Match Thread Sheffield United v. Everton - 20th July 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
EVER
EVER
EVER
Status
Ratings for this match closed
Ref is Stuart Attwell,he did our 2-2 at Chelsea and our 0-2 at home versus Newcastle.

VAR is Martin Atkinsons job.

Not_a_Cheat used to do these.

So we are on to the penultimate game, with realistically needing to win both for our first ever European qualifying position. One game at a time, but certainly won't take this game as a given, but after that debacle, I'm remarkably confident....

But anyway...

Any team news? :)

Fleck surely starting?

Otherwise unchanged?

I'm hoping from a response after the lacklustre performance at Leicester. I guess it's the hope that kills you. Lol. Anyway 3 nil Blades win with Fleck getting the first goal.

UTB

Just need that bit of class in and around the box, a younger, Premier League quality Duffy please!

Not enough in final third but tbh our strikers aren't lively enough too often anyway at this level.

That's one area we really need to improve next season as we can't expect to be so miserly at the back again.

Oh sorry, he’s been excellent since the restart and made a really really great effort to go and win the header.

Forgot we couldn’t give opinions on here unless we’re lashing them with praise.

In fairness....No player should be judged on the post lock down form.

Its a totally unnnatural way of playing...which they’ve never done in the past whilst turning pro.
The current situation of playing every 3 days in front of no crowd isn’t why they became pro footballers.
These matches are more like friendlies with minimal preparation and we all know stories of players who are crap in training but turn it on during 90 minutes of a match.
We also here stories of players who are world beaters in training...then come match day they struggle to turn it on.
I would take recent great performances or recent poor performances with a pinch of salt.

Normally you can always rely on our players to give 100% but even that’s difficult when your playing every 3 days in the middle of Summer.

We're getting crowded out down the flanks in the final third. Ancelotti has done his homework.

Two teams who are already thinking about the off-season. Just slightly edged on the day.

I'd have loved Europe but this restart has really made me wonder how we would have coped.

It's been a great ride and obviously no shame in missing out.

Some work in pre-season clearly required but some look like they need a rest.

Wow what a frustrating half of football to watch. I'm sick and tired of Leicester being on the floor. We certainly need that bit of edge at the top. I absolutely trust Wilder will work on that over the break. Surely he must be seeing it as well.

Two huge games and barely tested either keeper at all.

A shame it's ended this way but let's keep the perspective.

What a f in brilliant season. Going out with a bit of a damp squib but top half not crapping ourselves about staying up is more than good enough for.me.

We’re lacking a bit of guile, craft and flair, particularly in that ‘10’ position. Although those players aren’t exactly 2-a-penny!

It looked like we had no urgency for most of the game since going behind!? Did they not know this game was pretty much win or bust?

Back
Top Bottom