Season ticket renewed yet?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I dont go to support or spite McCabe I go for me and my children and will always do so because even through the bad stuff I love and always will as long as we are Sheffield United at Bramall Lane. Maybe Im part of the problem ,tough shit its how I roll :)

Me too. 6 renewals in my family, plus all the mates. We're shite, but we always have been. I'd like some way of making my point, but it won't be by shopping with the wife in Meadowhall.

UTB

I've had a season ticket for years since I stopped playing football.

But the honest truth is this season I watched very few good games of football. The club wasn't prepared to invest in January when we had the chance to push on and get promotion.

I believe professional football should be entertaining. I've been to 31 games this season and we've only lost 4, so it isn't about results, they've bored me stupid in so many games. I've had many heroes over the years but I don't care very much for most of the current players. I'm fed up of players falling over all the time (usually both sides). It pisses me off when United sit back on a 1 goal lead - look at all the draws when we've thrown away late points.

So I haven't renewed. I don't live in Sheffield so travel costs me as much as the cost of a ticket.

It allows flexibility to do other things.

If I want to go to a game, I'll decide on a Saturday morning.

Conceivably I could go to all the home games and pay much more. But I just can't see it improving at the moment.

UTB

Me and my son have re-newed our STs. We are Blades for life!
I would suspect 99.9% on here are 'Blades for Life'. It is like a member of your family. Your brother is still your brother no matter what, you may not like him sometimes but he is still your brother.
And like a brother who you have given too much cash to, when he comes back with some shitty comment you are going to stop giving him some of your spare cash.

nobody has the right to tell anybody else what to do.
if you want to go, go. if you dont, dont. it doesnt make you more or less a blade.

everybody has different circumstances, health, work, money, distance, family.
and everybody has different mental attributes. some people can tolerate being betrayed by the board and shrug it off more easily than others can. some people get angry, some disappointed. some walk away. everybody is different.

I've not renewed.
It's been a tough decision, I've been going since 1981.
However, football doesn't float my boat as much as it used to. I have become evermore distant from the overpaid tossers that play it.
It's not United and how wank they are of late (I've seen some shit over the years but still kept going). It's football in general. The behaviour of footballers on and off the pitch has sunk to such a level that I refuse to fund it for the time being.
When we played Carlisle at home they had playing for them what I consider to be a typical modern day footballer:- Permatan, full arm tattoos, day-glo boots, high maintenance quiff. Every time one of our players went anywhere near him he took off, landed beautifully, rolled over several times attempting to win a free kick. I sort of expect to see this from some Premier League wankers but this is League 1 (or division 3 as I prefer to call it). I thought "God, if that's come down into this league what hope have we got".
It was also after the Carlisle game I had a conversation with my Brother (who has been going for longer than me and had considered not renewing. I asked him what I felt the team were striving to achieve and what would be considered a successful campaign. He replied "promotion, of course". To which I replied "And as a supporter, I should be supporting them in achieving that goal, yes?" He looked puzzled (!) I then said "I can't keep coming here hoping they get promoted into a league (it's a fucking division!) that I do not want to watch them play in, knowing full well that the wankers that play the game get worse the higher up you go".
Football is shite now from top to bottom (don't even get me started on England). Money has wrecked the game and spawned the overpaid, cheating, diving arseholes that play it.
I may change my mind in the future but something would have to change drastically within the game for that to happen.
I might get slagged off - I don't give a shit. I'm not alone. I have a mate who is a Man City season ticket holder, has been since the 70's. He's not renewing next season because of, guess what?, footballers. This is a supporter of a team that won the title last year and is fed up the way the game has gone.
I never thought I would feel this way. I used to say that I would be a season ticket holder even if United went down to the conference. It's been a very emotional decision to turn my back on something that's been a huge part of my life over the years. I'm not turning my back completely, I'll still consider myself to be a Blade and want us to be successful. I just feel at this present moment in time it would be hypocritical of me to go to the game not wanting them to play at a higher level.
Still a Blade
Billyblade.

They promised a review last summer in to student pricing but never actually did anything. So if a review is "Are we ok with the student tickets?" and the answer was "yes" from within the team, is that a review? When they are challenged they will not answer the questions asked.
Anyway, that is why they get minimal income from us on a match day. No pies no program no beer or chocolate bought and games are picked on pricing. Not on what they consider to be A B or C rated. Just because we have a change in circumstance which means no season tickets were bought over the last two seasons when the loyalty is pointed out they are not interested in our gripe. Ten pin bowling, Paintballing and other things have been done on match days. Even been to see some local amateur football on a Saturday afternoon if they want to continue to alienate all different generations of Blades then they have certainly achieved that in this household a few hundred quid spent on other things does not worry them.

Out of interest, whats wrong with the student pricing? I always thought it was pretty good, infact pricing in general at the lane is very good compared to most.

As for not buying snacks to give less money to the club well the club get pretty much sod all of actual items sold (Im led to believe) they get one big fee off Compass who take all the profits, Id imagine the club get less than 10% of any profit on items sold.

Oh and Ive renewed :(

know what you mean about the boring games.. what was the game when we went one nil up against ten men in the tenth minute or so.. then sat on it for the rest of the game.. i suggested that Wilson should be asked to leave and after the Miller debacle (he wouldn't pick him at first) then i'd fallen out with Wilson as early as that.. i got pilloried for suggesting such a thing. perhaps i was ahead of the curve

know what you mean about the boring games.. what was the game when we went one nil up against ten men in the tenth minute or so.. then sat on it for the rest of the game.. i suggested that Wilson should be asked to leave and after the Miller debacle (he wouldn't pick him at first) then i'd fallen out with Wilson as early as that.. i got pilloried for suggesting such a thing. perhaps i was ahead of the curve

If you suggest a manager should get sacked, you will be ahead of the curve 99.9% of the time. I'm not sure at what point that makes it right though.

:)

UTB

Notts County away ? Shambles

Been going since 1961, introduced my two sons to it as a form of punishment in 1988 and had ST's since 1990 when my own playing days were over. So, once again we've renewed after wavering initially.
As shit as we are, its more a social thing these days and chance to spend time with my now grown up and married sons, plus it keeps up the punishment for all their childhood misdemeanours:)
Fully understand all the 'vote with feet' brigade though...

I'd like some way of making my point, but it won't be by shopping with the wife in Meadowhall.

And there's the rub. How do you make a point without giving up something you enjoy? A bit like deciding not to shag the missus because she burnt the tea!

I stopped the season ticket the summer they kept Hoofy when he should have been sacked. I still go but I make sure they don't get as much out of me as they would if I still had an ST.
A bit like LSF, the last few seasons were more a case of going along as a social thing and taking my step grandson (by means of punishment). As he's now joined the army and can't go, I'm in a sort of limbo until the next one reaches an age (poor buggers only 3) when I can inflict it on him, by which time I'm hoping McCabe is long gone and I can enjoy it for what it is again.

That was the least enjoyable season for years. Most games were dire and our home record was a disgrace. I've still renewed for me & my son though - SUFC is in my blood so I'm not just going to give up - and I hope that somehow things will be looking up by the start of next season. To be fair, they couldn't get much worse!

UTB FTO

If you suggest a manager should get sacked, you will be ahead of the curve 99.9% of the time. I'm not sure at what point that makes it right though.

:)

UTB
he he .. that's a good point actually, i'd never considered that view.. albeit rather pedantic:)
actually i wasn't attempting to blow my own trumpet (although it might come across as that).. i was merely trying to show the chronological timeline of where it all went to shit

I've not renewed.
It's been a tough decision, I've been going since 1981.
However, football doesn't float my boat as much as it used to. I have become evermore distant from the overpaid tossers that play it.
It's not United and how wank they are of late (I've seen some shit over the years but still kept going). It's football in general. The behaviour of footballers on and off the pitch has sunk to such a level that I refuse to fund it for the time being.
When we played Carlisle at home they had playing for them what I consider to be a typical modern day footballer:- Permatan, full arm tattoos, day-glo boots, high maintenance quiff. Every time one of our players went anywhere near him he took off, landed beautifully, rolled over several times attempting to win a free kick. I sort of expect to see this from some Premier League wankers but this is League 1 (or division 3 as I prefer to call it). I thought "God, if that's come down into this league what hope have we got".
It was also after the Carlisle game I had a conversation with my Brother (who has been going for longer than me and had considered not renewing. I asked him what I felt the team were striving to achieve and what would be considered a successful campaign. He replied "promotion, of course". To which I replied "And as a supporter, I should be supporting them in achieving that goal, yes?" He looked puzzled (!) I then said "I can't keep coming here hoping they get promoted into a league (it's a fucking division!) that I do not want to watch them play in, knowing full well that the wankers that play the game get worse the higher up you go".
Football is shite now from top to bottom (don't even get me started on England). Money has wrecked the game and spawned the overpaid, cheating, diving arseholes that play it.
I may change my mind in the future but something would have to change drastically within the game for that to happen.
I might get slagged off - I don't give a shit. I'm not alone. I have a mate who is a Man City season ticket holder, has been since the 70's. He's not renewing next season because of, guess what?, footballers. This is a supporter of a team that won the title last year and is fed up the way the game has gone.
I never thought I would feel this way. I used to say that I would be a season ticket holder even if United went down to the conference. It's been a very emotional decision to turn my back on something that's been a huge part of my life over the years. I'm not turning my back completely, I'll still consider myself to be a Blade and want us to be successful. I just feel at this present moment in time it would be hypocritical of me to go to the game not wanting them to play at a higher level.
Still a Blade
Billyblade.
That could have been me speaking, exactly how I feel and presumably why I wasn't too upset when we failed.....again this season. So what's the point, if your aim as a supporter ISN'T to get promoted? Every season you want United to win every game in order to get that promotion. I really, really wish I didn't love them as much as I do. One of these days though I fear, I'll say, that really is enough and just walk away. I wonder, if that 'first love' feeling will ever come back.

Out of interest, whats wrong with the student pricing? I always thought it was pretty good, infact pricing in general at the lane is very good compared to most.
Well documented that they don't treat loyal out of town students well.

Back
Top Bottom