Samba’s bottle

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I watched someone's view of the penalties on a YouTube vlog where they were sat perfectly in line across from it all at the front of the infamous A-Block

Samba very clever actually and can definitely see there's techniques he's rehearsed for it... it does look like he's jumped early and off his line but he isn't. He keeps his standing foot on the line as its kicked , I managed to take screenshots.

The Norwood penalty... and thats just after Norwoods kicked it...you can see his one foot is still on the line ... seriously his timing at reacting to them was bang on.
Its nowhere near like some keepers you see that end up half way out in their 6 yard box when penalties are struck.

View attachment 136191

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220518-085609_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220518-085609_Chrome.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 84
I just assumed he was a Jedi fckin Knight after that shoot out but appears he and his staff were extremely well prepared. Kudos

Whatever happened to taking a run up to strike a penalty? This taking a couple of steps / shuffling the feet nonsense and tamely striking it needs to stop. Just look at how Shearer used to take them.

Pickford has a similar thing, think it is common in the modern game.

1652919202729.png

1652919291530.png

Are there any other images of the bottle to illustrate how ‘accurate’ were the identified responses to the actual kicks taken - eg appears to read Stand (still?) for Hourihane - which he did
Given he stopped 3 suggests that info must have been ‘spot on’ (😳) or did we ‘bottle it

Aye -I know, but it is late & I’m celebrating the German United’s victory

Given we ain't had many pens this season and when we have it's been Sharp.

How do they know not only the order of the takers but also which way to go?

Norwood has been on penalty duties in the past for us, but otherwise.....????

The fact the order was about right for me sounds fishy. Or would he have written them down when we announced the order at end of extra time?
Nowt fishy we’d have come up with a similar order

Watched a YouTube video in the week about keepers and as soon as I saw he had that stupid jacket on his bottle I called it. Frustrating that Wes didn't pick up on it and slip a word to the lads to do 'alternates'

Watched a YouTube video in the week about keepers and as soon as I saw he had that stupid jacket on his bottle I called it. Frustrating that Wes didn't pick up on it and slip a word to the lads to do 'alternates'
Or better still switch bottles

The only way to stop keepers delaying penalties all gamesmanship is ! Once the ref blows his whistle there is a time limited how long the goalkeeper has to get in position failing that the taker has the right to take the pen whether the goalkeeper is ready or not.
Easy enough to implement, ref has the whistle and the watch,it's the only way to stop it.His teammates and fans wouldn't be pleased if the ball is shot into an empty net or the goalie has his back to the pen taker.
Booking keeper is pointless just laughs at the ref,unless he books him a 2nd time and sends him off! that's not going to happen is it.

The only way to stop keepers delaying penalties all gamesmanship is ! Once the ref blows his whistle there is a time limited how long the goalkeeper has to get in position failing that the taker has the right to take the pen whether the goalkeeper is ready or not.
Easy enough to implement, ref has the whistle and the watch,it's the only way to stop it.His teammates and fans wouldn't be pleased if the ball is shot into an empty net or the goalie has his back to the pen taker.
Booking keeper is pointless just laughs at the ref,unless he books him a 2nd time and sends him off! that's not going to happen is it.
Really good point. If Oliver had blown his whistle to take the pen whilst Samba was fooking about it’s an easy tap in.

Not sure why keepers need to take a drink or walk around when they’ve already had a couple of mins since the last pen to do all that

Good idea !

On a similar note - in cricket I’m sure that the batsman has to be ready as soon as the bowler starts his run-up. In reality the umpires always seem to hold the bowler up while the batsman is getting prepared, adjusting his gear etc. Would soon stop if the batsman looked up not quite ready to see the ball whistling down towards him.

Back
Top Bottom