nervous about this one. Glad it's an early KO as my nails are already chewed off

2-0 blades. Archer, Hamer....... please god

Beto completely fluffed a chance against Donny before he scored his goal, he's nothing to fear, not at this level anyway.
I do think they'll score though so we'll need 2.
They were hopeless against crosses last week so hopefully Egan and Anel can punish them at set pieces.
I think we'll do it.
2-1 Archer and Hamer.

I do think Hamers corners are top notch and where we will get alot of our goals this season.

Sadly none of them will come from Egans triangle head lol. (How class is Kurt Zouma btw)

think its a must win game but fancy it to be a 1 - 1 draw dont think everton are going to be the pushover that most blades seem to think they will be dyche will have them fired up for this one

Back
Top Bottom