Match Thread Sheffield United v. Derby County - 25th September 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
DERB
DERB
DERB
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1632473178483.png v. 1632473185802.png
Championship Week 9 - Saturday 25th September 2021 - 15:00 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - Sheffield United vs Derby County

Officials:

Referee:
David Webb
Assistant Referee: Matthew McGrath
Assistant Referee: James Wilson
Fourth Official: Tom Nield

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

and the PFA funded them , so they could continue playing players they couldn't afford ( hence why they went into administration ) which enabled them to gain promotion at our expence :mad:
That was why the points deduction was brought in. Everyone was annoyed about that.

justice was done as Leicester got relegated straight away and went down again a few years later.

Sad to see Sander not involved. Great to see Ndiaye start. Strong bench again too. Would liked to have seen Enda start the game. Hopefully we'll have too much for them. Still no Didsy.

I am too surprised to see Norwood back in, could be some rotation there. But did think with Derby likely to camp out on the edge of their own box, with all their veteran centre halves, Hourihanes set pieces would be more relevant than ever.

Putting my money on now. Derby 1-0, Morrison to score. Nailed on.
Side bet of Jags to have to sub in goal and saves a pen in last minute from Billy

struggling to find a stream that keeps flowing myself. All the ones round here keep drying up

Jagielka playing well surely a much better back up option than Robinson

Why have we abandoned attacking through the middle. I know it's congested but we should be able to unlock a 36 and 39 year old central defensive pair..

Rather than pinning our hopes on Baldock and Norrington-Davies crosses that Jags will eat up all day.

Why have we abandoned attacking through the middle. I know it's congested but we should be able to unlock a 36 and 39 year old central defensive pair..

Rather than pinning our hopes on Baldock and Norrington-Davies crosses that Jags will eat up all day.

Sometimes, brains are required, we don't do clever football

Maybe cos theyre packing the centre of the pitch? Those old defenders you mention have a wall of players in front of them.

Bit of a rubbish game. A few chances for each side but two poor defences and yet not a lot else. Some nice balls from Baldock but it's all a bit pedestrian.

Maybe cos theyre packing the centre of the pitch? Those old defenders you mention have a wall of players in front of them.
Hence why I said it was congested.. we should still have the ability and movement to unlock without having to pray on a Baldock or Norrington-Davies hit and hope cross

Bit of a rubbish game. A few chances for each side but two poor defences and yet not a lot else. Some nice balls from Baldock but it's all a bit pedestrian.
Baldock doing more harm than good cramping up MGW, some goodish crosses but some equally naff ones too

Baldock doing more harm than good cramping up MGW, some goodish crosses but some equally naff ones too
I think Baldock has been our biggest threat going forward. He put a couple of really good balls in for sharp that he should have done better with

Fleck gave ball away then it came back to him gave it away again then he gave a needless free kick away in a dangerous position ..come on Flecky Hourihane on the bench

Hence why I said it was congested.. we should still have the ability and movement to unlock without having to pray on a Baldock or Norrington-Davies hit and hope cross
Any team at this level would struggle to make chances against them given how they are set up.

Back
Top Bottom