Samball or Chris

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Big Sam or CW?

• Total voters

steve26272

Reaction score
There has been a couple of people on here suggesting we should consider Big Sam as an option
To be fair he rescued both Everton and West Ham, so this opinion isnt without foundation
There has also been reference to several other managers that may be suitable options should Prince pull the trigger

Question is -

We stick with CW, get relegated and accept we may bounce straight back up, conversely it may take us another 15 years to be back in the Prem
We go for Big Sam, he brings his own 'unique' SamBall style, we stay up and we give him a 2 year contract
We plump for another manager should CW not win at least one of the next 3 fixtures, and hope for the 'new manager bounce'

The lure of the Prem and all its trappings and revenue looks on paper appealing, however having sat through the Blackwell days, still have the neckbrace in the attic, personally I would go for stick it out and take our chances next year.

However we cannot ignore the gulf in revenue, look at our transfer budget, ground improvements, sponsorship revenue, global brand awareness etc

Hopefully the outcome of the poll can bring some clarity on the feelings of the contributors to this forum

In the interests of balance, I dont think your a pig if you vote anything other than Wilder, neither do I think your blind faith renders you a happy clapper if you do

The idea that we should sack wilder while it is pretty certain that we are going down with just about any realistic alternative manager in place, ahead of this manager and these players being together in the championship... just why? We won’t get a better result than keeping him.

The idea that we should sack wilder while it is pretty certain that we are going down with just about any realistic alternative manager in place, ahead of this manager and these players being together in the championship... just why? We won’t get a better result than keeping him.
I don’t understand why people think this squad will do anything in the Championship.

Just so I’m clear... these players, after relegation, will still be at the team (the decent ones) and not easing off (the older ones) and we are relying on our recruitment record to strengthen the side?

Looking towards next season in the second tier is a heady mix of defeatism and extreme optimism.

Is this a serious poll? The ones who have a look at the posting history of the people who mention Alardyce! Should tell you everything you need to know!

I don’t understand why people think this squad will do anything in the Championship.
so i assume you think this squad would do nothing in the championship disagree totally it would be a cracking squad and i believe providing we stick with cw/ak we would get back up first time utb fto

There has been a couple of people on here suggesting we should consider Big Sam as an option
To be fair he rescued both Everton and West Ham, so this opinion isnt without foundation
There has also been reference to several other managers that may be suitable options should Prince pull the trigger

Question is -

We stick with CW, get relegated and accept we may bounce straight back up, conversely it may take us another 15 years to be back in the Prem
We go for Big Sam, he brings his own 'unique' SamBall style, we stay up and we give him a 2 year contract
We plump for another manager should CW not win at least one of the next 3 fixtures, and hope for the 'new manager bounce'

The lure of the Prem and all its trappings and revenue looks on paper appealing, however having sat through the Blackwell days, still have the neckbrace in the attic, personally I would go for stick it out and take our chances next year.

However we cannot ignore the gulf in revenue, look at our transfer budget, ground improvements, sponsorship revenue, global brand awareness etc

Hopefully the outcome of the poll can bring some clarity on the feelings of the contributors to this forum

In the interests of balance, I dont think your a pig if you vote anything other than Wilder, neither do I think your blind faith renders you a happy clapper if you do
All this crap speculation about changing CW ..for what.???!! Allardyce ? forget it. next thing somebody will be suggesting Nigel Pearson ffs.!
The players should get us out of this mess or forfeit their salaries cos some of them arent putting a decent shift in.

Why is this even a debate? It’s come from a pig no doubt. Don’t take the bait.

Sambal? The curry? Aye, I'd go for a Sambal wi' Chris. Is that the question?

These are two separate questions

Should we sack Wilder? No
Should he ever have big Sam at our club? No

Why is this even a debate? It’s come from a pig no doubt. Don’t take the bait.

Errr, no its not.

I have been following the Blades for 40 years, have seen them in the 4th and in the Prem, old Wembley, new Wembley and Cardiff - loosing them all!

it a debate cos, well to put it simply, this is a forum*

My vote was with a stick with CW, however other people on other threads have suggested Sam, so lets put it to the vote - the freedom in this country is that people are entitled to an opinion, even if it differs from yours

and lets be straight, Prince, the board, CWAK themselves, the players - all will be asking the question

May I ask, why do you think it shouldnt be debated?

* FORUM, noun - a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

May I ask, why do you think it shouldnt be debated?
If your tongue is not planted firmly up CW’s dirt track, and don’t believe that he’s got enough credit in the bank to take us down to League 2, you’re a “pig” who should fuck off back to S6 apparently.

Some people don’t understand he’s not bigger than the club. We’re suffering because of loyalty to him, I’d bring Big Sam in now if it was up to me.

If your tongue is not planted firmly up CW’s dirt track, and don’t believe that he’s got enough credit in the bank to take us down to League 2, you’re a “pig” who should fuck off back to S6 apparently.

Some people don’t understand he’s not bigger than the club. We’re suffering because of loyalty to him, I’d bring Big Sam in now if it was up to me.
Thankfully it’s not up to you

Yep talk amongst yourselves but you’ll all have gathered that the vast majority of Blades on here don’t give a fuck about what Pork thinks. Time to go back into hibernation methinks.

By the way, we Blades are pure amateurs when it comes to the arse licking stakes. You lot were so far up Chancer’s shit hole you could taste the tuna on his tonsils.

Back
Top Bottom