Match Thread Sheffield United v. Crystal Palace - 8th May 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
CRY
CRY
CRY
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1620471772429.png v. 1620471779982.png
EPL Week 35 - Saturday 8th May 2021 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-crystal-palace.543/

Officials:

Referee:
Simon Hooper
Assistant Referee: Eddie Smart
Assistant Referee: Derek Eaton
Fourth Official: Lee Mason
Video Assistant Referee: Robert Jones
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Matthew Wilkes

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

Screenshot 2021-05-08 at 12.02.23.png

There is no way I would buy a ST for next season based on the garbage that is being played out before us week after week.

In fact a season ticket at Chesterfield would inspire me more than this lot.

Well, there was only one winner today and it certainly wasn't football.

Another lacklustre performance against a side who made a minimum amount of effort. Mistakes everywhere. Look like pub footballers compared to athletes. Look completely rudderless and devoid of confidence or intent.

Ramsdale - 7 - Made one cracking save first half and generally looked solid (albeit one minor blip). Fast become our best player by a long way.
Stevens - 5.5 - Got forward and put in some first time crosses first half which whilst not the best were our most dangerous threat. Needs to do more of this. Second half seemed to tire and get pushed back. Not helped by the player in front of his or to his right.
Bryan - 4.5 - Lad does a pretty good job of covering at the back but is error prone and has taken to trying to be another Hollywood longball player number 3. Largely badly.
Egan - 5 - Got completely done for the first and made a couple of bad errors giving the ball away (one he made up for). He's too slow and too sloppy for the top flight. Again, many long balls. Missed a good chance.
Basham - 4 - Looks poor since coming back. Lost his pace and looks his age. Again, made a couple of errors and far too easy skinned on more than one occasion. Snatch at a chance.
Baldock - 5.5 - Became out main attacking threat second half with the long diagonals but seems to take too long to decide what to do. Turns back too often. Not got the final ball.
Norwood - 3 - Awful first half. When not giving the ball away he insisted on looking for Hollywood pass after Hollywood pass. Dreadful set pieces. Shameful. Second half he improved quite a bit. Still rubbish but no more than anyone else. Had a decent freekick and put a couple of decent crosses in.
Jimmy Fleck - 3 - Shocking. Slow, sloppy, can't cover the ground. Looks unfit. Largely dreadful set pieces.
Berge - 4 - Looked well off the pace. Did a few things going forward but no surprise he went off.
McGoldrick - 5 - Never stops working. Came further and further back and kept making runs. He just looks too slow when he's on the ball.
Forrest Gump - -1 - Looks confused to find himself on a football pitch. Should I kick it? Should I pick it up? What are those posts? Marginally less terrible second half. Football has made this man a millionaire and yet he doesn't seem to know how to play the game.

Subs

Osbourn - 4 - Looked off the pace when he came on. More involved as we were attacking yet got beaten way too easily.
Jebbinson - 6 - Say all you need to know about Brewster that he came on ahead of him. Scored a lot in the U-23s and you can see why. Looked lively and actually looked more or a striker than most of our strikers. He looks like he could be promising next season.
Lundstram - 0 - Why is he on the bench? Why is he coming on? Eze beat him easily for the second when he tried to shoulder charge him because it's less effort. Jogged around. Didn't want to get involved. Needs to be fucked off to play with the U-7s to match his footballing intelligence.

Heck and Tinder -1 - They were actually a lot more vocal but it seemed to be slightly confusing at times given they were both shouting out instructions at the same time. Not sure what they're doing at the moment. Not much.

One of the only decent players over the course of the season
Don't disagree but he's either looking very very tired or his legs have gone...plus he seems to want to play midfield.or.out wide when he supposed to be a centre forward

Don't disagree but he's either looking very very tired or his legs have gone...plus he seems to want to play midfield.or.out wide when he supposed to be a centre forward
McGoldrick has been the best of a bad lot this season, for sure. But let’s be right, he was useless today. In a team of slow players, his utter lack of pace is painful to watch.

Jebbinson - 6 - Say all you need to know about Brewster that he came on ahead of him. Scored a lot in the U-23s and you can see why. Looked lively and actually looked more or a striker than most of our strikers. He looks like he could be promising next season.
I found myself disappointed that he was only on the pitch for a short time. Finally it looks like we might have a striker with a football brain, taking up some really good positions, really encouraging. I hope he gets some more time on the pitch, I was much more hopeful we‘d get something when he was on. A potentially bright spark in a dreadful season.

Definitely and even if we get tonked, there’s two lads playing in the top league that are used to winning despite it being at youth level, even if they don’t quite make it there again it’s something to tell the grandkids! They’d be on cloud 9 regardless of the result.
Very true mate

I keep reading we are "already preparing for life in the Championship" Wtf preparations are we doing? Doing the same thing over and over is insanity not preparation. Unless its preparation h!!!

Reactions: SLB

One of the only decent players over the course of the season
He has been you’re right

Dids is a great guy

But doesn’t your post say it all

He is running on fumes and must be so deflated

isn’t a CF but has had to do a job and has done a fine fine job

CW has completely messed up with the way he invested the 120+ million - he earned it for us to spend in the first place and that will always be an amazing amazing achievement - but he blew it and deserted the ship which I would never ever have seen him doing

Still - onwards

whether that’s upwards or downwards really depends on the Prince and what he does next

All eyes are on him - he threw the dice and backed CW - his gamble totally blew up in his face

Sad for Rotherham
Sheffield football is a corpse

100%! don’t believe in all that “it might effect their confidence” bollocks, they’d put a shift in and be under no pressure from supporters. Would be a light on a very dull season if the young lads showed promise.
Exactly pal. Look at Jebbison today, you could tell he was buzzing when he came on, hence why he put more effort in than that useless lump of lard Burke!!!!!
100%! don’t believe in all that “it might effect their confidence” bollocks, they’d put a shift in and be under no pressure from supporters. Would be a light on a very dull season if the young lads showed promise.

Reactions: RWE
Fucking pathetic united were turning into a joke club if that team had played Wednesday today we would have lost... They are a fucking joke, disgrace to the shirt.. They all need to just fuck off
Wednesday are shocking

I mean - shocking

they are miles worse than us

At start of game had problems getting on hesgoal took me 3 minutes, and then we were 1-0 to Benteke of all people, I watched rest of half and we were fucking pathetic. I could not stomach the 2nd half just as well we're at home had had no shots at goal, that is disgraceful and who the fuck told Burke he's a footballer?

Yes pigs have gone down but due to our ultra shit season it doesn't carry the same gravitas we have been abject all season, that Eze at Palace must love playing us we make him look ultra world class. WE have now lost 28 and are on threshold of losing most in a PL season and scoring least number of goals

It is the most games we've lost in a season and it's same story opposition score heads drop and confidence is wrecked, at one point Fleck took a corner it didn't go 2ft off the floor. I'm sorry but I've always thought corners play into area put defenders under pressure, this season can't end soon enough but just seems to drag on to punish us more.

I really am not looking forward to next season and if we get manager wrong we'll be with pigs, in 3rd division.

I said Eze was good.

Obviously not worth what we were being quoted for him though

I'll expect Arsenal or Spurs will be his next stop for £40 - £50 million as we are forced to let our players leave for nothing to save on wages.

Who needs creativity eh ?

Back
Top Bottom