Saudi National Day Tweet

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I’d like to visit Saudi Arabia, guess that makes me a bad person (or a worse problem)
I've been. Madinah is lovely, and the mosque is stunning. Mecca is a bit of a shithole apart from the area around the mosque.

Hope to visit more of the country and the huge number of historical sites it has now they have opened up visit visas more.

Don't understand why we need to be tweeting that. The only thing that makes me not disgusted by him owning us is that he seems to not be really part of the royal family. Nonsense like that they should cut out. Pretty sickening to me.

It's a tweet from the club which for me gets lost in so many other tweets that pop out from whoever I follow. Although when I looked into it the tweet is not on @sufcarabic which is the official Arabic twitter handle for the club 🤷‍♂️

The world is fucked. Everyone wants to have something to be appalled about on a daily basis and to varying degrees people will make a protest from a simple tweet or a protest on the streets

Whether that’s a man getting shot by police for failing to stop when he’s in a car connected with crime or a tweet about Saudi’s national day of celebration.

I saw a tweet video last night with Gareth Southgate and Harry Kane explaining and justifying the armbands for the World Cup as their protest against the issues in Qatar. It’s possibly the most hypocritical thing for them to do and it reinforces how the money actually means more than the lives of migrant workers or the human rights issues in Qatar. We’re going anyway.

So why is the world fucked? Because people would rather be outraged than get to the source of the problem.

Don’t like Saudi, then do something about it - research what they produce and don’t use their products (good luck there). What’s the point in an angry retweet. Perhaps, just perhaps that not everyone from Saudi is a bad person… and to join them in celebrating brings the world closer rather than ostracising them

I don’t mind Oli Holt - he was a big supporter of us during the Tevez affair. And he’s not wrong here either (if we’re honest and not engaging in whataboutery)

Excuse my ignorance but what the fuck is a cold pressed beverage? Is this marketing bollocks speak for fruit juice? :mad:
If you watch the Biggs YouTube interview with Basham, Basham mentions the drinks you see players having from the pouches is pickle juice. Not sure if it's related to that.
Pickle juice is supposed to help prevent cramps, Ndiaye hasn't been coming off at the 60 minutes mark this season so maybe it's working.

i dont get the fuss. i saw it, thought alright nice for them & then scrolled past
That's how the world should be. Sadly, there are far too many people who have to make a point for no reason other than to have their opinion heard by someone who might give a fuck.

Saw a social experiment not long since. Guy was talking to a female, trying to chat her up I guess. He was getting nowhere with small talk. So all he did was repeat everything she said. She loved it. And that's where we are at as a people. Selfish. Me me me.

Fuck off. And they're all in their 20s. That generation are fuckin dickheads.

Don't understand why we need to be tweeting that. The only thing that makes me not disgusted by him owning us is that he seems to not be really part of the royal family. Nonsense like that they should cut out. Pretty sickening to me.
Because we have a Saudi owner.
As you've said he isn't part of the regime. Nothing to be sickened about.
Beyond that it seems racist from people who reckon to know better.

That's how the world should be. Sadly, there are far too many people who have to make a point for no reason other than to have their opinion heard by someone who might give a fuck.

Saw a social experiment not long since. Guy was talking to a female, trying to chat her up I guess. He was getting nowhere with small talk. So all he did was repeat everything she said. She loved it. And that's where we are at as a people. Selfish. Me me me.

Last sentence is way off. Loads are great. Same as other generations. I bet most of the twattish comments on here come from people outside that group.

there will be exceptions i know some great people in that age, i agree for the alot of people as love island has alot to answer for

Because we have a Saudi owner.
As you've said he isn't part of the regime. Nothing to be sickened about.
Beyond that it seems racist from people who reckon to know better.
Well he is part of the Royal Family. He's not an average Saudi who's done well for himself is he. Not sure who you are referring to with the racism comment tbh. I'm sickened that my club is officially celebrating Saudi day because the Saudi regime are absolutely disgusting.

well as a confirmed "woke liberal leftie snowflake" im not too bothered about this as its a day for the nation and people of saudi rather than the government /rulers and in my eyes no different to st georges day/Royal bdays which are co-opted bt others.

weve just had 7 days "celebrating" a woman who has paid of £12m of our money to protect her nonce son so..... and have a governmnet that has given a tax break to millionaires while working people are using foodbanks once we get our houuse in order then we can point the finger

e6c65291-d0da-4bd5-8436-50a2974a9770_text.gif

I just don’t get it. We’re not owned by the Saudi state, our only connection to the country is that our owner is from there. It’s exactly the kind of thing we’d laugh at the Pigs for. I don’t recall us celebrating Atatürk, Youth and Sports Day when Selahattin Baki was on the board of directors.

would those complaining about it be upset if we*d done like wednesday had and forced fed us the Thai kings coronation
I think a tweet is quite acceptable .
I notice Instagram are trying to justify letting a 13 year old girl advice on how to commit suicide, which she took
now that does bother me
I dont see many Man City fans taking umbridge to anything Saudi

would those complaining about it be upset if we*d done like wednesday had and forced fed us the Thai kings coronation
I think a tweet is quite acceptable .
I notice Instagram are trying to justify letting a 13 year old girl advice on how to commit suicide, which she took
now that does bother me
I dont see many Man City fans taking umbridge to anything Saudi
Why would you expect Man City fans take umbridge to anything the Saudi’s do? How would that reflect in any way on them?

Well he is part of the Royal Family. He's not an average Saudi who's done well for himself is he. Not sure who you are referring to with the racism comment tbh. I'm sickened that my club is officially celebrating Saudi day because the Saudi regime are absolutely disgusting.

“Sickened” 😂😂😂. Don’t be so pathetic.

What is it about the Saudi regime that you find disgusting and how much of that is our owner specifically responsible for?

Reactions: SWB
Not sure wishing the people of Saudi Arabia a happy national day is akin to supporting the regime there.

People get wound up over this but have nothing to say when Saudis come on our twitter feed with their homophobia.

I just don’t get it. We’re not owned by the Saudi state, our only connection to the country is that our owner is from there. It’s exactly the kind of thing we’d laugh at the Pigs for. I don’t recall us celebrating Atatürk, Youth and Sports Day when Selahattin Baki was on the board of directors.
Predictably, the Oliver Holt tweet has made it onto the SUFC thread on Porktalk. It was more than five days since the last posting, so you can imagine the relief now they have something new to froth and tut tut about.

And we did laugh at the video of them paying respects to the late King of Thailand for several minutes, a man most of them couldn’t even name. The difference in that case is that their Thai owner insisted it should happen, in our case, I doubt HRH even knew the message was going to happen.

My view, I’m not exercised by it, but it was always going to be at least a bit controversial and was therefore unnecessary.

The racism comment is obvious.
Being sickened by a tweet wishing the people of a nation well, based on the actions of a sub-set, is tarring everyone with the same brush. Simple really.
Although it's actually xenophobia if we are being accurate.

People offended or insulted by tweets really need to get some real problems in their lives.

Back
Top Bottom