Scrap this Knocker v Clapper thing, this is a genuine crisis.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I don't know if you have met me hence the question?

Apathy? Why do you say that?

I want us to be the best but I don't have a black card so what else can I do?

Take my shoes off I suppose?

Now it all makes sense....a shoeless old git holding a black card up.

Cards wasted on you ! ... thought I'd not bother ..... I'll send them to the Apathy Society

How do you know I haven't met you - I've been going to the Lane just as long as you have!

They're probably right!

No, I don't know best !

Any other questions?

No!

UTB!

Good!
I have

Thats Good !
I can now sit down and enjoy a glass of Merlot before dinner happy in the knowledge that United have avoided defeat today!

UTB!!!

I've still got the hangover from my 2.00PM start and 1AM finish yesterday. I gave the real ale trail a good kick, and not a beard or leather elbow patch in sight.

About to go next door for another bender. Hair of the dog.

UTB

!

But then who funds the ongoing month to month debt?

It wouldn't be a problem, as McCabe insists he doesn't take any money, and the debt / interest is just an accounting thing. I believe him. No, really.

UTB

It wouldn't be a problem, as McCabe insists he doesn't take any money, and the debt / interest is just an accounting thing. I believe him. No, really.

UTB

If there's a month to month debt to fund, how can anyone "take any money"?

I saw that Al Fayed at Fulham has converted their debt (capital) to equity but that's fine when the month to month (revenue) is positive. We have converted the capital but still have a revenue problem that someone needs to fund.

Knowing our fans and any attempt at organisation, the cards would be held up in the wrong order making it look like an East Midlands Trains sponsorship or a campaign for HS2.

I'd be surprised if Garyoke didn't wade in:
"Kevin McCabe being called a prick, brought to you in association with Sheffield Window Centre"

Don't boycott the match if you're a season ticket holder. Go, and take a mate. Lets try for the biggest crowd of the season, and then on ten minutes, which I've picked because that was Blackman's number, everyone turn their backs for a minute, or even two. No chanting, no shouting, just a minute's silence. See if that grabs his attention. You get to protest and you still get to see the game.

KM won't care. He has your money and your mates so it won't bother him what you do during the match.

17 games left, 51 points available, added to the 48 we already have would mean 99, six more than we needed to go up last season. Easy, next question.......

But that would relies on us winning most of our games, what we can't do at the moment. So not an easy question.

I don't know if you have met me hence the question?

Apathy? Why do you say that?

I want us to be the best but I don't have a black card so what else can I do?

Take my shoes off I suppose?

Now it all makes sense....a shoeless old git holding a black card up.
So haven't you got a sheet of A4 paper and a black marker pen? Get scribbling now and it should be ready for Tuesday night. (If you're a sad f***er that is :) Or, now this is a novel idea, let's support the team and leave the black protest until the end of the season, when we're relegated. Sorry sf, I just lost it for a minute, not directed at you. Siggggghh, think I'll take a sabbatical

Why? Did he pick up a trick with a ping-pong ball in a Bangkok bar?
when united concede a goal he fires a salvo from a twix his cheeks , then races over to his laptop hurriedly posting on here ( forgetting to turn on spellcheck)

Great post Keef and pretty much nail on the head. Think the context of what you were trying to say got lost on the first page but what can you expect? The club IS made up of clappers and knockers, always has been. You just need to look at some of the posts to see that there are still some out there who think we'll get promoted, who think that clapping and cheering makes a difference and who think we should go to every game and "get behind the lads" even if they've just stunk the place out. Booing may be counterproductive but blindly cheering them hasn't got us anywhere has it?

Whilst we may vehemently disagree on here we all care no matter which side of the fence we're on mate, we're fans and it matters to us. McCabe doesn't give a shit, he isn't a fan (he can't be otherwise he'd have stopped this rot years ago) and what he's doing/done is indefensible. He's had the easiest ride of any chairman in the league and he still is. No wonder he won't piss off, there's no pressure on him to do so. We'll never do anything with him at the helm, he's a Judas and he needs ousting.

If any other Chairman in the history of the club had even attempted to do what McCabe has done - run the club to the brink of ruination whilst simulatneously conducting a land grab of every single asset - he'd have been run out of town eons ago when enough people had woken up to his ruse.

But as Linz identifies - it's too little too late now, he's managed to win enough over long enough so that every time he wants to do something (overseas dveleopments, hotels, backdrops to fairness in football campaigns) a press offensive, nice little q and a, answer a few letters, ring a few up and job done. Any actual investement has been in the form of shares in rights issues which enabled the total control he now has. The rest has been loans which he wants back before handing the club over.

That's the key issue. Having failed in all his stated objectives for his football club, he wants his money back together with all the assets already transferred. And no-one is going to pay the xty millions that will come to (does anyone even know anymore, given the myriad of companies/subsidiaries etc the layers of ownership now are?) to buy something with no fixed or tangible assets. He's a smart operator so he must know that to be the case.

So, what next? Admin? I know, I know, he'll be effectively doing himself out of his money, but as a means of evicting a tenant you don't want so you can crack on with the land whilst not appearing to be the man doing the evicting, it's an option? Only in extremis and the ultimate conspiracy theory/doomsday scenario, but who foresaw us in the here and now 5 years ago? In the interests of balance and to prevent accusations of madness I do not, repeat do not believe this is the culmination of a decade of evil planning and cackling over a glass of brandy by his fireside in his study of an evening, but certainly as Plan A crumbled Plan B was born as a fallback. It's what any sensible business does.

And even if he does (keep an eye on the future of Don Valley) what could we do? Nothing. We used to think it was our club, but it's his and his alone. So (and I'm as guilty as the rest here) no point in anymore McCabe threads as a support we either

A) Form a BIFA type organisation and try and raise enough to own some sort of stake in the club
B) Carry on watching and hope for the best
C) Walk away

Over to us I suppose...

And that's the whole sorry situation summed up. Nothing we can do, nothing to be done and we'll keep spiralling downwards. But while ever there's hope....... I'll keep hoping, but only just :(

If there's a month to month debt to fund, how can anyone "take any money"?

I saw that Al Fayed at Fulham has converted their debt (capital) to equity but that's fine when the month to month (revenue) is positive. We have converted the capital but still have a revenue problem that someone needs to fund.

If you don't charge any interest or want it back, there's nothing to fund - in terns of the acquired debt. In terms of month to month shortfalls, with FFP restriction on 65%, surely this can't be a big problem any more?

UTB

Some interesting points here, but really ... are we not just pissing into the wind, here?

My belief is that SUFC is in a world of financial shit, and McCabe (for all his faults) is using some pretty harsh, but effective measures to bale out the water. These days businessmen are not attached to football clubs for anything else but a cool return on their investments, and my reckoning is McCabe has already warned the board that there will be no more cash input and to stay alive, the club is going to have to shed assets to stay afloat. This was exactly what happened at Pompey (albeit they had a higher wage bill and Gaydemak owned the ground, like McCabe does) and the messages aren't good in my opinion. I think for as much as people slate him (and believe me, I don't particularly rate the bloke as a businessman - his appointments of managers since Warnock have been bobbar) without him we will irreversibly collapse, so any talk of 'forcing him out' with car park protests, shoes off or mass letters is futile and irrelevant.

We are about to watch a car crash. All of us will just have to sit this out and hope for happier times. The rescue which happened in the 1980-90s eventually came and we regained some impetus and yes, this will only happen with a change of board-level staffing and people who want United to do well. The only thing is, football these days is a totally different animal and if we do slump - and drop further - we just have to keep remembering we are all still Blades and we have seen this all before. McCabe may be a stupid dickhead to many of us at the moment, but I guarantee if he put the club up for sale tomorrow and took what is rightfully his, we'd sink like a brick. If the unthinkable happens and our balloon slowly deflates this season, we slink ungraciously out of the promotional challenge, key players fuck off to other pastures and next season we find ourselves with half the horsepower and Wilson playing shit tactics with bobbins players, then we are just going to have to weather the storm and watch it happen. We can all handle relegation, disappointing performances, the shit at S6 being above us, our playing staff sold even playoff heartbreak. What we won't handle (and what would break my heart) is if we were in the position Pompey are now when all the pretty birds have flown and the club is being torn to bits by previous interested parties, fans conglomorates and Southampton up the road laughing their cocks off. Our worst case scenario is us out of business, BDTBL turned into flats and a supermarket and us being 'remember Sheffield United?' and being a question in Trivial Pursuit. We're a bit away from that as yet, but then again, Luton Town used to be in the top flight not long ago.

Think on.

pommpey

not turning up to the match in protest is a bit like cutting your shlong off becaue youve found out your missus is cheating on you
you end up sat at home on your own with no todger
to me its not in question, ive given up and won`t be returning, kevin , danny or anyone else in charge..i couldn`t care less

A) Form a BIFA type organisation and try and raise enough to own some sort of stake in the club
B) Carry on watching and hope for the best
C) Walk away

Over to us I suppose...

Bang, and we have a winner I think. Protest by not turning up gains nothing. McCabe never makes home games (and why would he). I assume no investors are really interested (Nigerian is a pile of pish in my opinion) so where are we? Nowhere with no money and a crazy owner making knee jerk statements and reactions to either apease the supporters (Adams as Manager because he is one of us etc). Then he changes policy mid season (buy youth then sell it as soon as someone comes waving a few bob).

Now, answer A is the one for me. But are enough people actually behind it? I believe a pressure group pro SUFC (not anti McCabe and that is key) who have the club and its supporters at heart. We may have lost the club at this point but this isn't forever. Football is something unique in most places because while money talks and matters, the supporters watch the club no matter how bad it is and what shit is doled up. That is why I don't believe in all this black card protest, quit watching the club or no show protest. Its not bollocks by the way but I just don't think it will ever lead anywhere.

So as Raul says, over to us. Do enough actually believe that we are in genuine crisis? Or is it just a few mentalists like me, Raul and Metal etc who just happen to make a lot of noise? Also, I would think even those who hope and pray we will go up can see theres a massive problem within the club. Just because you are a "clapper" doesn't mean you don't see problems you just perhaps can't see a solution and booing the team certainly isn't one.

If McCabe walks away, he leaves with the "real estate" that he so handsomely transferred out of our football club to one of our many holding/parent/group companies. But not to worry, we're well run and we're only in debt to ourselves etc etc

Ironically, him walking away could just be as disastrous as him staying.

Back
Top Bottom