Second on MOTD

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Pundits are as all over the place as referees. One week they’ll be calling a player savvy for winning a penalty like that the next they’ll be bemoaning diving. Seems as though the coin flip this week resulted in them going for the latter this time.

I love the way Murphy and Keown were trying to argue that it wasn't a penalty and there was no contact/minimal contact when you see the replay from Silva's left. Then when you see it in slow motion from his right side and can see clear contact with Baldock, they suddenly hesitate in their commentary, then continue with their rhetoric.

For me the player's reaction at the final whistle tells it all. He was in tears for letting his team down. If it wasn't a penalty then he'd be angry at the decision. Why remorse unless you know you did something wrong?

Pundits are as all over the place as referees. One week they’ll be calling a player savvy for winning a penalty like that the next they’ll be bemoaning diving. Seems as though the coin flip this week resulted in them going for the latter this time.

It’s because there’s a story at the moment about Wolves being dicked over by VAR. They’re literally just repeating that.

Having said that though, it’s a very soft penalty 😂

It's an incredibly soft decision, we'd be fucking fuming if that was given against us in the last minute.

Absolutely. I thought at the time that it was a typical Baldock ‘dive’ where he puts his body in, goes over but then gets up quickly to make it look like he hasn’t dived.

I imagine that Baldock, being the player he is, would tell you there was little in it.

Absolutely. I thought at the time that it was a typical Baldock ‘dive’ where he puts his body in, goes over but then gets up quickly to make it look like he hasn’t dived.

I imagine that Baldock, being the player he is, would tell you there was little in it.
Totally agree with both posts here. Soft as anything. Baldock completely bought it. Would be pissed off if it happened to us but it’s also the kind of thing that when you start moaning about it out loud to someone else you realise you just sound a bit pathetic because it happens every week.

He openly said in the interview after the game he put himself between the ball and the defender to look for the pen

Both Murphy and Lineker said it was a dive.. it wasn’t

Both Murphy and Lineker said it was a dive.. it wasn’t
Not a dive, went down easily under contact, like 95% of the cheats do in this league for any tackle/challenge/contact whatsoever anywhere on the pitch. Whilst I don't endorse or condone this, it's about time one of these soft decisions went our way. Soft penalty or not, there was contact and that makes it a penalty.

It's an incredibly soft decision, we'd be fucking fuming if that was given against us in the last minute.
Maybe but we've had enough shit ourselves over the years to lessen our guilt. There's already been more flaying of arms over this dubious pen then there ever was about a clear goal being disallowed because some ref's watch didn't beep.

Not a dive, went down easily under contact, like 95% of the cheats do in this league for any tackle/challenge/contact whatsoever anywhere on the pitch. Whilst I don't endorse or condone this, it's about time one of these soft decisions went our way. Soft penalty or not, there was contact and that makes it a penalty.

Contact doesn’t make it a penalty, it’s a contact sport.

Your first sentence is contradictive to the point that it’s all over the place.

Lineker implying Baldock dived ....he never claimed a penalty and he was clearly caught on his foot.not a shin pad touching a knee ...we've had far less convincing fouls and penalties given against us...hope he chokes on some crisps

So if a player doesn’t claim a penalty it can’t be a dive?

If your going down before contact that's a dive. It would be against us it is for us. It was so obviously not a foul baldock got right up and tried to continue. Didn't even look at the ref. Says it all

Do I care? No. Because sides do it to us

Same. I will argue that it wasn’t a penalty all day long but I couldn’t give a shit. We aren’t the first to get a penalty we didn’t deserve and we won’t be the last. Fuck em

By the current rules and standards it was a penalty. The issue appears to be that it's ok for some teams to do this (the usual suspects), but for everyone else it's not. George may have "gone down easily", but no way it was a dive. Watching MOTD just now, Everton player hauls down Brighton player in the box, nothing given, no discussion, but lots about whether little old Sheff United had somehow cheated their way to an unfair penalty.

From my seat in the Kop, the defender went through the back of George's knee, scraped down the back of his calf, and then stamped on his ankle whist on the floor. Disgusting! Nailed on penalty.
We'll be lucky if he regains fitness before the end of the season.
utb

It was, by current rules/standards, a penalty. There was clear contact. Wolves can bleat all they want, but if you play in the prem, you abide by the prem rules. And the prem rules, aided and (often) abetted by VAR, make that a penalty.

Regardless, our 2nd half display deserved 3 points.

Of course it was a fucking dive. No one seriously is suggesting that the minimal contact was sufficient to cause a grown man lose his footing and fall over, are they?
Fair play to Baldock for doing it an’all, high time we started playing these Premier League wankers at their own game. He kicked him and it was a foul, whatever way you look at it, but if he hadn’t gone down the penalty wouldn’t have been given.
They were diving all game and the ref couldn’t get his whistle in quick enough, even gave them a free kick for a dive that happened when he was looking in the opposite direction!
Lineker and the rest want to make their minds up, how many times have you heard them say ‘There was contact and he was entitled to go down’ but not if you’re playing for Sheffield United apparently?
What’s more, if that’s Silvas idea of pulling out, him and his Mrs, better start looking at prams 😉

From my seat in the Kop, the defender went through the back of George's knee, scraped down the back of his calf, and then stamped on his ankle whist on the floor. Disgusting! Nailed on penalty.
We'll be lucky if he regains fitness before the end of the season.
utb
I'm sure I saw a kidney punch going in as George tried to avoid going to ground....

Typical PL penalty.

It's as though a few are disappointed.

All the usual suspects backing up Saint Gary 😆

Back
Top Bottom