Samball or Chris

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Big Sam or CW?

• Total voters
Errr, no its not.

I have been following the Blades for 40 years, have seen them in the 4th and in the Prem, old Wembley, new Wembley and Cardiff - loosing them all!

it a debate cos, well to put it simply, this is a forum*

My vote was with a stick with CW, however other people on other threads have suggested Sam, so lets put it to the vote - the freedom in this country is that people are entitled to an opinion, even if it differs from yours

and lets be straight, Prince, the board, CWAK themselves, the players - all will be asking the question

May I ask, why do you think it shouldnt be debated?

* FORUM, noun - a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.
The usual excuse that "it's a forum" for trotting out any old turgid dogshit because "it should be debated" shows about as much understanding of what a forum is actually for and what debate is actually about as a Wednesdayite's understanding of how to bake a cake that won't collapse in a heap on the floor.

There has been a couple of people on here suggesting we should consider Big Sam as an option
To be fair he rescued both Everton and West Ham, so this opinion isnt without foundation
There has also been reference to several other managers that may be suitable options should Prince pull the trigger

Question is -

We stick with CW, get relegated and accept we may bounce straight back up, conversely it may take us another 15 years to be back in the Prem
We go for Big Sam, he brings his own 'unique' SamBall style, we stay up and we give him a 2 year contract
We plump for another manager should CW not win at least one of the next 3 fixtures, and hope for the 'new manager bounce'

The lure of the Prem and all its trappings and revenue looks on paper appealing, however having sat through the Blackwell days, still have the neckbrace in the attic, personally I would go for stick it out and take our chances next year.

However we cannot ignore the gulf in revenue, look at our transfer budget, ground improvements, sponsorship revenue, global brand awareness etc

Hopefully the outcome of the poll can bring some clarity on the feelings of the contributors to this forum

In the interests of balance, I dont think your a pig if you vote anything other than Wilder, neither do I think your blind faith renders you a happy clapper if you do
I think there is clear clarity already so as ever do one

The O/P is very good, we know most of us want Wilder to stay, but to see the numbers (95% at the moment) is heartening that we are fully supporting the manager.

I want us to do exactly what Southampton did and get a new manager when results suggest it's needed and stay in the Premier League (9 seasons and counting), play in Europe and reach a cup final.
Like Southampton did last season bottom of the league & losing 9-0 at home?

If only there was some recent evidence of this squad and virtually every player in it having success in the Championship!
Next year it will be three seasons ago. Some of the better performers were a Dad’s Army back then.

If your tongue is not planted firmly up CW’s dirt track, and don’t believe that he’s got enough credit in the bank to take us down to League 2, you’re a “pig” who should fuck off back to S6 apparently.

Some people don’t understand he’s not bigger than the club. We’re suffering because of loyalty to him, I’d bring Big Sam in now if it was up to me.
your getting boring 🐷 just like your new manager stick to porktalk 😴

Like Southampton did last season bottom of the league & losing 9-0 at home?

That’s them, changed manager a fair few times in the last 9 years and still in the Premier League.

That’s them, changed manager a fair few times in the last 9 years and still in the Premier League.
The same Southampton who got embarrassed at home to Leicester, but got back off their ass with the same manager, worked hard and are now the most improved team in the premiership.
Two ways to look at the same argument

The same Southampton who got embarrassed at home to Leicester, but got back off their ass with the same manager, worked hard and are now the most improved team in the premiership.
Two ways to look at the same argument

Exactly, my initial point was in reply to Norwich not sacking their manager and it’s a model we should apparently follow.

My point is that clubs have sacked their manager and been better off. There is no guaranteed formula to follow, sometimes sacking the manager is best and sometimes keeping the manager is best.

Anything that doesn’t involve relegation gets my vote!

Look.

Allardyce = no

Wilder = yes

I can see however if he doesn't shack hissen soon and start shitting Tiffany cufflinks, HRH might not agree with this principle.

pommpey

Errr, no its not.

I have been following the Blades for 40 years, have seen them in the 4th and in the Prem, old Wembley, new Wembley and Cardiff - loosing them all!

it a debate cos, well to put it simply, this is a forum*

My vote was with a stick with CW, however other people on other threads have suggested Sam, so lets put it to the vote - the freedom in this country is that people are entitled to an opinion, even if it differs from yours

and lets be straight, Prince, the board, CWAK themselves, the players - all will be asking the question

May I ask, why do you think it shouldnt be debated?

* FORUM, noun - a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

Yes I can see your not a pig mate, I've just had a quick scan through your 17 pages of posting history in this site, your not very positive are you though, whilst I didn't exhaustively look at all your posts, I never saw a "fucking get in premiership here we come" or anything.

Just a bit negative, like questioning the greatest manager I have ever seen in charge at the club, something not many of us seem to want to do, we're in it together through thick and thin, and if I had my way we go down with wilder, come back with him, and more to follow..

The Prince seems to be on my page too.

Great stuff 10 more years for wilder, fuck the has beens and Dinasaur managers who are out of work for a reason.

lol..............currently 96.2% - quite conclusive.

fuck off piggy trolling bastards

UTB

Interestingly, the Porktalk poll immediately after Pulis’s arrival was more than 50% against his appointment and they hadn’t even seen a shocking performance before not wanting him.

We’ve picked up one point in 10 games and Chris has 96% of Blades on his side.

Quite remarkable!

Yes I can see your not a pig mate, I've just had a quick scan through your 17 pages of posting history in this site, your not very positive are you though, whilst I didn't exhaustively look at all your posts, I never saw a "fucking get in premiership here we come" or anything.

Just a bit negative, like questioning the greatest manager I have ever seen in charge at the club, something not many of us seem to want to do, we're in it together through thick and thin, and if I had my way we go down with wilder, come back with him, and more to follow..

The Prince seems to be on my page too.

Great stuff 10 more years for wilder, fuck the has beens and Dinasaur managers who are out of work for a reason.

firstly thank you for taking the time to research that no, im no pig. My day job calls for me to play devils advocate, so i always try to look objectively as well as positively

i think my lack of positivity is bourne out of frustration, im not calling for his head, in fact the opposite, i actually started the vote, with mine, which was keep him!

im just pissed that following the last 4 years we are now in the middle of a run that doesnt seem to have an end

i was present at all matches, home and away during the 90/91 season, celebrating like a nutter when we beat forest almost on xmas day - just hope we dont have to wait that long this time

To be fair, if not Sam we could get Neil (from Celtic)..
Christ on a bike... there is no better manager for the squad we have than Wilder. We are struggling because our team with pashun are playing friendlies in sterile atmospheres. Football is currently shit, we are playing shit, the whole thing is a bit shit.

On a positive note, the Pigs are even shittier..

Fuck it, let's just PANIC!!!!!!

Oh, hang on............some have already started!!

90-91 season, we survived, and our first win was the end of December if I remember rightly..............

Buck up!

Quite remarkable!

Except it isn't remarkable because the silent MAJORITY are perfectly Intune with what we are and who we are, presently going through a very very difficult situation.

Social media is breeding a very vocal minority that gets their message out and appears more popular than what it actually is.

As an example - 20% of people in the UK have a twitter account yet it's 2% of the people that account for 80% of the posts - they talk to themselves but the silent majority really don't give a fuck.

It's the same with Wilder as this very small sample on here confirms. Not met a real Blade or even a sensible Owls fan who reckons we should dump him.

UTB

Idiot post. There is no manager fit to fill Wilders boots so why are their any so called blades fans even raising this issue.
Big Sam give me a break.

I know a lot of pork on here stinking the place out. Get behind the team or p!$$ off back to the rust bucket you fizzing wee wee pipes!
They’ve got to be gutted that 95% still support Wilder and the other 5% will be largely pigs / pricks.

Funny when you consider probably 50% of grunters already want Pulis out 😂

If your tongue is not planted firmly up CW’s dirt track, and don’t believe that he’s got enough credit in the bank to take us down to League 2, you’re a “pig” who should fuck off back to S6 apparently.

Some people don’t understand he’s not bigger than the club. We’re suffering because of loyalty to him, I’d bring Big Sam in now if it was up to me.
1607024089107.gif

firstly thank you for taking the time to research that no, im no pig. My day job calls for me to play devils advocate, so i always try to look objectively as well as positively

i think my lack of positivity is bourne out of frustration, im not calling for his head, in fact the opposite, i actually started the vote, with mine, which was keep him!

im just pissed that following the last 4 years we are now in the middle of a run that doesnt seem to have an end

i was present at all matches, home and away during the 90/91 season, celebrating like a nutter when we beat forest almost on xmas day - just hope we dont have to wait that long this time
its so frustrating steve but if we had taken our chances in at least half a dozen games we wouldnt be in this position you could see chris's despair saturday at the hawthorns but we have to stick with him even if we go down i would fancy us to come straight back up if the worst happens and our strikers wont be up against international defenders every week utb fto

its so frustrating steve but if we had taken our chances in at least half a dozen games we wouldnt be in this position you could see chris's despair saturday at the hawthorns but we have to stick with him even if we go down i would fancy us to come straight back up if the worst happens and our strikers wont be up against international defenders every week utb fto
Do you think our best payers will stay?

Do you think our best payers will stay?
no i think berge egan and possibly joc will be sold but i reckon at least 80% of this squad will still be here weve got lots of cracking championship players but just not up to premier teams rammed with internationals its getting harder every year for clubs to survive in the prem without major investment on the pitch i think we just got here a couple of years early to be honest but i fancy us strongly to get back up if the worst happens

Back
Top Bottom