R.E.S.P.E.C.T - H.E.C.K.Y (P)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

This time last year we were second in the Championship, from memory, and we never dropped out of that spot. The season before, we were in the play-offs. I get it that it might be time for Hecky to go, but he doesn't really deserve any abuse from the fan base. With a decent budget he might have been able to bring in players who would get us out of the bottom three, who knows.

We all thought Anel would be fine in the top flight, along with Hamer and Archer, but it's not proving to be the case, as we all know.

As I have said a few times, if we change the manager, what does he do with the players we have?, is it really just a case of a different formation? Genuine question, because from what I can see, that won't make a difference. We have virtually no pace in the side, as we saw on Saturday, with how fast the Bournemouth players were, the front three racing down as wide men made it close to our box to put a cross in.

We are not really strong enough, with the exception of Jack Robbo and Oli McB, who both steamed in when Billings was acting the tough man.

Teams know exactly how to nullify us by stopping Norwood.

Sorry for the rant, I guess what I am saying is Hecky really is working with one (or probably) both hands tied behind his back.

Agree. Thanks for steadying the ship etc but it is time for a change, he’s not the right man or team to lead us next season. A change now won’t keep us up but hopefully with a new manager and coaching team we’ll see an improvement, some positive play and maybe build up a bit of momentum and confidence to carry into next season.
Isn’t this the man and team that gained promotion by some margin last season ? Why can they not do it again ?

This time last year we were second in the Championship, from memory, and we never dropped out of that spot. The season before, we were in the play-offs. I get it that it might be time for Hecky to go, but he doesn't really deserve any abuse from the fan base. With a decent budget he might have been able to bring in players who would get us out of the bottom three, who knows.

We all thought Anel would be fine in the top flight, along with Hamer and Archer, but it's not proving to be the case, as we all know.

As I have said a few times, if we change the manager, what does he do with the players we have?, is it really just a case of a different formation? Genuine question, because from what I can see, that won't make a difference. We have virtually no pace in the side, as we saw on Saturday, with how fast the Bournemouth players were, the front three racing down as wide men made it close to our box to put a cross in.

We are not really strong enough, with the exception of Jack Robbo and Oli McB, who both steamed in when Billings was acting the tough man.

Sorry for the rant, I guess what I am saying is Hecky really is working with one (or probably) both hands tied behind his back.
Exactly that. No change of manager from the limited group who may wish to come, would make these players more talented, stronger and/ or quicker.

All this "talk" about sacking the manager misses the more important subject of who replaces him. Very few of the subscribers have come up with viable suggestions. Sacking PH is the easy part replacing him with somebody who has a fighting chance of pulling this season round is more problematic. I think PH deserves more time even though it looks like he's struggling at the moment. While I'm at it what happened to all the "don't mind if we get relegated as long as the side continues to develop"? Not many heads above the parapet now!
Here is a head over the parapet.
This season is all about putting the club on a viable financial footing.
I don’t like what I see but do understand what is happening. What then happens with the three windows ( 2024/5) and the youngsters who we have will paint the picture of success or the opposite.

Isn’t this the man and team that gained promotion by some margin last season ? Why can they not do it again ?
You are correct that it's the same man. Why am I doubtful that he could bring us up again?.

I do recognise that recruitment was below par and limited which would obviously make us one of the favourites to go down

This squad is not gelling, We are wedded to a 352 formation that hasn't worked for us since Wilders first season in PL. Constant injuries to players. We are not in the least bit inventive. Match day adjustments are too late and too little. If this isn't addressed now and some organisation and spirit back into the team, the dressing room will become toxic. If it gets to that there is no hope of bouncing back.

Maybe he has his hands but it doesn’t hide the facts that he can’t motivate,can’t get the players fit, inept tacticaly.

A new manager isn't going to make our midfield more mobile than a Burtons dummy, it's not going to make our players be able to deliver a simple pass, control it first time and move the ball forward with any type of skill or ability, and it's not going to give naturally ungifted players any increased speed of thought.

Without Ndiaye and Berge we wouldn't have got promoted from the Championship, and we'll see that next year, so giving Hecky the push will only result in us giving the next manager the push half way through next season.

People are giving Hecky respect for the things he deserves, mainly from the 2 previous Championship seasons. He did a hell of a job!

The main weakness seems to be same that people have also been saying 2 seasons and it's lack of changes from Hecky. He doesn't do much different until injuries force him to and that is the sole reason of frustration, yet it also seem easy to fix.

I think Hecky has potential and could be better (same as some of our players) but he needs to realize it soon!

Back
Top Bottom