Match Thread Sheffield United v. Cardiff City

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
CARD
CARD
CARD
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1650663562086.png V. 1650663569457.png
Championship Week 44 - Saturday 22nd April 2022 - 15:00 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-cardiff-city.595/

Officials:

Referee: Oliver Langford
Assistant Referee: Paul Hodskinson
Assistant Referee: Rob Smith
Fourth Official: Carl Boyeson

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

1650663498770.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

If billy plays we win, if he doesnt its a toss up. Cardiff seem to be going through the motions , come on you red and white wizzzzzaaaarrdddss

If ever there was a must win game, this is it.

We need a cauldron of positive noise from our fans throughout, regardless of how well we play.

Despite everything that's happened (including loss of form) it's perfectly possible can bag a playoff spot AND even win the bloody things to get another Prem payday.

I've got a feeling we win today and the teams below us will fail to win - suddenly making us "hot favourites" for 6th.

Been absent for a while on here due to getting Covid and then being on Holiday. (Ningaloo Coast, North West Western Australia - WOW!!!!!!)
In the time I've been away we have really stumbled in terms of form.
This hasn't helped at all with the number of injuries we've had with the most impacting seemingly being Billy.
I'm not one for the cliché comments but todays match really is a "Must Win" for me. Somehow we have been able to cling on to a Play-Off spot just.
Performances have also dipped from the form of previous months and I think that the Big February has probably had an effect on some of the players.
We face a team in Cardiff who are probably already in Summer Holiday mode and have nothing but pride to play for.
We need a big performance and hopefully a convincing win to get the players confidence back up and keep us in that top 6.
Hopefully Billy will be back to lead the line as we have lacked any presence or influence up top since he has been out. McBurnie has put a shift in at times but never looked like scoring, Jebbison is still a young Kid who has looked out of his depth in the short time that he has been given and has not had any real impact on the games. MGW has been largely ineffective in a lot of games. I think he has missed Billy being there to link up with.
There is a positive with Bash coming back in although Uremovic did nothing wrong and looks a decent short term addition.
Looking forward to us turning thing back into a positive today!!!!

Expecting Billy to start, that alone should surely lift the crowd who need to be immense today

I think we need a big win, 3-0 or better to make sure that the goal difference remains fully in our hands

Also it's absolutely mental that Aden Flint is their top scorer, and quite easily has attempted the most shots in their team

On St George's Day, let's hope we slay the Dragon.

This can be psychology in our hands.

Today is the most winnable fixture.

We then play before the other teams. Yes, it works both ways if you don't do your own job but if we also beat QPR on Friday then it just puts huge pressure on those behind you.

This weekend will see a few drop out of the race.

But it is a Carpe Diem moment. With our on field Talisman back, hopefully we can seize the day!

Come on you Red and White Wizards. For England and St. George! ⚔️🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿❤️

Expecting Billy to start, that alone should surely lift the crowd who need to be immense today

I think we need a big win, 3-0 or better to make sure that the goal difference remains fully in our hands

Also it's absolutely mental that Aden Flint is their top scorer, and quite easily has attempted the most shots in their team
I reckon Billy will be on the bench with Hecky hoping to not have to use him, if we're struggling at half time he'll have to throw him on.
I noticed Flint was on the bench for them last game as they are trying for a less direct style, however they will probably revert back to type against us.
I expect Flint to play and probably score from a set piece.

(Ningaloo Coast, North West Western Australia - WOW!!!!!!)
I stopped there for a day or two a few years back while travelling from Broome to Perth. It's an amazing part of the world, would love to take my kids there one day.

I'll be there today for my second game of the season, the first being Blackpool at home. Hoping for a better result today!

must win today to keep in 6th to stave off millwall who are hardly in great form but everyone around us has been shocking including us, & also easter was must win, but that was thwarted through being own worst enemy for 20th time dominating halves going in 0-0, giving away easy goals. somethings dont change i remember saying at post Fulham last year, that we might as well be renamed oxfam as nobody gives more charity to the opposition than us although i have 1 bit of sympathy because ive never known a team outside of the PL have every senior striker injured.

but even if we take 6th which looks highly likely unless Luton & Forest fall apart & we win all 3 remaining games , its going to be historical uphill task, we've played 10 away playoff games, but yet to win play off match away from bramall lane having drawn 5 lost 5 & weve only progressed once in 7 attempts having played home game 1st in 1997

I reckon Billy will be on the bench with Hecky hoping to not have to use him, if we're struggling at half time he'll have to throw him on.
I noticed Flint was on the bench for them last game as they are trying for a less direct style, however they will probably revert back to type against us.
I expect Flint to play and probably score from a set piece.
Flint and that centre half for Millwall Cooper must look at the fixtures pre season see Sheffield United and think....I'll be getting a nice little bonus on that day. Imagine if Millwall signed flint or Cardiff signed Cooper and played them both, we might aswell not bother turning up.

On St George's Day, let's hope we slay the Dragon.

This can be psychology in our hands.

Today is the most winnable fixture.

We then play before the other teams. Yes, it works both ways if you don't do your own job but if we also beat QPR on Friday then it just puts huge pressure on those behind you.

This weekend will see a few drop out of the race.

But it is a Carpe Diem moment. With our on field Talisman back, hopefully we can seize the day!

Come on you Red and White Wizards. For England and St. George! ⚔️🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿❤️

What about Harry ?

Yep, can live with this for starters. Just hope earlier subs may be utilised if required. COYRAWW!

Back
Top Bottom