Match Thread Sheffield United v. Everton - 20th July 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
EVER
EVER
EVER
Status
Ratings for this match closed
Ref is Stuart Attwell,he did our 2-2 at Chelsea and our 0-2 at home versus Newcastle.

VAR is Martin Atkinsons job.

Not_a_Cheat used to do these.

So we are on to the penultimate game, with realistically needing to win both for our first ever European qualifying position. One game at a time, but certainly won't take this game as a given, but after that debacle, I'm remarkably confident....

But anyway...

Any team news? :)

Fleck surely starting?

Otherwise unchanged?

I'm hoping from a response after the lacklustre performance at Leicester. I guess it's the hope that kills you. Lol. Anyway 3 nil Blades win with Fleck getting the first goal.

UTB

I think it's likely to remain fairly unchanged, I have been critical of Mcburnie in the past but his work rate his increased and I think I would leave him and Mcgoldrick upfront. I would however bring Zivko on instead if Mousset later on in the match when he usually takes one of the strikers off. Would be nice to see Fleck back on too.

At least we were pretty shit as a team last week so I would expect a pretty decent response.

I think it's likely to remain fairly unchanged, I have been critical of Mcburnie in the past but his work rate his increased and I think I would leave him and Mcgoldrick upfront. I would however bring Zivko on instead if Mousset later on in the match when he usually takes one of the strikers off. Would be nice to see Fleck back on too.

At least we were pretty shit as a team last week so I would expect a pretty decent response.
I'd like to see Fleck start and move Osborn to LWB - think Enda has been out of sorts recently. Would stick with with McG and McB up top - hope we see the Chelsea version and not the Leicester one.

So we are on to the penultimate game, with realistically needing to win both for our first ever European qualifying position. One game at a time, but certainly won't take this game as a given, but after that debacle, I'm remarkably confident....

But anyway...

Any team news? :)

Fleck surely starting?

Otherwise unchanged?

I'm hoping from a response after the lacklustre performance at Leicester. I guess it's the hope that kills you. Lol. Anyway 3 nil Blades win with Fleck getting the first goal.

UTB

Yes I did it but s24su have been starting their own so I waited lol.

UTB

Perhaps surprising to go unchanged again – thought Fleck might start, though in fairness he didn’t exactly impress off the bench.

Prediction: Clarke to get his final moment on the Bramall Lane turf at the end of today...

No shock that Mousse isn't fit to be part of the squad.

As for the game, Everton have a lot to prove after a fairly unimpressive post-lockdown period.

Another youngster handed their debut against us tonight. Hopefully unlike last time out we can offer a bit more of a test.

Some on Twitter reporting a Wilder/Mousset bust up after Leicester.

Obviously it's Twitter so take it as you will..

Hope it's not a bust up, nobody ever seems to recover from pissing Wilder off.

Interesting that Amazon Prime have built a platform in the Kop today John St end.

A Wilder love-in so far – Gabby Logan, Kevin Campbell, Michael Brown, Ally McCoist all glowing with praise.

Haven’t watched any of the previous Amazon coverage – have to say I’ve quite liked it, always thought Logan’s an excellent presenter, and the talk about us was all very knowledgable.

We’ll probably lose horribly after I’ve said that.

Based on that so far: better than at Leicester. Not as good as recent home games. We’re pressing and incepting much better, but not quite passing crisply in the last third.

Haven’t watched any of the previous Amazon coverage – have to say I’ve quite liked it, always thought Logan’s an excellent presenter, and the talk about us was all very knowledgable.

We’ll probably lose horribly after I’ve said that.
Agree, but some of the long closeup shots on individual players rather than showing the match has been pissing me off

Back
Top Bottom