Match Thread Sheffield United v. Birmingham City - 7th August 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
BIRM
BIRM
BIRM
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1628250103150.png V. 1628250111048.png
Championship Week 1 - Saturday 6th August 2021 - 20:00 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-birmingham-city.552/

Officials:

Referee:
Tim Robinson
Assistant Referee: George Byrne
Assistant Referee: Nik Barnard
Fourth Official: Andy Woolmer

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

1628249796939.png
SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

Can understand the poor performance.
The players are still in Premiership mode where they start in late August rather than in the cricket season. Give them a couple of weeks.

Well, the expected clean-up of our squad has not happened, so it's not really surprising that they still play like last years squad.

Let's be honest if we had gone backto 3-5-2 last night at any point in the game we would have won easily

But we are in a transitional stage with a lot of square pegs in round holes a new coaching staff and a recruitment team who treat pennies like manhole covers
We need to be patient but experience tells Me that a team coming down from the prem who struggle to defend high balls and crosses and can't break down packed defences will be hunted down like the weakest of the pack by the hungry wolves of the championship

Well all i saw while watching the game,is that we have gone from a halfway line sideways/backwards passing team,to a eighteen yards line sideways/backwards passing team,yep that progress.Lundstram would have fitted in very well.

Birmingham will be dissapointed that they did not win that game by scoring another 3 goals,we are still very shit at defending balls in from the sides.

Going to be a long boring season,and my final table prediction of 10th looks to be way off.

The only two players worth watching last night were Berger and Mousset.

The two players who had me scratching my head for their play and positions in the team were Osborn and Fleck.

This is not me being reactionary as it will click I’m sure but anyone else think we were soft as fuck last night? Didzy, ozzy and egan the only ones rising to the fight

Could please explain what it is he is trying to do, because I am lost!
I think he is looking at a possession based system but I think it's too soon for some of the players he has available ,hence his comment about needing 4/5 in ,as we saw with the goal our left hand side was totally ineffective ,personally I would have played didzy behind brewster and mousset, I think if we are bringing in viera we need to loose Norwood, the trouble is the player's in my opinion have to much of a regimented mind set after CW slav wants to bring a more free flowing interchangeable game
UTB

This is not me being reactionary as it will click I’m sure but anyone else think we were soft as fuck last night? Didzy, ozzy and egan the only ones rising to the fight
Ozzy rising to the fight 😂😂
That's why we lost, cause he couldn't rise at the back post. Not his fault, that he couldn't even beat a toddler in the air. What qualities does he have?? He runs around a lot and tries, but then again so does my dog.

Back
Top Bottom