Scouting network

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

brownie4583

1 Chrissy Wilder
Reaction score
Why do we not seem to identify any good young premiership players to BDTBL?
MK Dons had Bamford from Chelsea last season,this season they have Afobe,and Crewe had Anieki from Arsenal who were all quality at this level.
Surely there are some young strikers from the premiership who would knock in the goals we need to at least make the top 6?
If Utd give me a couple of grand I will go and identify some good strikers no problem

To be fair our scouting network includes Simon Clough who's previous experience includes owning a village corner shop...

Just out of interest who would you look to sign?

images

This one ?

To be fair our scouting network includes Simon Clough who's previous experience includes owning a village corner shop...

Just out of interest who would you look to sign?
I'm sure the likes of Man City,Man Utd,Chelsea,Liverpool,Arsenal,Spursetc have some good young strikers who would knock a few in at this level!

Completely agree, we need more john cofie's haha.
Seriously though, growing up I thought we didn't get good players on loan because managers hated warnock but I thought cloughie might have some friends in high places... But I'm guessing not. Maybe all the strikers close to a premiership squad would rather go out on loan to a championship side, but they must have some kids on the fringes who are better than deadly strike duo porter and Collins.
Personally I like mcnulty but he's a secondary striker and needs someone up there with him.

I have never understood the lack of foreign players at the lane.

It seems that in our fair city, the pigs have always been the more willing to embrace the continental players, whereas we would rather bumble along with a hard working yet limited squad of Brits.

If young premiership players go out on loan to Crewe,MK Dons etc surely they would come to Sheff Utd?
Do our scouts only look around Scotland? :)

We should do better regarding pl loan players. We do miss out even at this level on targets that end up at rivals.

Not sure it's the scouting that's the issue and it isn't our Nigel . I wonder what the word in the football street is on him? .
We've seen him bomb players out for one reason or another and whilst some in the game might applaud this uncompromising approach I'm not sure how this goes down with young players and their agents .

Seams to be that your face fits or it doesn't , why risk it ?

Not sure it's the scouting that's the issue and it isn't our Nigel . I wonder what the word in the football street is on him? .
We've seen him bomb players out for one reason or another and whilst some in the game might applaud this uncompromising approach I'm not sure how this goes down with young players and their agents .

Seams to be that your face fits or it doesn't , why risk it ?
You may have a very valid point . Mr Clough and Mr Clough brother , when it comes to football , do seem to be of the old school , which does not always go down well in the modern game of football . From a supporters point of view i am glad to see a manager who is in the John Harris mould ( for them who can remember ). Mr Clough is building the club , and most important , a team / squad to get us out of this division. I do not think that his way of management , does go down well with all young players and there agents , but the players family , would know any young footballer , if any good , would progress at the blades . Look at McNulty and co .

Mr Clough in some ways is a chip of the old block of Mr Clough senior , when it comes to players . We do seem to have a settled , committed , set of players , who are now starting to prove themselves . In the rumour section it appears we are after another forward .Could this mean a show of defiance by Mr Clough regarding you know who . Could you know who work with Mr Clough and vis versa. You are bang on , your face has to fit with Mr Clough as it had to with Mr Harris , Long term this is the way to go for the club,

McNulty a young Sir Keith Edwards in more ways than one.

UTB . 3-0 to the Blades tomorrow,

I remember John Harris getting rid of Keith Kettleborough (who was a classy player from my memories of him - probably flawed memories) because his face didn't fit.

Possibly it made it easier for JH but they were reported to have had a disagreement and JH wanted rid according to KK's obituary.
Keith wasnt a hit at Newcastle, despite being picked in the England World Cup squad of 40 players, and later on in the year he became player-manager at Doncaster then getting the sack and then moving to Chesterfield and then Matlock. I remember seeing him at Maud Maxfield Sports Day (his daughter was a pupil) with a plaster pot on his leg and having a chat with my dad

Mcnulty is keith edwards now ?
He isnt even starting games yet (hope he does tonight)

Perhaps we should ask which of our super scouts managed to miss out on Jamie Vardy and Lee Gregory when they were with local non league outfits :(

Perhaps we should ask which of our super scouts managed to miss out on Jamie Vardy and Lee Gregory when they were with local non league outfits :(
Their respective clubs wanted a team bus as payment, but United would not match other clubs offers of a team bus plus new kit. An insider at the lane said that United would not pay more than they are worth. But would be looking to add to the squad with loan signings from the Scottish highland league. :rolleyes:

Or ask why we ended up with Che Adams and Kieren Wallace, the latter I understand had a very good game yesterday

Back
Top Bottom