Season ticket holders attending next Saturday's game or not?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Season ticket holders attending next Saturday's game or not?

• I am a season ticket holder, had both jabs and I am going to the match

Votes: 400 76.6%
  • I am a season ticket holder, had one jab and I am going to the match

Votes: 41 7.9%
  • I am a season ticket holder, still waiting for the jab and I am going to the match

Votes: 9 1.7%
  • I am a season ticket holder, I refuse to be jabbed and I am going to the match

Votes: 16 3.1%
  • I am a season ticket holder, had both jabs but not going to the match

Votes: 54 10.3%
  • I am a season ticket holder, had one jab but not going to the match

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • I am a season ticket holder, still waiting for the jab so I am not going to the match

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am a season ticket holder, I refuse to be jabbed so I am not going to the match

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Had both, and will be there.

I think it will be a weird sensation to be honest, being in a big, closely-packed crowd after so long. I'm not sure what I'll do re. mask in the ground. Will depend on how I feel on the day I expect.
I promised my wife that I will be wearing my facemask inside the ground

I think the face mask thing will be a surprise to some who have not been in big crowds yet.

I work in a School and thus have been used to wearing them for 9-10 months but was surprised at attending my first sporting fixtures the last few weeks.

I have been to a few cricket matches and was quite cautious and wore a mask as I was on the concourse/going to the toilet etc, basically moving around. I did not wear it in my seat I must admit but had only my son next to me and a few spare seats around. The Lane will be full-ish of course

I literally barely saw a person wearing a mask both seated and moving around though. I was surprised. They told us to wear one on the move but noone did all day in/out of seats. So I kind of protected others but was not really protected properly myself!

Looking at games recently on TV, you see noone with a mask on and I would expect it to be the similar at the Lane next week with small numbers wearing which might be something some may want to consider.

Suppose you could go in really early and leave early/wait if it concerned fans but the concourses/ stands I expect will be full of mostly non mask wearing fans I'd expect from my experiences so far of going back to Sport.

With no restrictions on entry (vaccjnation status/symptoms and also timings/entrances) and bars open it will be the same hurly burly it used to be I expect. I think for some it will be odd being round thousands of peoole and right next to people (no social distancing) without masks on but don't see how it won't be with no limits on crowds.

I promised my wife that I will be wearing my facemask inside the ground
That seems reasonable tbh. It's a week away, but as of right now I think I probably will. I hope there's not a shitload of anti-maskers abusing anyone that chooses to wear one.

Got one, had both and will be going.

Didn’t have a face mask on at Donny, or see anyone wearing one at all.

That seems reasonable tbh. It's a week away, but as of right now I think I probably will. I hope there's not a shitload of anti-maskers abusing anyone that chooses to wear one.

At Scarborough at the Cricket that very thing happened to me. An older guy told me to 'take that off. You don't need it. Noone is wearing those stupid things!' I did not get into any argument as was with my son who was also wearing (just as we queued and was going in). Sadly, I worry that those who choose to wear may get some of that.

I think the problem is that a few (it won't be many) will wear and I think that is fine and their choice ( I may well do as entering the ground/going to toilets etc) but most won't. So effectively those wearing are protecting others from them self but not really themselves fully as the evidence suggests this means they only get moderate protection.

I’ve never really been a fence sitter. But I’ve found myself being a lot more cautious and tentative than I ever imagined I’d be. Yes, my mask will be in my back pocket, when I go to the game. But if everyone around me are wearing mask, I’ll probably oblige.

Im not 100% sure of what the rules are, at the end of the day it could be down to personal choice, which is fine by me.

I will definitely wear a mask on the trains down and back but not at the game, just as I did for Donny in midweek.

Had both jabs, season ticket holder - can't wait to get there.
Like everything else in life at the moment though, I am treating things with caution and will have my FP3 mask in my pocket ready to pop on if I feel vulnerable or have to go to the bogs or get caught up in a crowd leaving.
I'll get to the match early, as I tend to anyway as I like to feel the atmosphere build. I'll leave late as I am in no rush to get home. So I'll restrict the times I am mingling with tight crowds.
In a football match environment I have no issues if people don't wear a mask.
It is outdoors, the risk is minimal so I am not too nervous about things when I am sat in my seat.
But I wouldn't mind too much if I HAD to wear one. Being back at the Lane, fullish crowd and some sort of football normality is far more important to me.

At Scarborough at the Cricket that very thing happened to me. An older guy told me to 'take that off. You don't need it. Noone is wearing those stupid things!' I did not get into any argument as was with my son who was also wearing (just as we queued and was going in). Sadly, I worry that those who choose to wear may get some of that.

I think the problem is that a few (it won't be many) will wear and I think that is fine and their choice ( I may well do as entering the ground/going to toilets etc) but most won't. So effectively those wearing are protecting others from them self but not really themselves fully as the evidence suggests this means they only get moderate protection.
You should have slotted the old git (joking) up to the individual. I won't be wearing one but no problems with those that do. Fed up of society in general you seem to have to have extreme views on one thing or another these days instead of being respectful of others??

Both jabs but clinically extremely vulnerable so I'm undecided especially as some will take advantage of the long drinking day. Trains back to Leeds after 10pm are not as frequent as they were due to the timetable changes apparently including no EMR train to Leeds as it's been dropped. Stupid KO time with no consideration for away fans. Why couldn't it be 7pm or 7.30pm?

Last edited:
I'll be there fully jabbed and not wearing a mask.

Went to Tramlines last weekend. No masks worn there. Atmosphere was brilliant and people just kept a respectful distance except in the most pit.

I'm 62 and feel we've just got to get on and learn to live with it. If people want to wear a mask then I've no problem with it but please respect others.

I will be there with fucking bells on. I can’t wait. Natter in pub, see a few old familiar faces and give em shit. Bait the bell end who sits 3 rows in front of me who shouts utter shite all game. It’s gunna be fucking rate good.

Went to Donny Races yesterday with the wife we both had ours on but hardly anyone else did inside or out.
Eventually we took ours off just felt daft being just about the only ones with them on.
I will have mine with me and if the people sat around me have theirs on I will put mine on.
As others have said just hope if people want to wear them then people respect that.

Back
Top Bottom