Samba’s bottle

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
Just been looking at this, andI’m impressed that not only does Samba seem to predict, with a great deal of accuracy how our penalty takers, are going to take them, but also the order in which the pens are to be taken,with the exception of Ndiaye, for Osborn.
He guessed the correct order of our first 3 penalty takers, and also appears to guess correctly that Norrington-Davies will feature and Stevens, not.
Be interesting to know, from Hecky,how well he guessed the penalty takers order after Gibbs-White.

1652879423792.jpeg

Just been looking at this, andI’m impressed that not only does Samba seem to predict, with a great deal of accuracy how our penalty takers, are going to take them, but also the order in which the pens are to be taken,with the exception of Ndiaye, for Osborn.
He guessed the correct order of our first 3 penalty takers, and also appears to guess correctly that Norrington-Davies will feature and Stevens, not.
Be interesting to know, from Hecky,how well he guessed the penalty takers order after Gibbs-White.

View attachment 136180
That looks like Coopers organisation and planning.

Good guessing, planning............

Or something else?🤔

Given we ain't had many pens this season and when we have it's been Sharp.

How do they know not only the order of the takers but also which way to go?

Norwood has been on penalty duties in the past for us, but otherwise.....????

The fact the order was about right for me sounds fishy. Or would he have written them down when we announced the order at end of extra time?

I’m not sure that was the order but more likely the takers. But looking at the order it was pretty clear that Norwood would be first up.

I would guess it’s something which their analysts and Gk coaches did with Samba and most likely they put the bottle together during extra time.

Osborn, hourihane both coming on during ET whilst Fleck, Osula and Jebbo didn’t feature.

Last three penalty Shootouts we’ve been involved in:

Southampton 21/22 efl cup
Norwood
Brewster
Osborn
McBurnie

Burnley 20/21 efl cup
Norwood
McBurnie
Sharp
Berge
Osborn

Hull City 18/19 efl cup
Norwood
Sharp
Woodburn
JOC
Bash

I’m not sure that was the order but more likely the takers. But looking at the order it was pretty clear that Norwood would be first up.

I would guess it’s something which their analysts and Gk coaches did with Samba and most likely they put the bottle together during extra time.

Osborn, hourihane both coming on during ET whilst Fleck, Osula and Jebbo didn’t feature.

Last three penalty Shootouts we’ve been involved in:

Southampton 21/22 efl cup
Norwood
Brewster
Osborn
McBurnie

Burnley 20/21 efl cup
Norwood
McBurnie
Sharp
Berge
Osborn

Hull City 18/19 efl cup
Norwood
Sharp
Woodburn
JOC
Bash
They should tell him the rules and moving off the goal line

I presume that’s what the ref was telling him and Wes before the pens. Always thought that’s why both Lino’s were there on pens…
Watch the replays three times well off his line before the ball was struck…VAR love it or loath it checks every penalty kick. It would have been retaken and if he persisted a booking that would have restricted him breaking the rules

Watch the replays three times well off his line before the ball was struck…VAR love it or loath it checks every penalty kick. It would have been retaken and if he persisted a booking that would have restricted him breaking the rules
It doesn’t need VAR for the lino to see it. That’s the point I’m making. They’re on the line for a reason

I watched someone's view of the penalties on a YouTube vlog where they were sat perfectly in line across from it all at the front of the infamous A-Block

Samba very clever actually and can definitely see there's techniques he's rehearsed for it... it does look like he's jumped early and off his line but he isn't. He keeps his standing foot on the line as its kicked , I managed to take screenshots.

The Norwood penalty... and thats just after Norwoods kicked it...you can see his one foot is still on the line ... seriously his timing at reacting to them was bang on.
Its nowhere near like some keepers you see that end up half way out in their 6 yard box when penalties are struck.

Screenshot_20220518-133726_YouTube.jpg

You don't just save penalties through luck. This shows amazing amount of planning given we hardly ever take one outside of Sharp and Norwood. That and the different reaction to each taker. Given they were favourites and ahead, a lot of planning. I think he even told one player where he was going to put it.

I watched someone's view of the penalties on a YouTube vlog where they were sat perfectly in line across from it all at the front of the infamous A-Block

Samba very clever actually and can definitely see there's techniques he's rehearsed for it... it does look like he's jumped early and off his line but he isn't. He keeps his standing foot on the line as its kicked , I managed to take screenshots.

The Norwood penalty... and thats just after Norwoods kicked it...you can see his one foot is still on the line ... seriously his timing at reacting to them was bang on.
Its nowhere near like some keepers you see that end up half way out in their 6 yard box when penalties are struck.

View attachment 136191
And Wes was off his line on more than one occasion. There's an art to penalty saving.

This is nothing new, the same thing has been happening for years... the work is done by analysts (no point having them if they're not going to analyse anything is there?)

As for RND starting over Stevens, the list on the bottle wouldn't have been written until after the team-sheers were in, most likely not until extra time, Jebbison & Osula on there as they're the 2 most likely to be brought on to take penalties if we were to bring anyone on just for that reason right at the end...

It doesn’t need VAR for the lino to see it. That’s the point I’m making. They’re on the line for a reason
Not noticed that, I'll take another look at the pens now! As for the bottle, some of the names on the bottle have never taken a penalty to my knowledge such as RND, Osula and Jebbo for example maybe they looked at the under 23 games? I was looking today on youtube earlier in regards to previous pens and Hourihane went to the left v Yeovil for Barnsley - that was the only one I saw, there's probably been more though that we don't know of. Samba went to his left - the opposite way to the Yeovil pen.

If that's been done in extra time then they wouldn't know the penalty takers would they? I thought you only know that when each team submits the takers to the ref, even then would the opposition know the order. He's not got it fully right, or whoever did it, so presumably there's just guess work on the order. I think much of that list on the bottle is just guesswork and he decided or someone else before to have a plan on which way to go, rather than deciding on the run up of the player or just before etc. In some ways it's even more luck on that basis of a plan before, because as I said there is no or little history of pens taken for some of the players on the bottle. I can't recall Fleck taking one either ever?

In the build up to the shootout the sky cameras lingered on Samba walking up with his bottle...and if you recall it looked odd because he had his towel wrapped round it whilst taking swigs from it....now we know why. 👍

Not noticed that, I'll take another look at the pens now! As for the bottle, some of the names on the bottle have never taken a penalty to my knowledge such as RND, Osula and Jebbo for example maybe they looked at the under 23 games? I was looking today on youtube earlier in regards to previous pens and Hourihane went to the left v Yeovil for Barnsley - that was the only one I saw, there's probably been more though that we don't know of. Samba went to his left - the opposite way to the Yeovil pen.

If that's been done in extra time then they wouldn't know the penalty takers would they? I thought you only know that when each team submits the takers to the ref, even then would the opposition know the order. He's not got it fully right, or whoever did it, so presumably there's just guess work on the order. I think much of that list on the bottle is just guesswork and he decided or someone else before to have a plan on which way to go, rather than deciding on the run up of the player or just before etc. In some ways it's even more luck on that basis of a plan before, because as I said there is no or little history of pens taken for some of the players on the bottle. I can't recall Fleck taking one either ever?
Can’t underestimate the power of networks, Cooper was involved with England prior to Swansea and Hourihane was with Cooper at Swansea last season, as was Gibbs White.

You’re right about Osula and Jebbo as it would be hard to know much about them unless they’d been watched in U23’s etc

Fleck took a pen in a shoot out prior to the 3 shoots i mentioned and missed.

And yeah, the names would be handed to the ref after ET so they’ve obviously covered as many bases as they could with the list

In the build up to the shootout the sky cameras lingered on Samba walking up with his bottle...and if you recall it looked odd because he had his towel wrapped round it whilst taking swigs from it....now we know why. 👍
Yeah saw that as well. Was obviously handed to him just before pens.

Back
Top Bottom