Separating the Hammond’s and Woolfords

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ReeceofBDTBL

Reaction score
from the Coutts and Kieran Freemans.

Wilders first season was a lesson in not completely giving up on every single player, but getting rid of the dead wood asap.

He’s already got rid of Traore and Luke Thomas, but clearly there’s a lot of toxicity in this squad that needs ejecting asap.

So which players should be given a chance for retribution and do a job for us next season, and who do you want to see the back of asap no matter what?

My take.

Departure lounge
McBurnie. Unreliable, bored shitless with him tbh.
Brewster - honestly wouldn’t give him a squad number
Larouchi. Those 2 crosses v wolves, Christ almighty
Norwood - it’s time.

Trusty - could he possibly be a back up for Egan in the middle of a back three? I dont think so, he’s awful with the ball and looks as dumb as a stump when it comes to reading the game. Sell if you can get £2m for him.

Slimane - shite. I mean come on he’s up there with Luke Thomas when it comes to looming rubbish even compared to this car crash of a squad.

Bogle - After last night I wanted him gone.
Fair question - when is he suddenly going to become aware of the idea of defending the back post.

HOWEVER.

He IS still only 23 years old. We signed Baldock when he was 24 and he played 2 seasons in the champ for us before being tested in the prem. I’m genuinely torn on this one. Again, let’s not forget how poor we thought Kieran Freeman was and at a similar age.

Osborn
I’m learning towards wanting us to give Ben a new deal tbh. He’s proving to be a competent and reliable pro amidst and absolutely awful situation, not to mention getting lots of game time against immensely good opponents.

Worth a go next season?
Hamer
Souza
Tom Davies

Can’t think of many to hang our hat on.
Huge summer for the club, I mean the biggest for a generation.

The ones still under contract at the end of the season are;

Grbic
Brewster
Robinson
Ahmedhodzic
Slimane
T Davies
Hamer
Trusty
Souza
Osula
Brooks
Arblaster
Traore

I'm more worried about who will be offered new deals.

I'd be inclined to keep Foderingham and Bogle (as a winger), maybe Baldock though he's in decline.

I'll be livid if we offer Norwood and McBurnie new deals.

My list would give us 16 players (sadly includes Brewster), and we should really aim for a squad of 22. Quality over quantity.

This would give us;
GK - Grbic / Foderingham
DR - Baldock / Slimane???
DC - Trusty / Ahmedhodzic
DC - Robinson / ?????
DL - ????? / ?????
MR - Bogle / Traore
MC - Hamer / Arblaster / Brooks
DMC - Souza / T Davies
ML - ????? / ?????
ST - Brewster / ?????
ST - Osula / ?????

I put Slimane at right back as he plays there for his country and we have too many central midfielders, through arguably not many proven, reliable good ones. If not then maybe Curtis if he's ready for Championship football.

Up top is a concern as Brewster is a guaranteed write off, Osula is unproven at Championship level and McBurnie on a one year deal is not the answer just out of sheer desperation to have players in the squad in this position.

But hey, it's easy to sit here playing "let's be the manager."

Last edited:
from the Coutts and Kieran Freemans.

Wilders first season was a lesson in not completely giving up on every single player, but getting rid of the dead wood asap.

He’s already got rid of Traore and Luke Thomas, but clearly there’s a lot of toxicity in this squad that needs ejecting asap.

So which players should be given a chance for retribution and do a job for us next season, and who do you want to see the back of asap no matter what?
I’d get rid of them all to be honest. Hamer and Souza can go for me for a fee as well.

Bogle the only obvious one to keep. I want McBurnie to stay but it's difficult to justify paying him a decent wage to miss 20 games. Egan should probably be retained. Osborn can stay if he wants. If any decent offers come in for the rest we should sell, even at substantial losses. I dream of £2m for Trusty. Hamer might be more difficult to let go because we could do with him

It depends what you want to achieve next season. These players until recently were v good at championship level. The problem comes when we get to the prem. I’m not sure getting rid of pretty much all of them is the answer. The young kids coming may not be good enough for the championship either.

We Need to sign champ quality players on 2/3 year deals for as little as possible but start chopping side around if we are doing well to avoid promotion. Then the next season we have more parachute payments to save and use if we get promoted and players at end of contracts we can then get rid of and improve on, read same for year 3 if not promoted. Without new owner this is only way.

Bogle the only obvious one to keep. I want McBurnie to stay but it's difficult to justify paying him a decent wage to miss 20 games. Egan should probably be retained. Osborn can stay if he wants. If any decent offers come in for the rest we should sell, even at substantial losses. I dream of £2m for Trusty. Hamer might be more difficult to let go because we could do with him
I wouldnt say Bogle is obvious at all. It’s only by the saving grace that the rest of the squad is full to the brim with gallons of horseshit that his consistently bang average performances fly under the radar.

Yes he’s still young but a fit George Baldock should still he first choice over him.

Chances are Baldock is one of our highest earners, so money would come into it, same with everyone who has been with us since the previous promotion really, they'll have had promotion clauses, relegation clauses and maybe new contracts along the way that might price them out of staying. Like the idea of keeping Osborn around as a utility player at Championship level is fine but not if he's just backup near the top end of the wage bill. Egan can probably get a couple of seasons on a good wage at a PL club, him missing most of the season might reduce the number of clubs after him but even so, we won't be able to just give him a one year extension on the cheap.

They may not want to accept a 40 % pay cut to stay. They can get that wage in a top of league 1 club. Eg 2 quality Greek clubs want George to go straight in their 1st team. As he's impressed in the Greek National side. He marked Mbappe out of the game & he did the same for us really Grealish. It's strange who our fans write off when the Pros in the game see it differently. When Oli Mac is playing he's our best defender. Maybe the new Head of Medical Dept will find out why as a club we're crippling our players.

If our players were auditioning to play the main characters in the film The Wizard of Oz,who would be >

The Scarecrow he wants a Brain..................Bogle.....he's not alone

The Tin Man he wants a Heart...................Souza.....just points and blames others.

The Lion he wants Courage.............Grbic....looks scared to death

Dorothy she wants to Go Home.................McAtee...bet he cant wait to get back to City

Back
Top Bottom