Sander Berge

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Motm yet again. Proper footballer. This intense period will help him in the long run. Stevens, Baldock and Fleck were really poor today.
Agree 100%. Berge will be a quality player , hopefully for us. Steven's and fleck have had a poor start and we miss them.

Berge was the best midfielder on the pitch today. Even for 45 mins, bossed it in possession, bullied them off the ball. Showed excellent strength to push two away whilst keeping possession. Looks to be settling in nicely now. All those doubting him and mcburnie, give your heads a wobble best player on the pitch. Mcburnie not far off.
I nearly agree with this. Berge was great but mcburnie man of match. Outstanding performance

His attitude was spot on today too.

He was leading us and taking risks by closing Arsenal down at the top of the field. He covers ground over long distances quite quickly, it's in tight spaces where he looks a little immobile - this is what he needs to work on in pre-season, but it also suggests he needs to be playing deep with space in front of him.

There is definitely a very good player in there that we can work with. And lads, he's 21.

It's been so disappointing to see our fans writing him off this early into his career.
Good post, but Morgs (and CW), he's 22.
;)

Thought Berge showed some promising flashes of what we expect of him, but definitely some way to go yet.

He clearly feels comfortable in a defensive role. As a semi attacking player it isn’t happening but I’m sensing a plan that sees a new spine, replacing Norwood and Didzy. I hope to see signings in those areas.

You can tell that he thrives of getting the ball , just give him the ball as much as possible

Looked quality today

Unrecognisable today compared to previous appearances - energetic, sharp, quick, aggressive, comfortable on the ball, in-tune with teammates and looked as though he enjoyed it. All those shuttles in Millhouses Park must be paying off! Difficult to believe (although easy to forget) that he's 22 and living in a foreign country. I don't even want to think what I was doing when I was 22.

He seemed to be playing as "himself" today. He's taken a while to settle, and I think up to now he's tried to be very safe and almost scared to do what he does in case it doesn't come off (which I'd put down to pressure on expectation on his young shoulders).

Today he was much more confident and had the self belief that had been lacking. Some lovely little touches and movement of the ball in to space, while looking relaxed and casual. He also showed he is faster than a lot of players as opposed to quicker. He might not beat players over a couple of metres but his long legs can definitely win the sprints a la Usain Bolt.

Today will have done him the world of good and might even give Norwood a kick up the arse too

You can tell that he thrives of getting the ball , just give him the ball as much as possible

Looked quality today

Yep. The more of the ball he sees, the quicker he will be to adjust.

Being in our team has made it a hard start for him. Having good possession in a couple of games soon will help him.

And with Lundstram's injury he might now be looking at a prolonged run in the team.

If he started to look the part, it would likely be the biggest positive from the end of the season.

Interesting that Wilder has said that he will eventually be a sitting deep lying midfielder in his post match interview.

It's what a lot of us suspected.
It's the role for him. I think he's a player who will play at his best when he has alot of the ball and that role will give him that. It will allow him more space to drive forward with the ball too which he's good at. The RCM role must be uncomfortable for him because it's one that asks abit more on the attacking front than perhaps he can offer. Play him CDM and the balance of attack and defence should be just right for him and he'll have more of the ball to show his qualities. That being said, today was his best performance at RCM by a mile, so hopefully he can continue with performances like that whilst he's still playing there.

Berge looked much better today, more composed on the ball and filling the role well

Thought he looked class today ,much sharper ,more aware of what was going on around ,used his physicality well and never wasted a pass
Hope this is the start of something special

As others have said, he is still a youg lad, getting up to speed with the Premier League.

Today was like he suddenly woke up and realised what a big strong lad he is, there was no way any of the Arse players were going to knock him off the ball.

Agree with most on here, Oli McB was man of the match for us, but Sander was very close.

Must just be me that looks at the quality of delivery from Norwood when he gets in the wider positions on the right, and from free kicks out there as well, that thinks he‘d do well in that position if he and berge swapped over.

Not athletic enough and never runs with the ball.

Must just be me that looks at the quality of delivery from Norwood when he gets in the wider positions on the right, and from free kicks out there as well, that thinks he‘d do well in that position if he and berge swapped over.
Or perhaps maybe is targeting a new RCM contender. Am I right in thinking that Jeff Hendrick has played as a wide midfielder for Burnley against us?
edit:
1593362822253.png
Looked it up and he has, makes our previous links more understandable as our RCM plays incredibly wide and I think he would fit our system quite easily.

Yep. The more of the ball he sees, the quicker he will be to adjust.

Being in our team has made it a hard start for him. Having good possession in a couple of games soon will help him.

And with Lundstram's injury he might now be looking at a prolonged run in the team.

If he started to look the part, it would likely be the biggest positive from the end of the season.

I agree that’s why the Norwood role looks the best for him as he’ll get the ball all the time , but that might be a couple of years away.

Been a hard start for him but there’s not much he can do when the balls flying over his head and been played out of position

He's an instinctive (and intelligent) 2 or 3 touch player.

In all the time he's been here I can hardly recall him dribbling.

Can't see him ever playing RCM.

I'd like someone like Fleck at RCM.

I’d love Jed Wallace as RCM competition if berge carries on like he played today then he’ll be playing there for the foreseeable

Back
Top Bottom