Match Thread Sheffield United v. Derby County - 25th September 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
DERB
DERB
DERB
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1632473178483.png v. 1632473185802.png
Championship Week 9 - Saturday 25th September 2021 - 15:00 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - Sheffield United vs Derby County

Officials:

Referee:
David Webb
Assistant Referee: Matthew McGrath
Assistant Referee: James Wilson
Fourth Official: Tom Nield

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

Early 90s we had a game like that against Derby. Shelton was superb that day. Late strike into the right hand side of the goal just in front of me. Kop went wild it was an amazing celebration have thought this is going to go nilnil.
I have a vague memory of us beating Portsmouth 1-0 with a late og when they had about 3 sent off.

just got back, all i can say is, Thank Fuck For That!

Reactions: Dkc
95% there today, the final little bit just wasn't coming off for us and that's dangerous when you can get done at the back like we can.

Deserved the win but United just took a couple of years off my life with the way they got it.

Thought Norwood was fantastic today, got his pinging boots on. RND good in duels and driving on, but needs to pay more attention to what's around him. MGW and Ndiaye had flashes but as I said, just wasn't coming off. Bill missed 2 what should have been goals or saves in the first half, and plenty of other should've beens from Osborn, Ndiaye, Stevens, but we got the 3 points and that's all that matters.

We need a goal desperately and he doesn’t put on Brewster? Not a good sign for him..

Yes, we need a goal, let's put the player on who hasn't scored for us in the league in 30+ attempts.

I'm no Brewster hater but I wouldn't have put him on either, McBurnie scored on Tuesday.

All the changes had assists or goals in the last week.

Yes, we need a goal, let's put the player on who hasn't scored for us in the league in 30+ attempts.

I'm no Brewster hater but I wouldn't have put him on either, McBurnie scored on Tuesday.

All the changes had assists or goals in the last week.
Not saying I disagree but to me that basically says once everyone is back he won’t make the bench even..

Love a win like that. Two most creative players (Ndiaye and MGW) not fully at it but we grafted and got the points. Shows we can do it even when not 100%, something we did numerous times in the promotion season

We need a goal desperately and he doesn’t put on Brewster? Not a good sign for him..
Mcburnie scored midweek and we were dominating possession. Wouldn’t have been able to utilise pace or skill due to the fact derby parked the bus. Best chance of scoring would have been from a cross so mcburnie was the correct choice

Reactions: Dkc
A win's a win but we made hard work of it and have their Roos and Davies to thank for some madness. We had more of the ball first half but it was about even on good chances. We started a bit better second half but until a moment of madness not really creating a great amount of clear cut chances. We move the ball far too slowly and are still far too interested in passing sideways or backwards instead of taking a chance. Derby looked fairly ponderous as well.

Olsen - 5.5 - Didn't have the greatest amount to do but spilled a simple shot and palmed away a couple into dangerous areas he should be holding. Not entirely convinced by him so far.
RND - 5 - Thought again he wasn't very good. Got turned early. I'm not convinced by him and think Stevens will start next game
Davies - 6 - Some sloppy passes again and He's one I'd expect more from. Should have done better with a header at the end. Needs to be stronger. Still, a big improvement on Robinson.
Egan 6.5 - I thought he got turned right at the end but managed to get back and get a block in. Generally ok, but we do struggle with high balls.
Baldock - 7 - Put some great crosses in first half and looked to inject some speed going forward in the second. Always a threat.
Fleck - 6 - A mixed bag. He gave the ball away badly first half and was lucky to get away with it. When he drives forward he looks good but on the back foot seems to slow things down and often dawdles on the ball too much.
Norwood - 5 5 - When he actually looks to play forward he looks much better but he's constantly looking to go sideways or backwards. Slowing things down all the time. You can see the frustration in front of him.
Osborn - 6.5- Thought he put some good balls in today but no one attacking them in the box. He does tend to check back when he should try and beat a man.
Gibbs-White - 6.5 - I thought he was poor first half. The worst half of football he played for us. He was getting frustrated with the slowness of service and made some bad decision. When they were down to 10 he looked much better. It didn't quite work for him but he always looked to cause them problems.
Ndiaye 6.5 - I thought he was far too lightweight first half. Put a shift in and you can;t fault him for that but gets caught on the ball too much. Need to make decisions on the ball quicker. Looked much more dangerous when given space when they were down to 10.
Sharp - 6.5 - Should have done much better with a shot after controlling well first half. Then had a terrible header completely unmarked. Drew the foul from the keeper and got the red but his screaming at the ref for a foul made him not play advantage! Good to see him tuck the penalty away. He makes some really good runs but not really his day for finishing.

Subs

McBurnie - 5.5 - Gave a load of unnecessary fouls away and allowed them to get the ball up the pitch later on. Comes back and links up ok but needs to show more leading the line.
Stevens - 6 - Had a shot over when he flashed at it and I think he looks better than RND.
Hourihane - 6 - Not greatly involved when he came on.

Slav - 6 - If they hadn't gone down to 10-men I'm not convinced we'd score. Still, a clean sheet was well overdue. He needs to egt them playing quicker though.

Derby were either going to come out fighting or be so, so depressed. As it happens it was the latter but our first half was not so much welcome to the jungle as welcome to the garden as we tried to pass them into submission.

MGW & Ndiaye not quite as influential but we got the job done thanks to the ever reliable Billy Sharp.

UTB

Thought Osborn was very good today, possibly our MOM. Stevens played well when he finally came on. Olsen had another dicey moment but he looks an improvement on what we had. Billy played well again, but didn't need to square up to their fans at the end.

God knows what the reaction on here would have been if their shot had gone in right at the end

If you had heard what they were singing you can understand why they were awful and disgusting.
Exactly this…..
I never used to have a bad vibe about Derby but have done since the shit thrown at Billy
The Fact they’re still doing it now ….. they can piss off to League 1 oblivion

95% there today, the final little bit just wasn't coming off for us and that's dangerous when you can get done at the back like we can.

Deserved the win but United just took a couple of years off my life with the way they got it.

Thought Norwood was fantastic today, got his pinging boots on. RND good in duels and driving on, but needs to pay more attention to what's around him. MGW and Ndiaye had flashes but as I said, just wasn't coming off. Bill missed 2 what should have been goals or saves in the first half, and plenty of other should've beens from Osborn, Ndiaye, Stevens, but we got the 3 points and that's all that matters.
Norwood was great because they didn't press him, he can then ping it around easily. It's when he gets pressed and is denied space and time he struggles.

Thought Osborn was very good today, possibly our MOM. Stevens played well when he finally came on. Olsen had another dicey moment but he looks an improvement on what we had. Billy played well again, but didn't need to square up to their fans at the end.

God knows what the reaction on here would have been if their shot had gone in right at the end
I did’nt see it at the time but Olsen tipped the last minute shot onto the post for the 3 points

We certainly made hard work of that win, Sharp and Ndiaye could have easily had two each without it needing a penalty. Norwood was our best in midfield MGW and Ndiaye never seemed on the same page today. Once again up against a team who got lots behind the ball we were slow in the build up and at times it was a bit Wilderball with us fucking around out wide and getting penned in until we went backwards and across to the other side

Back
Top Bottom