Outgoing? SANDER BERGE ON WAY OUT ?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I can't see us building the team around him. His agent been pushing to sell for the past two years and it seems we are pushing for a sale this past January. I think we are stronger with him in the side and for the promotion push but once we go up - a new midfield will be needed.
What part of TRANSFER EMBARGO do you not follow?

I'd love him to stay next season if we're promoted to the PL. His game will be more suited to the Premier League. If things go well we could even offer him a new contract.

The lad has been messed about and suffered demoralising injuries, but has been a good pro and still has a lot to offer. I certainly don't wish he'd "fuck off".
He's had a tough time when almost everything that could have gone wrong, went wrong almost since the day he signed for us.
He was joining a club pushing for the Champions League, and if not certainly European football.
Then Covid
Played out of position
Wilders breakdown
Injuries
Burgled
More injuries

And not a single moan or grumble out of him

But, if we go up he should have a top contract put in front of him and he refuses to sign it, it's goodbye for £15 million or whatever we can get

What part of TRANSFER EMBARGO do you not follow?
Huh? Settle down Pedro. The team was obviously trying to sell Berge - hence the pulling from the Wrexham game and Heckys comments. I think the team will revisit in the summer - obviously IF the embargo has been lifted.

He's had a tough time when almost everything that could have gone wrong, went wrong almost since the day he signed for us.
He was joining a club pushing for the Champions League, and if not certainly European football.
Then Covid
Played out of position
Wilders breakdown
Injuries
Burgled
More injuries

And not a single moan or grumble out of him

But, if we go up he should have a top contract put in front of him and he refuses to sign it, it's goodbye for £15 million or whatever we can get
1675765136947.png

I'm not ITK but I've heard a few times now he wants to be the best free agent on the market when his contract expires.....

I'm not ITK but I've heard a few times now he wants to be the best free agent on the market when his contract expires.....
Then he’s got to play out of his skin in every game.

Let’s hope he doesn’t take a leaf out of Lunny’s book, eh kids?

sander had a good game against wrexham know its only a non league side but he should have gained some confidence from his performance

Sander & Iliman can run down there contracts for me

The £200 mill they will earn the club for getting us promoted is as good as the money from a sale

If we go up then they should either sign, or we sell
We can't let players walk away for free, especially as we are almost certainly relegation fodder if we go up.

If neither player wants to give the club some financial security then we sell them and get something for them

We can't let players walk away for free, especially as we are almost certainly relegation fodder if we go up.

If neither player wants to give the club some financial security then we sell them and get something for them
Complete agree, didn't Blackburn turn down 12m for Diaz? Now he's off on a free.

Complete agree, didn't Blackburn turn down 12m for Diaz? Now he's off on a free.

If that's true I wonder if he may fancy signing for us, certainly ideal in the context of not costing us a transfer fee although that will usually mean inflated agent's fees and player wages in scenarios likes this.

Though I don't know if there are any other lower mid table PL sides that are also interested in him, I suppose there might be a few.

If that's true I wonder if he may fancy signing for us, certainly ideal in the context of not costing us a transfer fee although that will usually mean inflated agent's fees and player wages in scenarios likes this.

Though I don't know if there are any other lower mid table PL sides that are also interested in him, I suppose there might be a few.

Signed a pre-deal with Villarreal, I believe.

100% agree on Berge, and with the general principle

It would be more difficult with Ndiaye, because we couldn't replace him with better, and we also didn't pay a big fee for him so wanting a return on that wouldn't be a factor.
Could also say the return we get for him is the PL money because if there's one player we'd be nowhere near without, it's him

Back
Top Bottom