Season ticket prices

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It’s one of the things that McCabe and Bog Roll have consistently got right. Even their biggest detractors should be able to agree on that?

And, whatever else they’ve messed up, I’m happy to be publicly grateful for that. There have been several years in the last decade where I’d have had to pack it in otherwise, personally.

EDIT: now I’ve said that, watch out for ST prices rocketing up by 25% 😂

Unfortunately the extra income from increasing prices does help the clubs finances. Costs have gone up and realistically the cost of watching the Blades should reflect this.

Unfortunately the extra income from increasing prices does help the clubs finances. Costs have gone up and realistically the cost of watching the Blades should reflect this.
Aye, very true. When the owners charge us as little as possible, “everyone” seems to agree they’ve got it right. When they don’t spunk lots of their own cash, they’ve got it wrong. :)

Bradford City’s owners “get it right”, every season, and look at the success that’s brought.

On the one hand I agree with the sentiment that "you get what you pay for".. apart from the pigs lol.

But the problem is say you charge £100 extra, and get 22,000 ST sales. That's only £2.2 million extra. That's a drop in the ocean in todays football finance. Barely worth the upset it would cause.

On the one hand I agree with the sentiment that "you get what you pay for".. apart from the pigs lol.

But the problem is say you charge £100 extra, and get 22,000 ST sales. That's only £2.2 million extra. That's a drop in the ocean in todays football finance. Barely worth the upset it would cause.
Not in the championship though. Once costs are covered, it’s a significant increase in spare money potentially available for transfers.

Not in the championship though. Once costs are covered, it’s a significant increase in spare money potentially available for transfers.

That amount of money got you 30% of Carl Cort a quarter of a century ago. £2m today buys you effectively fuck all.

That amount of money got you 30% of Carl Cort a quarter of a century ago. £2m today buys you effectively fuck all.
……or pays for two big Bosman signings on £20,000 a week. If you spend it right it’s potentially a significant uptick for many clubs.

On top of that, investors and sponsors will look at the money the club can bring in from elsewhere.

Going back to my Bradford example, the “fuck all” difference has kept a big club in the fourth division for something like a decade.

……or pays for two big Bosman signings on £20,000 a week. If you spend it right it’s potentially a significant uptick for many clubs.

Maybe, but I'm really not sure who you get in on that sort of money that is going to be a significant improvement on what we have right now regardless of area of the pitch when you see the likes of that baldy get in S6 on more than that. You could do that, but it'd be squad filling for the sake of squad filling, if you're going to piss fans off with that sort of increase it should go towards tying down what we have to improved contracts rather than ending up with an Ndiaye 2.0 situation because we've dicked around

Maybe, but I'm really not sure who you get in on that sort of money that is going to be a significant improvement on what we have right now regardless of area of the pitch when you see the likes of that baldy get in S6 on more than that. You could do that, but it'd be squad filling for the sake of squad filling, if you're going to piss fans off with that sort of increase it should go towards tying down what we have to improved contracts rather than ending up with an Ndiaye 2.0 situation because we've dicked around
If you haven’t got that money, you have to sell or let go two (probably star) players on £20,000 a week, in order to “do the right thing” and keep season ticket prices down.

Last edited:
#moneytreeotherpeoplesmoney

Vs

#weerzmunnehgonenoambishun

Ding ding, round think of a number and times by plenty

Winner plays either #trenches or #ihateunited in the final

Have our prices been released for 24/25 how do you know they arn't that much, ITK or assuming from last years prices?
No chance they go up that much.

Despite how very reasonable our ST prices have been for years, it would be suicide to increase them that much under any circumstances, let alone in the current climate noyh on and off the pitch.

If my ST goes up £200 or £300 I'd find it hard not to still pay it after having one for the best part of 40 years bar one, but I'd probably take stock first.

We've done much to increase our attendances in recent times going back to before League 1 but I can't see more than £40 or £50 max increases next season whatever league we're in. Even that increase will see a drop imho, especially in the Champ.

The OP has actually quoted the most expensive ST's at Boro, I think.
£510 for the equivalent of our Kop ticket. Still expensive though, I grant you. Same as Pigs ST I think.
utb

Yes, so the effects of a few million quid are magnified.
What does that mean? Didn’t you suggest significantly more money available despite income reducing by some £45m? The only major cost reduction would appear to be wages. That won’t cover the loss in income.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom