Sendings off

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

22b61e4c-2154-434b-b7e1-2d1c91f11752.png

Leon's part in the affair, pretty stupid - can see why he got a red.

Stupid twat had the temerity to protest it too

If Clarke had been smarter he would have gone down like a shot elephant when the dingle took a swing at him that would have been a sending of and a penalty.

I'm glad he didn't. It was seen and dealt with. I hate the players who fall down at the drop of a hat.

Idiot Clarke, he and we could ill afford him to have a 3 match ban. Lost his place will have pi55ed Tufty off as well as fans cause there's no chance of a replacement so Hanson will get a reprieve screwing us offloading him as a make weight.

Both were 100% reds, ref had no choice, about only thing he got right today.

Feckin idiot.

Image above for me shows collar grab not neck.
refresh me, the collar dresses which part of the human anatomy??
put your hand anywhere round there and your giving the ref a decision to make, Leon has started league games, now does this - bell end. Type of thing i expect Joey Barton to do, who is THE bell end (Ba hons)

We could be talking about this as one of those pivotal moments in a season such as Warnock putting Tonge in on the left and Browny in the middle in Sept 02 and err.. Leon Clarke getting dropped for Matt Done and Jake Wright coming in at the end of August last season. Hope Clarke has a real struggle getting his place back due to the first XI flying.

Worse foul all day was by Mr "1-0 to Barnsley" Jason McCarthy? The clearest red card you'll ever see. Reckless, ugly, and potential leg breaker, when the ball was going out of play? No wonder Heckingbottom subbed him at half time, cos one more tackle and he was gone. Yet the inconsistent cunt in charge, who's sent 4 off in 6 games before today, totally bottled it! Not forgetting the tackle on the edge of the area, that Duffy kicked into the wall, no card, then sharp gets booked for a nowt challenge, then lol and behold, 2 minutes later, a Barnsley player does the same offence, no booking! The taking out of freeman clean through in the area after a 1-2? These shithouse twats do my cake in.

Couldnt agree more mate, the same as i felt at the time. Consistency is the key, even if youre consistently crap for both teams.

I wasn't there but looking at the replay it all just looked rather petty to me.

The sensible approach for both would have been a stern word from the ref and a yellow each.

refresh me, the collar dresses which part of the human anatomy??
put your hand anywhere round there and your giving the ref a decision to make, Leon has started league games, now does this - bell end. Type of thing i expect Joey Barton to do, who is THE bell end (Ba hons)

Wait, so grabbing a shirt now is a sending off offence? Whether it's his collar or not, it's his fucking shirt.

Now, the consensus is that he grabbed his throat. Fair enough, seems my perception is off.

He made a mistake, but the eagerness to throw him under the bus screams of agenda. Were it Billy, or Fleck, or Jack O'C, there'd not be the same reaction.

The ref made the right call. Clarke lost his head and retaliated. Granted, the officials didn't react/see the initial swing to the ribs, but at the end of the day Clarke cannot take matters into his own hands by grabbing the defender by the throat. In truth, Clarke is probably lucky MacDonald tried to headbutt him, as the officials hadn't seen the first incident, we could easily of seen a situation where Clarke walks and MacDonald doesn't.

For a football fan of my vintage, to see a centre forward wearing 9 and a centre half wearing 5 get sent off for fighting was heartwarming. I felt like a youngster again watching Larry Lloyd and Wyn Davies get stuck into each other in the 1970s.

By the way, I thought the ref had a good game and allowed lots of advantages while not forgetting to go back and yellow card players who had committed fouls. I think he booked Billy because he had already annoyed him by taking the piss out of Barnsley's fans when he scored so then fouling someone straight afterwards meant he deserved a yellow, for being a bad lad twice.

Did you notice Billy point to the Blades fans on the top tier and telling the ref he was saluting them? :)

As for Billy's booking, he pulled his man back. I think a booking is in line with the rules.

Did you notice Billy point to the Blades fans on the top tier and telling the ref he was saluting them? :)

As for Billy's booking, he pulled his man back. I think a booking is in line with the rules.
It was a stupid booking; not because it was wrong but why did he pull his man back when we had a full team defending? It wasn't like they were breaking away or anything.

I'm glad he didn't. It was seen and dealt with. I hate the players who fall down at the drop of a hat.
I tend to agree but can you tell me why a penalty was not awarded when a player was struck in the penalty box ? Clarke was sent off for retaliation the Barnsley player struck an opponent the result should have been a penalty kick.

I tend to agree but can you tell me why a penalty was not awarded when a player was struck in the penalty box ? Clarke was sent off for retaliation the Barnsley player struck an opponent the result should have been a penalty kick.

Why hasn't that occurred to anyone else? Penalty kick - has to be. :)

Did Ref see the "struck in the penalty box" or just Clarkes retaliation and then the Barnsley players retaliation to the retaliation?

As soon as the referee went to talk to the linesman I knew the best we could hope far was both players being sent off.
Clarke was totally stupid for grabbing their player by the neck. It's not just today's game but the next 3, when we are struggling for strikers has it is.
Hope he gets fined.
I thought the Ref had a decent game as well, let the game flow.

As the game restarted with a Barnsley free kick from where it happened, the officials can't have seen the original offence by the Barnsley man. Should have been a penalty, but it's a good job the Barnsley idiot went for the headbutt after or we could have lost Clarke and them stay with 11 men.

Unfortunately 'violent conduct' results in a straight red so both were rightly dismissed under the letter of the law
Yeah I understood thats what they went for, but neither were that in the context of the game...

Wait, so grabbing a shirt now is a sending off offence? Whether it's his collar or not, it's his fucking shirt.

Now, the consensus is that he grabbed his throat. Fair enough, seems my perception is off.

He made a mistake, but the eagerness to throw him under the bus screams of agenda. Were it Billy, or Fleck, or Jack O'C, there'd not be the same reaction.
not throwing him under a bus, I'm a Clarke fan tbh, like a player with a bit of attitude. But if it was Brooks who retaliated with his hands in the throat area we could have said he got caught up in the derby atmosphere, is young, will learn etc. But Leons been round the block. I would expect Wilder to be saying to him he should know better, don't bite, 3 & half games we have lost you for. If whoever comes in scores, you on the bench - if a player gets sent off for hand ball on the goal line that's professional, a mistimed forwards tackle is unlucky, but raising your hands is just stupid.
for what it's worth i think a yellow each would have been sensible, but the refs are under such tight instruction, and with the added media coverage in this league the ref can let it go. That's the frustration, Leon gave the ref the problem.

Both straight reds, you can't grab anybody around the neck, we were lucky he went with the head or it would just have been Clarke..

The thing is cause Clarke's a big lump had he gone down holding his head, like most players would these days he'd have got fuck all from the ref, must be hard having a rep for being a big hard cf, I've never seen Clarke or Hanson win a free kick..

Silly, but I get it....

not throwing him under a bus, I'm a Clarke fan tbh, like a player with a bit of attitude. But if it was Brooks who retaliated with his hands in the throat area we could have said he got caught up in the derby atmosphere, is young, will learn etc. But Leons been round the block. I would expect Wilder to be saying to him he should know better, don't bite, 3 & half games we have lost you for. If whoever comes in scores, you on the bench - if a player gets sent off for hand ball on the goal line that's professional, a mistimed forwards tackle is unlucky, but raising your hands is just stupid.
for what it's worth i think a yellow each would have been sensible, but the refs are under such tight instruction, and with the added media coverage in this league the ref can let it go. That's the frustration, Leon gave the ref the problem.

I've seen scuffles like that lead to nothing but yellows dozens of times.

If this is the threshold then fine, but I don't want to see similar offences go unpunished in the remainder of the season.

Clarke reacted because McDonald threw an elbow at him, it was so close to catching him that if Leon had just put his hand up to his face, McDonald would have gone because the linesman must have seen it.
We'd have been due a penalty and would've had a player advantage. Given Leons experience, I'd have expected him to be a bit cuter in such circumstances. :(

Back
Top Bottom